Total Solution Samprand's Attacking The Fat - And This Time It's Serious!

Hi Lynne, yeah I'm ok :) How are you? Chris how did your human MOT go?

I'm back to work finally! Started on Tuesday with a few hours, covered a few hours yesterday and am covering a few hours today aswell. Took the car back to get its work done on Wednesday, £108 later I have a valid MOT, whoopeedoo lol Still need to get the rear brakes looked at, at some point (it's officially on the to-do list). I've picked up as much overtime as possible so am going to be working between 7am and 11pm on both Saturday and Sunday, I need to do some financial damage control after being off work for so long! As long as my foot doesn't hurt or swell too much it should be fine.

Diet-wise I've been struggling a lot, doesn't help that I'm still having TOTM, sometimes it seems like it has stopped and then it's back in full force - I've got a feeling it's going to be a long one :( I seem to have a constant headache too which is worse at night so my sleep is disrupted, I wonder if it's related. And on top of that, one of the cats was on a total manic one in the early hours, kept me up for an hour running around all over the place, knocking stuff over, meowing louder than should be physically possible, jumping on the bed, climbing on me, trying to play with the dogs lol

One of our other cats has been poorly recently, she has been having diarrhoea and a very red bum, looks so sore the poor thing. Took her to the vets yesterday, 10 minutes, some cream and 2 jabs later and my bank balance was £90 lower, oh joy! Money-wise things have been bloody rough lately lol Firstly with me being off sick, then the washing machine packing up, then the car's MOT work and retest, now the cat, that's on top of the usual cost of rent, bills and petrol.

Who said being an adult was fun!?

Oh Sam I can completely sympathise! I'm off sick had MOT in Dec cats and dog booster due now and washing machine seal has just gone :) there isn't a penny left :)
So glad you are back at work though that will definitely help :D

Got the cholesterol results back and the letter said problem :eek: book doctors appointment, booked in for 14:00 on Monday. Guess I will find out more then.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Hope you're OK Chris.
Sam, when you struggle go back to read day 1 of your diary and it might spur you on to keep on track. My cat likes to keep me on track too. He sleeps on my bed and if the dog comes near he warns him off!

Hope you're OK Chris.
Sam, when you struggle go back to read day 1 of your diary and it might spur you on to keep on track. My cat likes to keep me on track too. He sleeps on my bed and if the dog comes near he warns him off!

Lol @ the cat :)
My cats are getting so tubby at the moment they don't want to go out as its wet and cold so they are taking after their mummy and staying inside and getting fat lol

My cat doesn't like going out when it's cold and wet either! He's the real boss where the dog is concerned!

Awwww Sam...

Ul get through it all chick. Just ride the headache, knackered and severely skint storm because there's sunshine forecast for you :)

Hope u have a good day x

Hi Sam. How are you today?

Hi all :) not been around much lately, things have been M.A.N.I.C

Been working a lot, including covering client visits last minute (which means getting a call at 7am asking if I can be at a client's house by 7.45 lol), and trying to keep everything ticking over. TOTM seems to have stopped so that's good, but then at the opposite end of the spectrum, my partner and I had a MASSIVE bust up the other night which really wasn't nice at all. We both got some stuff off of our chests though so that can't be a bad thing. The cat's still poorly, ended up taking her back to the vets the other day as she seemed worse, so I'm worried about her. And I need to start sorting out the advisories the garage recorded about the car. The new job isn't everything I was lead to believe it would be lol I mean, I knew they would sugarcoat it a bit during our training, but since I've gone back to work, 15(ish) new staff members have left for a whole range of issues ranging from unfair contracts to not being given enough petrol allowance. The main thing I'm worrying about is that because of the times of client visits, sometimes I have gaps between visits - sometimes it's a 30 min gap which isn't too bad I suppose, but the other night I had a 2 hour gap. So that means that I'm basically sitting around in my car not getting paid whenever I have a gap. Which would be ok in most circumstances except that I'm the only person working in our relationship, so I literally can't afford to be sitting around not getting paid. Since I've been back to work, I've had a few all-day shifts, working between 7am-11pm, but instead of getting paid 16 hours' wages, I only earn 8 hours' worth at a push. Just going to have to see how it goes I think.

Anyway, in other news :p I'm going back on plan today. Working 4-11pm today (with minimal gaps, yay!) so that should keep me out of trouble during what would normally be my scoff-everything-in-sight danger time.

How's everyone doing?

I hope it went ok at the doctors Chris!

Ohhhh before I forget, I've also decided to do some charity fundraising later this year. Last year I did a 10k walk for the Alzheimer's Society. This year I'm doing something different (but might do the walk again when it comes round).

I've decided to cut off my hair to raise money for a charity that makes real-hair wigs for children who are losing their own hair, through illnesses such as cancer or Trichotillomania (where you pull your own hair out). My fund target is £350, as it costs that much to make the hair in to a wig, so I thought it would be great to cover the costs of them turning my hair into a wig for a child on top of the hair donation. I plan to do the cut on September 1st.

This is another source of motivation for me, as I want to cut off at least 12 inches. My hair's fairly long anyway but to cut that much off will leave me with bob-length hair, which will NOT look good on me at this weight lol

Who knows, I might be such a tiny skinny-minny by September that I could go for a full on pixie cut :D

Ohhhh before I forget, I've also decided to do some charity fundraising later this year. Last year I did a 10k walk for the Alzheimer's Society. This year I'm doing something different (but might do the walk again when it comes round).

I've decided to cut off my hair to raise money for a charity that makes real-hair wigs for children who are losing their own hair, through illnesses such as cancer or Trichotillomania (where you pull your own hair out). My fund target is £350, as it costs that much to make the hair in to a wig, so I thought it would be great to cover the costs of them turning my hair into a wig for a child on top of the hair donation. I plan to do the cut on September 1st.

This is another source of motivation for me, as I want to cut off at least 12 inches. My hair's fairly long anyway but to cut that much off will leave me with bob-length hair, which will NOT look good on me at this weight lol

Who knows, I might be such a tiny skinny-minny by September that I could go for a full on pixie cut :D

What a lovely idea :) I'd really love to do something like this wish I wasn't so paranoid about my fat face :S

Hi Sam. Pleased you're back. If your'e not happy with your job, don't pack it in but look for another job while you're doing it. It doesn't sound good that you worked all those hours for only 8 hours pay. Is it commission based?

Nice to see you back :)

What a lovely idea :) I'd really love to do something like this wish I wasn't so paranoid about my fat face :S

Great to see you back. Wig sounds lovely :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3...

Hi Sam. Pleased you're back. If your'e not happy with your job, don't pack it in but look for another job while you're doing it. It doesn't sound good that you worked all those hours for only 8 hours pay. Is it commission based?

Hi everyone :)

DustQueen, I'm worried about my fat face too lol Even when I was slimmer my face was round, but obviously it's got rounder the fatter I've got! You could do the fundraiser with me?! It's all extra motivation.

Lynne, I think that's what I'm going to have to do. No it's not anything to do with commission, I'm a domiciliary carer. But with this company, I only get paid for the time I'm actually in with a client, and I get paid petrol allowance, but I don't get paid for the time it takes travelling between clients, I also don't get paid for any gaps between clients, even though the gaps can range anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. There are also (generally) no client visits at all between 2-4pm for all carers, so that's 2 hours I'd rather be actually working.

Been trying to work things out and based on me working anywhere between 7am-11pm for a month without a day off, actually getting paid for 7 hours per day, would mean I would get approx £1400 (after tax) which is more than enough to pay bills etc and even have some left over but realistically, who wants to work all day every day with no time off to only earn a little bit more than the minimum of what I need to.

I'm the only one working so need to earn enough to support both myself and my partner, which is fine, but the way I see it, if I'm out of the house for, for instance, 12 hours, then I could be working somewhere that I get paid for those 12 hours. I said to my partner last night (after being out for 16 hours) that this sort of work would be fine if I only wanted part-time work, or wanted to earn a little bit of cash to top up the income, but as a sole source of income I can't see it working.

Of course it was all explained differently during our interviews and training! Otherwise I wouldn't have gone for it

It's all fun and games :D

Back