Total Solution Samprand's Exante Diary - It's Time To Make Some Changes: Goodbye "Fat Me" :)

you are doing brilliantly, and thanks for posting all of this and the pictures. Regarding boyfriend, just let it go in one ear and out the other. YOU know what you are doing and dont let him tell you otherwise!
Julia

you are doing brilliantly, and thanks for posting all of this and the pictures. Regarding boyfriend, just let it go in one ear and out the other. YOU know what you are doing and dont let him tell you otherwise!
Julia

@sam keep strong! Don't let his comments affect you. Look how far you've come already. We can do this!!!

Thankyou both so much. Just feeling a bit down as I feel like I've tried so hard to resist temptation, and I don't say a word when he's eating unhealthy stuff right in front of me, but as soon as I even talk about something I'm craving, or the fact that I've had an AAM day, all I hear is that word "cheat". To be honest I was half tempted to just scream at him and go and stuff my face, and before I would have without even thinking about it, but I didn't, just went and had a cup of tea instead lol Sometimes he's so supportive and I think he genuinely understands, then something like this happens and I think "My god you must be one of the most stupid men alive" lol

Men can't help it. My OH is wonderful, but sometimes he just says things that upset & hurt. Sometimes it stabs like a knife. But we can't let those feelings push us to eat. That's what got us here. Don't give into the emotion. We have to break the cycles that keep is stuck where we are. In fact we need to do the opposite of whatever we would normally do! Keep strong!

Aww Sam, that's rubbish :(
Can you not sit him down and show him some AAM principles that shows its not cheating ?

To be honest, its not cheating whatever you eat......
It's a choice.
You choose good food, bad food healthy food, tfr food.....
It's all a choice.....
You choose.....
:)

Men can't help it. My OH is wonderful, but sometimes he just says things that upset & hurt. Sometimes it stabs like a knife. But we can't let those feelings push us to eat. That's what got us here. Don't give into the emotion. We have to break the cycles that keep is stuck where we are. In fact we need to do the opposite of whatever we would normally do! Keep strong!

It's true that emotional eating is probably what got most of us to this stage, myself included, so I'm proud of myself that giving how royally pee'd off I was I only had a cup of tea lol I think I've come a long way in 2 weeks, and if he doesn't understand that then I'm not going to waste my breath trying to explain. But I would like him to explain how someone who "cheats" so much has lost 17lbs in 2 weeks? Now that's weird huh lol x

Aww Sam, that's rubbish :(
Can you not sit him down and show him some AAM principles that shows its not cheating ?

To be honest, its not cheating whatever you eat......
It's a choice.
You choose good food, bad food healthy food, tfr food.....
It's all a choice.....
You choose.....
:)

I've tried to explain to him umpteen times, but he still comes out with things like "If you're going to eat chicken you might as well eat chocolate" Um no Andrew lol Those are 2 VERY different things! Chicken has 200 cals for quite a large piece, chocolate has 200 cals per strip!! Also chicken has pretty much 0 carbs, chocolate is full of carbs! Oh you poor man fool lol He's slim so I don't think he's ever even bothered to look at nutrition labels on food, with the exception of last night when he was looking at the labels of everything I'd eaten and was adding up the calories :( I think that's the bit that annoyed me the most. I tried to say that even though the cals are important on Exante, on AAM the carb amount is most important if you want to stay in ketosis? Not that I mean you can eat thousands of calories worth of meat lol (unfortunately! hehe)

He seems to be of the opinion at the moment that since I chose TFR, I should stick to TFR 100%, no "cheats", no AAM, just the packs. Since we're "Paying over 100 quid a month for this bloody stuff..." he can't seem to understand why I'd want/need to AAM or anything. I said I will AAM if and when I feel I need to, to stop me from falling off the wagon! And we buy this "bloody stuff" so I can lose some of the weight that would probably have ended up killing me if I hadn't taken charge when I did.

I just hope that today he's a bit more understanding. I think these last few posts have made him sound like a right gimp lol And he's not, he's just very stupid when he wants to be :D

Hey Sam you Ok? Stay strong hun you are doing so well xx

DISASTER lol Jan 25th/26th

Hey Sam you Ok? Stay strong hun you are doing so well xx

I wish I could say that I've been strong but I totally haven't at all :( I was 100% yesterday until about 10pm when my boyfriend got a takeaway, and next thing I know I'm tucking into a kebab of all things! I suppose the positive thing about it was that I literally could not eat all of it, I only managed about a third whereas before I would have eaten the whole lot and had room for more.

Decided to draw a line under it and get back on plan today, which was all going to plan until I got into work and had a few spoonfuls of mashed potato. Had a total beast of a shift, the worst I've ever had, and I think the stress must have got to me because when I got home I sought refuge in a bloody pizza. No idea why I've been so weak! There's no other word for it and I've got no excuse. I've basically just been a big fat pig.

And I've just spent a fun filled 45mins in the bathroom straining to 'go' - think I managed to bung myself up by eating all this crap today and yesterday, and my god didn't I pay for it

Lesson learnt! Time to get my head back in the game :whoopass:

Hope you're all doing ok x

Last edited:
We are only human, don't be too hard on yourself hun, like you said draw a line under it and start again, I would advise staying away from the scales until your Tues weigh in, because if you have stalled or gained it will demoralise you even more. You need to think positive now, good luck today, we are all behind you xx

I do hope you manage to get back on track today hunny. Good luck x

We are only human, don't be too hard on yourself hun, like you said draw a line under it and start again, I would advise staying away from the scales until your Tues weigh in, because if you have stalled or gained it will demoralise you even more. You need to think positive now, good luck today, we are all behind you xx

Thanks guys. I just feel so stupid! There was no need for it, just old fat-me habits that I need to lock away. The horrible overly-full feeling made me so uncomfortable, you think I would have learned from years of stuffing my face that it's not a nice feeling to be so full, yet I did it anyway.

But that's in the past now and today is a new day - and WILL be 100% if it kills me! I know I'm probably not in ketosis any more, and am willing to pay the headachey-price to get back into it lol Also going to step up my exercise to try to lessen the damage by weigh-in day. We got a new exercise game for the wii so I'll be giving that a good go, along with the wii fit.

Ironically, I had a dream last night that I was slim (couldn't have been more than 10 stone) and was wearing a vest top walking around town. What a cruel psychological trick lol

I've got uni in 2 hours and after that I'm planning to go to the library to get some work done. My theory is that if I keep busy today it should be easier for me. I can't afford to stay off track like this, it's ridiculous.

So time to just get on with it I think.

Bajoleth, no I won't be weighing myself, it's a bad enough habit let alone after having a ginormous binge lol When it comes to weigh in day though, I think even a STS would be fair. But I'll keep my fingers crossed that a few teeny tiny pounds might have also disappeared :) x

Re-start : Saturday 28th Jan

Failed in my attempts to be 100% yesterday! Argh omg so annoyed at myself! It's just food, why does it have such a hold over me :(

Today will be the day I get back on track. I'm going to start reading 'Fat is a Feminist Issue' which is an old-ish book but talks about the reasons why women in particular emotionally eat and comfort eat. I think it might help me get over this hurdle and stay on track.

Off to town in a bit, then will be doing bits around the flat to keep myself occupied. The weather's a bit chilly but the sun's out so I might walk part of the way back home from town. The kitchen is a bomb site, it was never this messy when I was on track - Coincidence? Cooking makes more dishes and eating all the time and feeling groggy and sluggish means I can't be bothered to do the dishes lol Or in fact any housework. And of course, Andy couldn't possibly do any housework without an instruction manual, constant supervision and the use of a whip. Gives me something to do though :)

Had a look on the scales this morning to do some damage control, and was 15st 13 :cry: A gain of 4lbs, totally deserved though. Going to try to lose those 4lbs which will give me a sts on weigh in day, but I can't ask for more really! x

I find exercising really helps.. :S once you've done the gym or been for a run you really don't feel like eating and it gets you out of the house for and hour or two :)

Well done so far :) xx

Well yesterday was going ok until the evening when I had yet another bloody blip! Good god I need to get a grip on this.

Today is my re-RE-start, so I will class today as my second day 1 lol Had a third of my choc orange bar, a cup of tea with sweetener and some strawberry flavoured water so far.

I neeeeeed to get this 1st day back on track, 100%, out of the way because it's becoming such a hurdle, and I need to get over it before it becomes too big x

Samprand come on you can do this! It's such a mental battle. We just have to keep on fighting it. Don't worry bout the past. It's done, just look forward. We're here to support you. So come on, back on track today!!

Samprand come on you can do this! It's such a mental battle. We just have to keep on fighting it. Don't worry bout the past. It's done, just look forward. We're here to support you. So come on, back on track today!!

Thanks hun. I'm doing well so far, had my soup and a cup of tea :) Got my shake and the rest of the bar to look forward to later on. Just the evening to get through, but going to break the time up by having a nice long bath and tidying up the kitchen. Did an hour of step aerobics on the wii earlier so overall today is going well. How are you doing? x

Samprand said:
Thanks hun. I'm doing well so far, had my soup and a cup of tea :) Got my shake and the rest of the bar to look forward to later on. Just the evening to get through, but going to break the time up by having a nice long bath and tidying up the kitchen. Did an hour of step aerobics on the wii earlier so overall today is going well. How are you doing? x

Yeah I'm doing well thanks. Another 100% TS. DAY 13 done! Feeling good. Felt a few moments today of wanting to eat, but just drank more & tried to ignore. Was able to resist!!

Let's keep trucking. Thanks for your support. T

Re-RE- re-start lol Monday 30th Jan - Day 1

Yeah I'm doing well thanks. Another 100% TS. DAY 13 done! Feeling good. Felt a few moments today of wanting to eat, but just drank more & tried to ignore. Was able to resist!!

Let's keep trucking. Thanks for your support. T

Glad you're doing ok :)

Well...brand new week, completely brand new start for me. This last week has been a write-off. I think there's going to be no way I'm going to get a sts this week. So I'll just start again, and get plugging away.

Going to be in uni today from 11 until 4 ish so that should keep me out of trouble, then I'll be studying when I get home.

So even though yesterday was ok, since today is a new week and all that, today will be my new day 1...again lol x

You can do it!.. :) c'monnnnn sammy!.. Have u tried drinkin flavoured teas?.. I can't live without tea but drinkin flavoured ones soo makes u feel better anddd it makes a change from water :)

Good luck, you can do ittt!! :) xx

I've tried peppermint tea, but urgh I just couldn't bring myself to drink it. Haven't tried any others, will look into it though but need to be careful because of sugar content etc, and don't want to get knocked out of ketosis (when I eventually get back into it lol).

Have been feeling poorly since last night, and it's freezing cold, and some uni lectures have been cancelled, so right now I just want to eeeeeat!! But I won't :D

I've kept thinking 'I'll get back on track tomorrow" for almost a week now which is a week too long!

So I'm going to ignore the cold, ignore the unsupervised hours where I could munch if I want to - but I wont - and ignore the virus or whatever it is that's starting.

Instead I'm going to have a cup of tea and NOT GIVE IN!! :coffee:

Back