Total Solution Samprand's Exante Diary - It's Time To Make Some Changes: Goodbye "Fat Me" :)

Just keep on to the end of the road :eatdrink051:

It's tricky though! The road is littered with temptation. But if I put a game-face and my food-blinkers on I should survive, at least for a while.

Well done on your loss! x

Samprand said:
So you didn't like the chocolate orange bar, that's the one I'm going to have in a mo lol Think I'll try the vanilla shake and thai chicken soup too. I've read about those Atkins bars, I think a lot of people have them as an extra snack throughout the day, and they stay in ketosis because it's still an incredibly low amount of calories. Oh I can't stand black tea or coffee, and don't like stock-y things like Oxo or bouillon, so well done for surviving the day on them! It's weird to think that with such manic and hectic jobs we even have time to overeat and gain weight, yet somehow, I managed it lol Getting catheterised isn't a bad idea haha! :D Your job sounds mental, but I'm guessing you probably think the same as me - you do it because you love it :)

Oh godddd yes all the food was hard to resist, especially the gammon, it was just there looking at me, I even found myself trying to avoid eye contact with it lol Sounds like going out is a bit of a mission, I can imagine! But you managed a 30min walk, that's great. Kept you busy and burnt some calories too. Have you got any ketostix? Mine have arrived today from ebay, ironically I now don't have to pee despite being desperate for one many times at work today. I'm tempted to weigh either now or tomorrow morning, but I'm trying to wait until I weigh in on Tuesday...but I think I might have used up all my willpower on that gammon lol Mmm I could have quite happily just went face-down in the pile of it and ate the lot, that would have been embarassing but worth it. My boyfriend ordered me some clothes which arrived today, they're all intentionally a few sizes too small, so some added motivation. 7-10lbs would be a great loss, I don't really have a number in mind. I weighed myself last night and the scales said 16st 8lbs, which would mean a 4lb loss in one day, so I didn't take much notice, then again, on this diet that is possible lol That's why I kind of want to weigh now, to see if they say I'm even lower, but I'm trying to be good x

Apparently being overweight is really common in healthcare professionals, but yeah, I don't sit down for 12.5 hrs, barely eat or pee but yet am still mahoosive, it's not fair... I'm just watching One Born Every Minute its making me miss work even more!! Another thing I miss is free urinalysis sticks!! So no I haven't got ketostix because I'm sure I can get them for free, but I'm missing checking! I only used check in the mornings because the wee is strongest and as I hydrated more during the day the pinkness got weaker and made me paranoid I wasn't ketotic anymore! I loved the image of you going face down in the gammon, I used to do that at work with the leftover patient sandwiches, unopened ones... I'd sneak out the fillings if it was turkey or ham or cheese... throw the bread away... terrible!! Did you like the Thai chicken? that was always my nemesis soup on Cambridge! x

Apparently being overweight is really common in healthcare professionals, but yeah, I don't sit down for 12.5 hrs, barely eat or pee but yet am still mahoosive, it's not fair... I'm just watching One Born Every Minute its making me miss work even more!! Another thing I miss is free urinalysis sticks!! So no I haven't got ketostix because I'm sure I can get them for free, but I'm missing checking! I only used check in the mornings because the wee is strongest and as I hydrated more during the day the pinkness got weaker and made me paranoid I wasn't ketotic anymore! I loved the image of you going face down in the gammon, I used to do that at work with the leftover patient sandwiches, unopened ones... I'd sneak out the fillings if it was turkey or ham or cheese... throw the bread away... terrible!! Did you like the Thai chicken? that was always my nemesis soup on Cambridge! x

I feel exactly the same about being mahoosive lol it's like, how is it possible to not burn millions of calories every day doing such busy jobs! Oh nooooo I missed OBEM :( I always forget about it, going to set our Sky box to record methinks! That show gets me choked up. I think I might check with the ketostix tomorrow morning since you said it's best to do it then. Ahh the all too familiar weight loss paranoia...fun times lol I'm the same with food at work, after we've served up any food, if there's any left over I'm eyeing it up instantly. My colleagues must think I'm such a fat pig :( I remember one time I went into work, the cook said hello so I said hi, I was annoyed at having to be in work since it was meant to be my day off and they asked what was wrong so I told them, and they said "Oh well never mind, there's some left overs from lunch" I thought WTF lol because obviously I'm such a big fat repulsive cow that the only thing that could possibly lift my mood is by giving me something to eat!

The thai chicken soup is looooovely :) Wasn't what I was expecting but it's very nice. Going to have the vanilla shake in a sec and the chocolate orange bar, which I'm hoping I like. I'm just waiting to have a mouthful of a new flavour of a pack and gag and not even be able to swallow it lol x

Hi Sam :D
I just wanted to pop in and say hello. You are doing smashing so far :D
Long may it continue :D
Marge
:D

Samprand said:
I feel exactly the same about being mahoosive lol it's like, how is it possible to not burn millions of calories every day doing such busy jobs! Oh nooooo I missed OBEM :( I always forget about it, going to set our Sky box to record methinks! That show gets me choked up. I think I might check with the ketostix tomorrow morning since you said it's best to do it then. Ahh the all too familiar weight loss paranoia...fun times lol I'm the same with food at work, after we've served up any food, if there's any left over I'm eyeing it up instantly. My colleagues must think I'm such a fat pig :( I remember one time I went into work, the cook said hello so I said hi, I was annoyed at having to be in work since it was meant to be my day off and they asked what was wrong so I told them, and they said "Oh well never mind, there's some left overs from lunch" I thought WTF lol because obviously I'm such a big fat repulsive cow that the only thing that could possibly lift my mood is by giving me something to eat!

The thai chicken soup is looooovely :) Wasn't what I was expecting but it's very nice. Going to have the vanilla shake in a sec and the chocolate orange bar, which I'm hoping I like. I'm just waiting to have a mouthful of a new flavour of a pack and gag and not even be able to swallow it lol x

I caved and weighed this morning!! 5lb down so far!! Beginning day 3 feeling loads better and motivated, how are you feeling? x

Hi Sam :D
I just wanted to pop in and say hello. You are doing smashing so far :D
Long may it continue :D
Marge

Thankyou! How are you finding exante? Well done on your loss so far :) x

Thursday 12th Jan - Day 3

I caved and weighed this morning!! 5lb down so far!! Beginning day 3 feeling loads better and motivated, how are you feeling? x

I'm feeling ok, so far day 3 hasn't been too bad for me. I've had a slight headache since I woke up but I put that down to being tired, but I've still got it so I think it's down to the day 3 demons making an appearance. 5lbs is awesome :D go you! I weighed myself last night before I ate (I tried not to, but curiosity won lol) and they said I was 16st 5, which means I'm 7lbs down, but I don't know if I really believe that as that seems quite a lot, not that I'm complaining :D Like you said, it's motivation, and even though we probably shouldn't weigh all the time, our numbers are going in the right direction which will help us to keep going x

Thankyou! How are you finding exante? Well done on your loss so far :) x

Thanks Sam :)

I must admit, I started on Exante last year at the end of March... and I was very pleasantly shocked at how easy I found it. Dont get me wrong, I did have my struggles, but my head was obviously in the right place to stick to it ;)
Up to August last year, I had lost 4st 7.5lbs :D
I more or less maintained this until mid/end November, then the weight started to creeep on again, but I know its my own fault. I think the time of year was MY excuse to be daft, and eat every carb know to man. I also drank more alcohol than I'm used to, and ate loadsa rubbish whilst doing so:(. This resulted in me putting back on 1st 7lbs :(
Never mind... thats in the past ;) and I am back on Exante / low carb meals again.
I will get rid of the 1st 7lbs I gained, and another 1st 7lbs to go with it, to get where I want to be :D.
I dont really have a time scale as such, but I do want to be back to 14st by the middle of Feb :)
I love Exante for the quick losses :)
It is very incredible at how quick it does come off :)

I became a bit of an exercise nut the last time. I was still exercising during my weight gain, but it didn't have any real structure.
I will be more disciplined again now :)
I find exercise a bit of a win/win situation. It tones my body and keeps my mind focused ;)

Good luck Sam, sorry for the waffle :eek:
I will keep watching to see how ya go :p
Marge

Thanks Sam :)

I must admit, I started on Exante last year at the end of March... and I was very pleasantly shocked at how easy I found it. Dont get me wrong, I did have my struggles, but my head was obviously in the right place to stick to it ;)
Up to August last year, I had lost 4st 7.5lbs :D
I more or less maintained this until mid/end November, then the weight started to creeep on again, but I know its my own fault. I think the time of year was MY excuse to be daft, and eat every carb know to man. I also drank more alcohol than I'm used to, and ate loadsa rubbish whilst doing so:(. This resulted in me putting back on 1st 7lbs :(
Never mind... thats in the past ;) and I am back on Exante / low carb meals again.
I will get rid of the 1st 7lbs I gained, and another 1st 7lbs to go with it, to get where I want to be :D.
I dont really have a time scale as such, but I do want to be back to 14st by the middle of Feb :)
I love Exante for the quick losses :)
It is very incredible at how quick it does come off :)

I became a bit of an exercise nut the last time. I was still exercising during my weight gain, but it didn't have any real structure.
I will be more disciplined again now :)
I find exercise a bit of a win/win situation. It tones my body and keeps my mind focused ;)

Good luck Sam, sorry for the waffle :eek:
I will keep watching to see how ya go :p
Marge

Well done for maintaining the losses you had from Exante when you did it before, that's a lot of weight to lose and must have taken a lot of willpower :) Getting back to 14st by Feb is definitely doable. With the quick losses, my scales are saying I've lost 7lbs since I started, can that even be right? 7lbs in 3 days? Seems too much lol With you being more disciplined now, I feel the same even after just a few days of doing this, I feel like I might be able to actually eat properly when I come off, so I will finally be the one in control, not food, which would be a huge accomplishment for me. After all, if I can stick to Exante, 3 packs a day, 100% for however long, I should - in theory - be able to control myself with proper food, along with doing exercise, the whole "healthy lifestyle" thing. I know you gained after initially losing on Exante before, but at least now you will know where you could have made better choices, like the alcohol etc, it's all one big learning curve. No need to apologise for waffling, I do the same sometimes and I quite like it lol x

Well done for maintaining the losses you had from Exante when you did it before, that's a lot of weight to lose and must have taken a lot of willpower :) Getting back to 14st by Feb is definitely doable. With the quick losses, my scales are saying I've lost 7lbs since I started, can that even be right? 7lbs in 3 days? Seems too much lol With you being more disciplined now, I feel the same even after just a few days of doing this, I feel like I might be able to actually eat properly when I come off, so I will finally be the one in control, not food, which would be a huge accomplishment for me. After all, if I can stick to Exante, 3 packs a day, 100% for however long, I should - in theory - be able to control myself with proper food, along with doing exercise, the whole "healthy lifestyle" thing. I know you gained after initially losing on Exante before, but at least now you will know where you could have made better choices, like the alcohol etc, it's all one big learning curve. No need to apologise for waffling, I do the same sometimes and I quite like it lol x

It is very feasible to have lost 7lbs in such a short space of time on this diet Sam :)
Alot of that will be water weight, but by next week, it will be actual fat that is going ;)

Exante certainly does retrain your stomach into when its full. I was amazed at how quick this occured the last time. And I am looking forward to it again now.
I am also looking forward to getting rid of the sluggish feelings that I find eating lots of carbs give me :)

I think for those of us who are not naturally skinny, we will always have to work at keeping our weight down.
I remember putting something similar early on in my diary, but my memory escapes me, as to what I actually said... but I do remember reading and writing about it :)
The key is, knowing what triggers your overeating/drinking, and breaking bad habits eh ?
When your head is in the right place Sam, go with it !

I forgot to say :eek::rolleyes:
I know I have put on weight over xmas ect, but I will never be as heavy as I was when I started Exante.
The best thing I did, was give away all my big clothes. I am sooooo determined not to buy anything above a 16 again.
Unfortunatly, I kept a few pairs of 18's jeans. I just never got round to passing them on, and thats what I am wearing at the moment. But once I lose a stone, I will be comfy in the 16's again, and thats the heaviest I will ever allow myself to be :) and the 18's will be out of the house as well :D
I am very very certain of this :)

Couldnt resist the scales again and another pound gone, so 8lbs loss in 3 days. I really should avoid weighing until a week of 100% has passed, I get too obsessed with numbers. So I'll try my very hardest to not weigh again until Tuesday...

I'm finding the packs do fill me up quite a lot, definitely more than a single bowl of soup or glass of shake would have ever filled me up before. I think when you hit ketosis, once the sluggish bit has passed, people have a lot of energy? Or so I have read :D Did you feel that way? Yes I agree, keeping an eye on our weight is going to be a life long thing. That sounds so depressing lol Worth it though, if it means we can avoid all kinds of obesity-related issues. Did you manage to figure out why you overate in the first place? Getting rid of big clothes is a great idea, leaves no wriggle room. I really like your determination :) x

Samprand said:
Couldnt resist the scales again and another pound gone, so 8lbs loss in 3 days. I really should avoid weighing until a week of 100% has passed, I get too obsessed with numbers. So I'll try my very hardest to not weigh again until Tuesday...

I'm finding the packs do fill me up quite a lot, definitely more than a single bowl of soup or glass of shake would have ever filled me up before. I think when you hit ketosis, once the sluggish bit has passed, people have a lot of energy? Or so I have read :D Did you feel that way? Yes I agree, keeping an eye on our weight is going to be a life long thing. That sounds so depressing lol Worth it though, if it means we can avoid all kinds of obesity-related issues. Did you manage to figure out why you overate in the first place? Getting rid of big clothes is a great idea, leaves no wriggle room. I really like your determination :) x

Yes, I have much more energy when I'm not full of carbs :)
My weight gain was an unfortunate combination of circumstances, that I couldnt avoid....
The break down of my marriage gave me even more of an excuse to comfort eat.
Moving jobs to one I had to drive, instead of walking to, meant no exercise.
Giving up smoking, due to reduced income, because of job move, and marriage break up, meant increased appitite.
All of this within the space if six months, which gave me six ish stone gain :eek:

If daily weighing keeps you off the food then do it :)
I'm a Tuesday weigher inner too :D

Can I join in too please?

Hi guys, I have not been on this site since 2009, I obviously gave up, gave in and ignored the fact that I have become even mor like Shrek Fiona in a few months time. Have got the Exante one month pack and am starting on Monday. I really need to succeed at this as I feel sluggish and have never felt so fat and unhealthy in my life. I have actually no idea what my weight is at the moment but think it is about 112 kilos, so pretty massive. I do NOT intend to weigh myself until I have been on the diet SOLID for a month. I hope that I can support you and we can support each other along the way. Monday is the day for me and I am looking forward to taking this journey with new friends. I promise to all of you who read this and support each other that I will stick with this for a month - that is my first goal. I need your help to do it, and I need to see that others are doing it too and not dropping out. Have a fun weekend. I am preparing for Monday :4633:

Yes, I have much more energy when I'm not full of carbs :)
My weight gain was an unfortunate combination of circumstances, that I couldnt avoid....
The break down of my marriage gave me even more of an excuse to comfort eat.
Moving jobs to one I had to drive, instead of walking to, meant no exercise.
Giving up smoking, due to reduced income, because of job move, and marriage break up, meant increased appitite.
All of this within the space if six months, which gave me six ish stone gain :eek:

If daily weighing keeps you off the food then do it :)
I'm a Tuesday weigher inner too :D

Sounds like you had a really horrible 6 months, no wonder you turned to food hun, we all need something to get us through bad times. You never hear of anybody turning to fruit and veg though do you lol If only things were that simple

Dishing up my boyfriend's dinner - it was lasagne and potato wedges - mmm, was tempted to steal a wedge! lol Didn't though, I didn't even mop up any lasagne sauce with my finger and lick it off, normally it wouldn't have stood a chance but today I resisted. Have had a headache most of today so took paracetamols about an hour ago which has eased it. I keep thinking about food which is a first since I started, so will go to bed in a minute, noticed my belly rumbling today too despite me drinking a lot.

Yay for Tuesday weigher-inner's!! :D

I think overeating can be really addictive. My boyfriend is 6' 3" and gave up smoking a few months back, and ever since that he's been putting on weight steadily, replacing ciggy's with food, and has gone from about 10 stone (too bloody skinny) to 13st 10 (which I think is a much better weight). Before I started Exante, he used to say that to lose weight all I need to do is "eat less and move more". I wanted to explain to him how I got to be so big, so I tried to explain how it feels like an addiction, food is something you want so you have it, and then more and more, and can't stop, even though you might want to it feels like you physically can't, and he's just said that since he's turned to food since quitting smoking, he feels the same way (although obviously not to the same extent as me). Now he's a non-smoker he can taste better and enjoys his food more, the taste and texture, but it's scary really how someone who used to be noticeably underweight can change so much towards food within a few months.

Random but thought I'd share lol x

Hi guys, I have not been on this site since 2009, I obviously gave up, gave in and ignored the fact that I have become even mor like Shrek Fiona in a few months time. Have got the Exante one month pack and am starting on Monday. I really need to succeed at this as I feel sluggish and have never felt so fat and unhealthy in my life. I have actually no idea what my weight is at the moment but think it is about 112 kilos, so pretty massive. I do NOT intend to weigh myself until I have been on the diet SOLID for a month. I hope that I can support you and we can support each other along the way. Monday is the day for me and I am looking forward to taking this journey with new friends. I promise to all of you who read this and support each other that I will stick with this for a month - that is my first goal. I need your help to do it, and I need to see that others are doing it too and not dropping out. Have a fun weekend. I am preparing for Monday :4633:

lol Fiona Shrek, oh hun! :) I know how you feel about feeling unhealthy, it's a horrible feeling. Not weighing for a month is going to be sooo hard, I coudn't do it. I bet we'll all be more than happy to support you, that's what we're here for :) Exante is ok when you get into the routine of it, and I think I might be getting to that point, but right now I think today might have been the start of the phase for me where your body tries to convince you to eat, so you get headaches etc. I think everyone goes through this, and it either makes or breaks you. But I won't be dropping out, I promise :D Have you got any plans for the weekend? x

I read somewhere once that your stomach doesn't rumble through hunger, it rumbles when it is actively shrinking... not sure how true that is but it certainly helps me through lol :)

The ketostix are showing I'm well and truly in full Ketosis now, turning to the deepest colour straight away! :)

Well done for how you're getting on. The first few days are complete will power!! xx

Just catching up on your Diary, you are doing really well, keep up the good work :)

I read somewhere once that your stomach doesn't rumble through hunger, it rumbles when it is actively shrinking... not sure how true that is but it certainly helps me through lol :)

The ketostix are showing I'm well and truly in full Ketosis now, turning to the deepest colour straight away! :)

Well done for how you're getting on. The first few days are complete will power!! xx

I hope stomach shrinkage is the reason lol So the ketosis fairy have visited you then :D My ketostix are still only turning dark pink (3rd square), not sure if I'm in ketosis or not? But I read somewhere on here that you're either in ketosis or you're not, so as long as it's not the 'neutral' pale pink colour I should be in it? I think? Maybe, who knows lol

To be absolutely honest I secretly thought I'd be picking at low carb bits all the time, so I'm quite shocked that I've not had anything like that, packs only and either plain or flavoured water. I haven't even been having any tea or coffee with a little bit of milk or sweeteners, I thought I'd be having them all the time, practically living on them, but noooo lol

You're absolutely right, it's willpower more than anything else. Exante isn't a magic diet, it doesn't make you not want to eat or take the temptation away. Exante's good, but no diet's THAT good lol It's about overcoming the temptation, and the big losses make that easier to do. Like I said before, I'm starting to realise that even though I might want to eat other things, I don't need to. I've had many many maaaaany opportunities to cheat lol So think I must have discovered some willpower from somewhere :D x

Just catching up on your Diary, you are doing really well, keep up the good work :)

Thankyou :) I meant to go read your diary yesterday so had it open in another tab and totally forgot, so I'll go and do it now x

Back