Total Solution Samprand's Exante Diary - It's Time To Make Some Changes: Goodbye "Fat Me" :)

That's a great loss Sam !
Well done :D
If adding a small bit of protein, or doing WS keeps you on track, then its worth it.
Any loss is better than none in the long run :)

That's a great loss Sam !
Well done :D
If adding a small bit of protein, or doing WS keeps you on track, then its worth it.
Any loss is better than none in the long run :)

Thankyou hun :) Those are my thoughts exactly, even doing WS full-time still gives some really good losses (normally 10lb a month I think, whereas TS is around 14lb-ish?) So either way, really impressive losses, and I should be fine as I'll only be doing WS 4 days out of the month, the rest will be 100% TS. And I intend to up my exercise as soon as I get these few simply EVIL uni essays written and out the way! x

Aye, upping your exercise will help too Sam :)
I add in more WS days when I exercise :)

I suppose if you exercised a lot without having a little more to actually eat you could end up feeling faint x

Adding a bit of protein would be fine hun, if this keeps you on track then go for it xx

Samprand said:
I suppose if you exercised a lot without having a little more to actually eat you could end up feeling faint x

Yes, which is what you dont want eh ?
But a WS day more often does help :), and keeps your energy levels up, so you can exercise in the first place ;)
I expect once you have finished your uni work you will be rating to go on the exercise front ;)

Samprand said:
In other news...lol does anyone else experience strange feelings your ears? Kind of like they're 'full' or need to be popped or something?

OMG I was only chatting to nursetubs about this the other day! Surely it can't be connected to exante?! Bit too much of a coincidence though. I wonder if there are others. I'm sure I read someone's diary who had ear and sinus infection, plus labyrinthitis (however you spell it lol)
Hazel x

Yes, which is what you dont want eh ?
But a WS day more often does help :), and keeps your energy levels up, so you can exercise in the first place ;)
I expect once you have finished your uni work you will be rating to go on the exercise front ;)

Yeah, my exercise bike might actually get used instead of just gathering dust lol x

OMG I was only chatting to nursetubs about this the other day! Surely it can't be connected to exante?! Bit too much of a coincidence though. I wonder if there are others. I'm sure I read someone's diary who had ear and sinus infection, plus labyrinthitis (however you spell it lol)
Hazel x

Bit weird that a few of us Exante-er's are getting the same feeling, it's definitely not something I ever remember feeling before. Feels very strange x

Hi all, what great news about the weight, Sam. I am on the diet now and have managed 2 days, I have told all my colleagues and they are so supportive. I did weigh myself yesterday and nearly fell off the scales, 236lbs, more than I have ever weighed before. Today has been a good day, day one was a nightmare, my stomach rumbled so much, whereas today I have only had a few hunger pangs. I am going on holiday with friends in February and would like to get half a stone off by then. I will be weighing myself on Tuesday 24th January, NOT before and have decided that I am going to totally stick to this - although I do allow myself 2 cups of coffee with a splash of skimmed milk.
I wish all of us a successful journey and really appreciate that this forum is here to chat and just read. PLEASE, please please everyone on here stay with it - we can do it!
Julia

Hi all, what great news about the weight, Sam. I am on the diet now and have managed 2 days, I have told all my colleagues and they are so supportive. I did weigh myself yesterday and nearly fell off the scales, 236lbs, more than I have ever weighed before. Today has been a good day, day one was a nightmare, my stomach rumbled so much, whereas today I have only had a few hunger pangs. I am going on holiday with friends in February and would like to get half a stone off by then. I will be weighing myself on Tuesday 24th January, NOT before and have decided that I am going to totally stick to this - although I do allow myself 2 cups of coffee with a splash of skimmed milk.
I wish all of us a successful journey and really appreciate that this forum is here to chat and just read. PLEASE, please please everyone on here stay with it - we can do it!
Julia

Well done on getting started, taking that first step is usually the hardest one! By day 4 you should be over the worst and the hunger pangs should be stopping. Losing half a stone by the time you go on holiday in February is definitely possible :) Let us know how it all goes xx

Samprand said:
To be honest I've found it easier than I thought I would, I thought I would have loads of headaches and mood swings and generally just feel ill, but I haven't - so far anyway - with the exception of a few mild headaches. But it's impossible to say whether I'd have got those headaches if I weren't on Exante anyway, I might have, I might not, who knows.

I followed a few people on these forums before I decided to start :D I wanted to see what it was actually like day to day and how they coped with work, hunger pangs, day to day life...

I was nervous before I started too, and excited. I think I was nervous that I'd cheat or give up completely, but I'm so happy that I've managed to be 100%. I've had my temptations, but have tried to busy myself so I'm distracted. There's a list of stuff I do to keep busy on the first page of this diary, feel free to have a nosey and pinch some ideas. I also wrote down some quotes to get me through:

"Craving is just a feeling and you don't have to give in to it. It's a choice - eat and feel bad, don't eat and feel good" I think nursetubs friend came up with that one lol

"What do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?" Exante isn't a miracle diet, there's still temptation, but I kind of see that as my 'price to pay' to have good losses

Best of luck for Tuesday, are you doing TS? x

Thanks for your encouraging words! Yep I'm doing TS. Started today. My order arrived at noon thank goodness as I was getting hungry!

I'm determined to succeed! We can support each other. Thanks for your tips. x T

Thanks for your encouraging words! Yep I'm doing TS. Started today. My order arrived at noon thank goodness as I was getting hungry!

I'm determined to succeed! We can support each other. Thanks for your tips. x T

Well done on getting started, how are you finding the shakes etc? x

Actually I'm really enjoying them. I had a vanilla shake, a tomato & basil soup and an orange & choc bar. My least favourite is the bar. But I've never been a big fan of orange & choc. Don't like Terry's and don't like jaffa cakes. But I am overall pleasantly pleased. First day almost done 100% and feeling pretty good!

Actually I'm really enjoying them. I had a vanilla shake, a tomato & basil soup and an orange & choc bar. My least favourite is the bar. But I've never been a big fan of orange & choc. Don't like Terry's and don't like jaffa cakes. But I am overall pleasantly pleased. First day almost done 100% and feeling pretty good!

Great start :D I wasn't too keen on the chocolate orange bars either but I think they're starting to grow on me x

At the end of day 8 now, and have had a WS day. I put a chicken breast into my thai chicken soup, but it wasn't as nice as I thought it would be which was a bit of a let down, but never mind, I'm sure I'll experiment again :) Also had some tuna and a boiled egg throughout the day which left me suitably stuffed. Amazing to think that I was full whereas a week ago I could have crammed in probably 5 times as much and still had room for cake lol x

Huge congrats on your 12 lb loss :D You have done brilliantly, good luck for week 2 :)

Huge congrats on your 12 lb loss :D You have done brilliantly, good luck for week 2 :)

Thankyou :) You're doing really well too! x

Back