Total Solution Samprand's Attacking The Fat - And This Time It's Serious!

Thanks hun :)

Turns out the reason I wasn't feeling well was because my body had decided to give me a TOTM, most likely due to my (slight) weight loss - this happened last time I was on Exante too, it's almost like my body goes in to shock in response to losing a few pounds and says "Oh I know what will help!" lol The reason it's hit me so hard though is that I have PCOS so I pretty much never have visits from Aunt Flow :D But when I do get them, although they are incredibly rare, they are awful, I get such horrible cramps and stomach upsets.

Suffice to say I ate 'normal' food yesterday to try to make myself feel better and less shaky. We'll see how today goes though. On one hand I'd like to say that I'll be ok and just push through it all, but on the other hand I think balls to that and if eating is going to help me get through then that's what I should do.

The joys of being a woman!

Hey Hun just found your diary :) you're doing great :)
Oh the joys of pcos hey :) I have the same thing never really get totm unless I'm on the pill but if I do god is it sensitive :S not much fun at all hope it passes quickly x

Hi DustQueen! :) How are things?

Feeling a bit better now, not quite as pass-out-ish lol and the upset stomach and cramps seem to have eased off, so will be restarting tomorrow.

Started to make arrangements for going back to work, GP is writing me a fit for work note which they are going to get done for me by Monday, then I've got to go in to work for a return to work interview with a view to me actually getting back out to work on either Tuesday or Wednesday. They seemed a bit wary of me wanting to go back as my sick note doesn't run out until the 27th January but it's getting to a point where I neeeed to go back to work, mentally and financially. Ironic thing is that my foot has randomly decided to ache now, typical!

And the car's booked in for it's MOT tomorrow. Never had to put a car through an MOT before, I'm not really sure what to expect, just hoping it doesn't need any work.

Hi DustQueen! :) How are things?

Feeling a bit better now, not quite as pass-out-ish lol and the upset stomach and cramps seem to have eased off, so will be restarting tomorrow.

Started to make arrangements for going back to work, GP is writing me a fit for work note which they are going to get done for me by Monday, then I've got to go in to work for a return to work interview with a view to me actually getting back out to work on either Tuesday or Wednesday. They seemed a bit wary of me wanting to go back as my sick note doesn't run out until the 27th January but it's getting to a point where I neeeed to go back to work, mentally and financially. Ironic thing is that my foot has randomly decided to ache now, typical!

And the car's booked in for it's MOT tomorrow. Never had to put a car through an MOT before, I'm not really sure what to expect, just hoping it doesn't need any work.

Yeah I'm not too bad.
God can I sympathise with that I've been off sick for three years now completely broke and fed up with it by now :( hope you get some good support and get back to it with the least amount of stress x
Oh MOT time :S last year my car seemed fond and cost £800 to fix the issues were so bad, this year it had been making awful noises and I thought it'd be scraped but it only cost £30 lol so you never know, just cross your fingers I'd say x good luck x

I have an MOT on Monday, but that's me not the car. :-[

Yeah I'm not too bad.
God can I sympathise with that I've been off sick for three years now completely broke and fed up with it by now :( hope you get some good support and get back to it with the least amount of stress x
Oh MOT time :S last year my car seemed fond and cost £800 to fix the issues were so bad, this year it had been making awful noises and I thought it'd be scraped but it only cost £30 lol so you never know, just cross your fingers I'd say x good luck x

That's a loooong time to be off work, I've got no idea how you've made it through, being home has driven me mad but the positive part has been that I've actually spent time with my partner which doesn't normally happen as I work 60/70 hours a week. £800 to get it fixed?! Bloody hell! Motoring is expensive lol It's booked in for 2.30pm, will definitely cross my fingers :D

Yay! I've got MOT today too. Mines making a few noises that I've been ignoring but hopefully it will pass. Good luck with yours! X

Thank you! Have you had yours yet? x

I have an MOT on Monday, but that's me not the car. :-[

Aw Chris, it will be ok, what's your human MOT for? :)

Aw Chris, it will be ok, what's your human MOT for? :)

I was advised to have my cholesterol checked every 2 years in 08, had it done in 10 but forgot in 12, only remembered when I read somewhere that ketogenic diets were good for cholesterol levels so booked in for fasting bloods Mon morning.

Hi Sam. Just catching up with your diary. Hope your car got through its MOT?

I was advised to have my cholesterol checked every 2 years in 08, had it done in 10 but forgot in 12, only remembered when I read somewhere that ketogenic diets were good for cholesterol levels so booked in for fasting bloods Mon morning.

Oh, well I hope it goes well Chris :)

Passed its MOT. Got a few advisories but they can wait :) how did you go? X

Hi Sam. Just catching up with your diary. Hope your car got through its MOT?

Congrats Tryinghard :D My car needs a new bulb and needs something done to the steering... hub... thing... or something lol its got excessive play apparently (whatever that means) so is going to cost £80 before they can pass it, I've also been advised that my rear brakes will need looking at "not right away, in a month or so"... so right away then? lol

Just what I need!

After looking forward to getting back to work my foot has been really hurting and playing up a lot today, makes me wonder if I shouldn't go back yet. My uncle suggested I could call CAB about my accident and see if I can find out who's responsible, and sue them for my injury and lost wages. I must say it's tempting, plus something needs to be done about the cause of my accident, someone could get seriously hurt one day, if it was an elderly person who had fallen, who knows what could have happened to them, though you'd think it would have been sorted out years ago.

Hi Sam

About the claim... The national accident helpline will be able to advise the ins and outs. My daughter worked for a solicitors who dealt with claims referred from Nat acc helpline. It seems that people make claims for everything and anything and your case seems straight forward. Worth finding out about. Who would be liable? X

Hi Sam. I would definitely look into it.

I'm certainly considering it. Basically I fell down a stupidly high shop step that was not lit or signposted or anything, so it would either be the shop or the council that are liable.

Foot doesn't seem so bad right now, it seems to flare up and then settle down again. Back to work tomorrow (as long as my welfare interview thingy goes ok) :D I'll be out from 1pm and then working 4-11pm, so it seems like the perfect time to get back on track, and to just get on with it! We're nearing the end of January soon and chances are that I'm back up to 19st thanks to TOTM making me feel ill and using food to get myself through, but I'm over the worst so got no excuse to not get back on plan. After all, if I don't I will be a month in to 2014 with no weight loss!

And that just isn't good enough I'm afraid lol :cool:

Hi Sam. Good plan. Back on track for you Missy!

Hi Sam. Hope you're OK.

Hi Sam. Hope you're OK.

Hi Lynne, yeah I'm ok :) How are you? Chris how did your human MOT go?

I'm back to work finally! Started on Tuesday with a few hours, covered a few hours yesterday and am covering a few hours today aswell. Took the car back to get its work done on Wednesday, £108 later I have a valid MOT, whoopeedoo lol Still need to get the rear brakes looked at, at some point (it's officially on the to-do list). I've picked up as much overtime as possible so am going to be working between 7am and 11pm on both Saturday and Sunday, I need to do some financial damage control after being off work for so long! As long as my foot doesn't hurt or swell too much it should be fine.

Diet-wise I've been struggling a lot, doesn't help that I'm still having TOTM, sometimes it seems like it has stopped and then it's back in full force - I've got a feeling it's going to be a long one :( I seem to have a constant headache too which is worse at night so my sleep is disrupted, I wonder if it's related. And on top of that, one of the cats was on a total manic one in the early hours, kept me up for an hour running around all over the place, knocking stuff over, meowing louder than should be physically possible, jumping on the bed, climbing on me, trying to play with the dogs lol

One of our other cats has been poorly recently, she has been having diarrhoea and a very red bum, looks so sore the poor thing. Took her to the vets yesterday, 10 minutes, some cream and 2 jabs later and my bank balance was £90 lower, oh joy! Money-wise things have been bloody rough lately lol Firstly with me being off sick, then the washing machine packing up, then the car's MOT work and retest, now the cat, that's on top of the usual cost of rent, bills and petrol.

Who said being an adult was fun!?

Back