Total Solution Samprand's Exante Diary - It's Time To Make Some Changes: Goodbye "Fat Me" :)

12lbs WELL DONE bet that feels fabulous :)) x

It's a lot more than I ever expected to lose :) I think my jeans are feeling a bit looser too, but the real test will be my work uniform - I work weekends so will feel any real differences when I'm wearing it since there's a week between each time I have it on :D x

Samprand said:
Thankyou DustQueen :D

Well today's the day...weigh in day...drum roll please...weighed in at 16st EXACTLY making my loss on week 1:

12 lbs

:faint2:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Thankyou all so much for your support so far and for helping me get through my first week. I'm so excited to be able to move my tickers lol and to have officially less than 100lbs to go until target :woohoo:

Oh what fantastic news :D really really well done :) xxxx

Well done dust queen on that fabulous loss, Sam when is your next weigh in? I have completed day three and am feeling absolutely fine, just a bit thirsty - need to up my water I guess. Keep it up, you are all my inspiration

Hopoe you have had a good day today;)

Well done dust queen on that fabulous loss, Sam when is your next weigh in? I have completed day three and am feeling absolutely fine, just a bit thirsty - need to up my water I guess. Keep it up, you are all my inspiration

I weigh in properly on Tuesdays, and try not to weigh inbetween, but whenever I go on the wii it weighs me anyway, so I can't avoid it lol Hope you're doing well, how are you finding it? x

Thursday 19th Jan - Day 10

Hopoe you have had a good day today;)

Today has been ok, 100% today and yesterday after my WS day on Tuesday. Been crazy busy getting essays done so haven't even really had time to be tempted with anything naughty, but I do still get cravings, mostly for bread and pasta now. How are you doing? :) x

Today has been ok, 100% today and yesterday after my WS day on Tuesday. Been crazy busy getting essays done so haven't even really had time to be tempted with anything naughty, but I do still get cravings, mostly for bread and pasta now. How are you doing? :) x
Good thanks apart from the memory loss lol:)

Friday 20th Jan - Day 11

Weighed myself this morning and was 15st 12 :) A VERY happy bunny to have finally cracked into the 15's

Feeling a lot more hungry lately, I think because my body is probably starting to burn the actual fat now so it's telling me to eat more strongly than it was before.

Plus I'm not feeling 100% today so have already had 2 boiled eggs, if needs be I'll have a WS/AAM day to get me through. Urgh I hate January bugs :(

Had a bit of a tiff with my other half last night over hula hoops of all things lol I was feeling crappy because of the bug or whatever I have, plus I've got a really sore back, feeling lightheaded and ongoing funny feeling in my ears, and to be honest I was being quite miserable and fed up and I wasn't great company so decided to take myself off to bed. Boyfriend came in about 15mins later and got into bed with 2 BAGS OF BEEF FLAVOUR HULA HOOPS omggggg well that was it lol Ended up picking up the packet he was eating and getting a good noseful of flavour, they smelt so good, I'll never know how I managed to not scoff the lot. Then said to him 'You really shouldn't eat this stuff around me, I came to bed to get away from food and to distract myself from feeling hungry, and you bring one of the things I'm craving to within 2 feet of me. I put up with you eating crisps and chocolate and takeaways while I'm being 100%, you don't have to do it right in front of me'. So he decided to have a strop and say 'Oh well I wont eat them then' and got a major sulk on, honestly I could have killed him for being so childish, was tempted to ram them down his throat!

Probably didn't help my mood that earlier on that day (while I was out at uni) his brother had came over and spotted a milkshake pack I had left out on the kitchen side, which lead to the two of them talking about my diet, with my boyfriend moaning about how I'd "cheated" already (by having a WS/AAM day on Tuesday) but that on the plus side I'd already lost 12 lbs. Then they were talking about how weird it will be when I'm skinny, which got them talking about whether or not I'll be left with saggy skin.

Now I don't mind them talking about the diet, but...I can't help but feel stupid that they both think I'm so weak-willed that I CHEATED already, which I didn't, if I had done I wouldn't care if they talked about it, but I think it takes the mick that the 2 of them (both around 6'3 and neither of them more than 13 stone, so healthy weight) seemed to be patronising me just because I had an AAM day, which I explained was to avoid the AAM WEEK. I'm probably being over-sensitive because I'm feeling a bit fed up because of the bug etc but I feel like they were both here laughing at the fat girl who can't last more than a few days on a diet, and who's going to be left with saggy skin because shes been such a pig fat pig for so long

Argh bit of a rant but it's what's in my head right now :(

How depressing. See this is where chocolate would help ha! :D

NOooooo chocolate would NOT help!! I totally get why you're feeling the way you are, it can be frustrating & to know those you care about are talking about you can be hurtful. Especially when we're hungry & not feeling well.

Good for you on staying strong. Don't give into the cravings!! You will succeed!!

First of all hon congrats on cracking the 15's, only did that myself a few weeks ago and now in the mid 13's so you're doing great and deserve some credit for that!!

Second, totally with you on the insensitive other halves track!! My fella keeps eating cakes, chocolates, biscuits, pasta, crisps etc around me and keeps offering the stuff to me!!!! MEN!!!!

Third, on the subject of saggy skin, it's not guaranteed that you'll end up with saggy skin, and from whet I've researched saggy skin is actually skin that still has loose fats behind it and it is more closely linked to fat percentage left in your body and the saggy skin effect starts to disappear (if indeed you do get it in the forst place) when you get down to around 13-14% and should have disappeared by the time you get to 10%. Not telling you to suggest you go down that far, but so that you're aware of the fact that there is something you can do about it after you've lost weight if you do get any. Oh and it seems to be that resistance work and a protein based diet that works best for this after the weightloss xx.

Fourth - cheat? No hon, you've been sensible. Cheat is what I did a couple nights ago when I had pizza and chocolate lol. Let them try a few days on 600 calories a day and see how they feel on it.... count up the calories in just one average meal that your other half has and then ask if he could survive on that and only that for months on end without the occasional blip? xx

Fifth, hope you feel better soon xx

It's not about the journey babe, we all make wrong turns and change direction once in a while, but ultimately the destination we choose is where we get to in the end and that's what counts xx

Chin up babe, you're doing wonderfully xx

Thankyou both for being so lovely :eek: Just had a bit of an energy burst and as a result the kitchen is now spotless lol

NOooooo chocolate would NOT help!! I totally get why you're feeling the way you are, it can be frustrating & to know those you care about are talking about you can be hurtful. Especially when we're hungry & not feeling well.

Good for you on staying strong. Don't give into the cravings!! You will succeed!!

I probably over-reacted but it's honestly how I feel. I think I was more embarrassed that they'd been talking about me, and hurt like you said. I mean I know they know I'm fat but it's still a bit upsetting to know they've been talking about it lol

First of all hon congrats on cracking the 15's, only did that myself a few weeks ago and now in the mid 13's so you're doing great and deserve some credit for that!!

Second, totally with you on the insensitive other halves track!! My fella keeps eating cakes, chocolates, biscuits, pasta, crisps etc around me and keeps offering the stuff to me!!!! MEN!!!!

Third, on the subject of saggy skin, it's not guaranteed that you'll end up with saggy skin, and from whet I've researched saggy skin is actually skin that still has loose fats behind it and it is more closely linked to fat percentage left in your body and the saggy skin effect starts to disappear (if indeed you do get it in the forst place) when you get down to around 13-14% and should have disappeared by the time you get to 10%. Not telling you to suggest you go down that far, but so that you're aware of the fact that there is something you can do about it after you've lost weight if you do get any. Oh and it seems to be that resistance work and a protein based diet that works best for this after the weightloss xx.

Fourth - cheat? No hon, you've been sensible. Cheat is what I did a couple nights ago when I had pizza and chocolate lol. Let them try a few days on 600 calories a day and see how they feel on it.... count up the calories in just one average meal that your other half has and then ask if he could survive on that and only that for months on end without the occasional blip? xx

Fifth, hope you feel better soon xx

It's not about the journey babe, we all make wrong turns and change direction once in a while, but ultimately the destination we choose is where we get to in the end and that's what counts xx

Chin up babe, you're doing wonderfully xx

I think men are just plain stupid lol Just when you think they finally get it and are on the same wavelength, they go and prove you totally wrong! The worst thing about my boyfriend is that he eats crap and then moans about being fat, which I could understand except he isn't fat which makes it even more annoying. I didn't even think about saggy skin being related to body fat, that sounds really stupid but it never occured to me lol Makes sense though. I'll bare that in mind in case I do have any :)

You're right I should make them live on 600cals and eat loads of junk food in front of them, see how long it takes them to "cheat". I know my other half has probably at least 1800 cals a day, maybe even more lately. But he thinks that because he's not obese or anything all I have to really do ultimately is just "not eat" anything other than the packs. I think he's realising how addictive food can be, as I've noticed his eating habits change lately, he's snacking and picking more. But just because he's realising that doesn't make him any more aware of how bloody hard a vlcd can actually be.

I'm feeling a bit better now, but I've got work tomorrow morning so have to be up by 5.45a.m, that's enough to make anyone feel ill lol

And to top it all off he's treating himself to yet another takeaway now godddddddd!! He should watch out, some chicken from his chicken burgers might go missing and be found in my mouth :D x

Just realised that since I was 15st 12 this morning that means I've lost a stone in 11 days :banana dancer:

Ooh, I think if my other half went so far to order a chinese he'd be eating it in the garden in the rain!!!! lol xx

A stone in 11 days is great!!! :)

Firstly hes a Man , stupidity is only to be expected (male members of minis excluded from that statement of course:))
Secondly an incident like that would spur me on into thinking' I'll show the pair of you' and make me even more determined.
You are doing brilliantly, like to see them survive on a vlcd for more than half a day:rolleyes:
Keep up the good work hun :)

Saturday 21st Jan - Day 12

Thanks for the support guys, this site is really great for some kind words :) Keeping the 'I'll show the pair of them!' idea bajoleth, I've just measured myself and have lost quite a few inches even if I do say so myself!

16st 12 stats (inches)

Neck - 15 1/2
Right upper arm (largest part) - 17 1/2
Bust (fullest part) - 50
Under bust - 41 1/2
Waist - 41 1/2
Upper hip - 49
Lower hip - 50
Right thigh (largest part) - 28 1/2

15st 12 stats

Neck - 15 1/4 (-1/4 inch)
Right upper arm (largest part) - 16 1/2 (-1 inch)
Bust (fullest part) - 50 (STS)
Under bust - 40 (-1.5 inches)
Waist - 39 1/2 (-2 inches)
Upper hip - 49 (STS)
Lower hip - 48 (-2 inches)
Right thigh (largest part) - 28.5 (STS)

So overall, if I've done my maths right and measured in the same spots as the starting stats, I've lost 6 3/4 inches :party0049:

Weird to think that one of my thunder thighs is a big as some people's waists lol One day my waist will be that small too :D

Will upload some pics later on too so I can compare in future x

Last edited:
Back