Sam's 12 week diary

samina

Hi everyone.

I've decided to start a diary to reflect my journey on CD over the next 12 weeks (hopefully).

I officially started CD on 12th January 2010, and that's when i first posted on this site. However, I unfortunately had to come off the diet after the first few days. Fortunately I still managed to lose about a stone since then (in the last 7 weeks) even though I didnt continue the diet.

Anyway, back to what's happening now! I've re-started yesterday (28/2/10).Didnt go to a cdc as I still have enough packs (I got 2 weeks worth of supply last time).

A bit about me......

I have 2 childen (son - 8yrs 6 months, and daughter - 18 months old). They have both gone abroad with their father (to spend time with his family)!!! They went on 12/1/10 and are due to come back on 25/7/10.

I have managed to book 8 weeks off work and have booked a ticked for 28th May 2010, so we'll come back together!! Can't wait!! (miss them so much).

Anyway, back to the weight loss subject. I have got about 12 weeks to go before I fly over, and would like to lose some weight! I don't really have a lot of willpower when it comes to food. Although, I did at one time. I was always a big girl, but in 2002 learned about calorie controlling/healthy eating and went on a diet - not CD, just carlorie control (and daily exercise) and went from 14 stone to 8 stone. I maintained my goal weight up until 2006, but piled on pounds over the last few years. Since then my weight has yo-yo'd - lack of willpower!!!

I have now decided to be brave and try the CD, but I really want to be strict with myself. It's only 12 weeks (only!!!) - is what I keep telling myself!! Because the kids are not here I can concentrate on myself and I really want to do it this time.

I will try and update my diary as often as possible, but due to work commitments, it might not be every day. I want to try and use this forum to help me along my journey. So here goes -

Day 1 - Had 3 shakes and 2 litres water. Felt tired, headaches, felt very shaky and hungry!! Also, found it difficult to sleep - dreaming about food!!

Day 2 (today) - Had a training course in Leeds so long day. Had a banana tetra, and took about 4 paracetamol during the day - really bad headaches. Extremely tired. Felt lightheaded when I was on the train, on my way back home. Made a chocolate shake when I got home and felt a bit (just a bit) better afterwards.
Oh, i forgot to mention that there was a scrumptious buffet provided at the course, but I managed to avoid (actually i did have 3 slices of cucumber and a bit of lettuce). Still have a headache. Hope it doesn't last long. I remember cdc saying that it goes away after first few days! Will have another shake before I go to bed and I'll try and drink some water, but feel physically tired after so many visits to the bathroom!

Well that's it for now, but I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow, just to have a moan!!

Thankyou for your support.

Sam

Last edited:
hiya and welcome

what you're going through is perfectly normal. i've also been having CD dreams too. strange feeling when you are on this diet in your dreams and then cheat and get really cross with yourself for cheating. i've also woken up with that feeling and think what have i done. it'll go away i'm sure.

i've also got 2 kids. a 3 year old and a 10 month old. i would seriously miss them if they weren't here. i don't know how you are coping without them.

hiya and welcome

what you're going through is perfectly normal. i've also been having CD dreams too. strange feeling when you are on this diet in your dreams and then cheat and get really cross with yourself for cheating. i've also woken up with that feeling and think what have i done. it'll go away i'm sure.

i've also got 2 kids. a 3 year old and a 10 month old. i would seriously miss them if they weren't here. i don't know how you are coping without them.

Yes, in my dreams I've cheated and then woke up during the night thinking why did i eat, but soon realising it was only a dream. I'm not too bothered about the dreams, as long i'm just eating/cheating in my dream and not in reality!! lol....

P.S. I really do miss the kids. Feel lost without them

Last edited:
sam hi!!! you dont have much to lose so you can do it. good luck and WOW for getting down to 8 stone a few years ago. Do you live in bradford?

I am on week 9 and have lost 21lbs so far in 8 weeks (I know its slow!) but the first week was hell and after that it has been really easy. if i have a hungry day now i just ss+ where i have a small chicken salad. that prevents me from eating other crap. I usually bung some chicken with cajun seasoning inthe oven and then throw on a bit of lettuve and cucumber. get through wk 1 and you will be fine. you dont have much to lose you will be gorgeous by the time you fly out.

how did you get 8 weeks off work you jammy get!!! keep posting and i will look out for your updates. a few tips i have are that if hungry have a glass of water - you'll be amazed at how not hungry you feel. also, evenings are the worse so i sky plus my soaps and come on here for a few hours then after 8pm i watch my soaps. this way iget through the evenings...

Hi leeds123. Thanks for the tips. Haven't got sky+, but am gonna get it soon. Evenings are difficult, but I also find that when I wake up in the middle of the night to go to bathroom, i feel hungry, well not really hungry, but craving for sugar!!

21lbs in 8 weeks is really good. That's more that 2.5 lbs per week. You should be really proud of yourself. I'm hoping i'll lose about 2.5lbs per week, i'd be overjoyed with that.

P.S. i had a tin of tuna today, because I felt peckish. So i think that means i'm on SS+?

Last edited:
3rd day

Day 3......woke up with a really bad headache...again!!! didnt get a good night sleep. Hoping i'll feel better soon. I feel as though i'm battling with my body and mind!! But i refuse to give up!!!

Have been good today....but hoping i'll still have the will power to get through the evening.....

Hi Samina, day 3 should be the day you hit ketosis which is when it starts getting easier. Once you hit ketosis you should start feeling more alert and have more energy. Congrats on being brave and starting CD, I thought about it for weeks and weeks until I plucked up the courage to go for it. Get through week 1 and then it'll all start to slot into place. x

Day 3 (evening)

Had a nap in the evening (1 hour - coz didnt sleep properly last night) and I've just had my last shake of the day, but for some reason i feel really hungry, more than i did before i drank the shake!!!! So i had half a tin of tuna (plain). I'd rather be on SS+, (advice taken from "blush" - thankyou!!)than have a major blip!! I think tuna is allowed on SS+ (not sure, as I'm new on the diet)!!

I'll drink some more water and hopefully hunger pangs will go away!

Last edited:
hi cornishkez. Thankyou for your advice

I've had half a tin of tuna today. I hope this doesn't prevent me from going into ketosis!!!

x

Don't worry about the exercise, they recommend you don't do anything strenuous for the first couple of weeks, until your body gets chance to adjust to the changes. If your unsure of whether your in ketosis or not, you could buy some ketostix? I bought 50 from Boots for £5.

Also, I know it's soo hard, but try your best not to eat. The more you eat, the more you will crave it (I talk from experience after cheating 3 or 4 times in week 1)...lol

Hi cornishkez. Thanks for the advice. I'll pop into boots tomorrow and i think you're right about eating, coz i didnt feel any better after having the tuna!

I'm working tomorrow and am dreading it. Clients always give us chocolates and biscuits etc to say thankyou. So hardly a day goes by when there's no chocs/biccies at work. Also, always feel like i need more sugar when i'm at work, as there's so much casework to do, and i feel it helps me concentrate when writing up notes/files.

Anyway i'm determined to continue on SS!!! and will stick to shakes (dont like soup or porridge) and no more tuna!!

Last edited:
Honestly, once the ketosis kicks in things will get easier. I work in an office running the accounts for an ice cream company, so we also have lots of freebie chocolate and ice cream! On SS+ you can 200ml of skimmed milk, which is about 3 or 4 coffees worth. Why don't you pick up a pint of skimmed milk on your way to work and carry it around with you. Then you can still have coffees! On SS+ you can have 3 shakes and a small meal, think you are meant to stick so a tiny amount of grilled chicken and 2 or 3 tablespoons of green veg, but at least if you really need a meal you can have something. I've just bought some of the mix a mousse stuff and make it up with a vanilla shake. It's really nice...honestly! Am so pleased I've found something I am allowed that actually has some substance, instead of having to drink everything.

samina! keep going, believe me week 1 is hell. its emotional and difficult and draining and exhausting and makes you question yourself constantly. BUT, if you get through to your weigh in then you will sail through to May. also, try not to eat at all in the first few weeks as it really fuels your hunger and head hunger, but if you do eat then tuna and chicken should not affect your losses. once you get through wk 1 you'l find that having the 3 shakes a day is more than filling. in week 3ish the head hunger starts where you start craving food but there are no hunger pangs just thoughts. keep busy.

dont worry about the exercise, you shouldnnt be doing any for a few weeks anyway and by now you will feel zapped, esp tonight when you get in from work! but, this will be hard, do not give in tonight. dont listen to the voices in the head, just keep going until tomorrow. if you really need to eat also think of havig some cucumber in the fridge.

good luck and keep posting!

you're doing really well. you can have tuna on ss+ if you do the 3 shakes and meal or you can have milk if you do the 4 shakes and milk option. if you mix the 2 then you'll be on the 810 (3 shakes, meal and milk). you should still get into ketosis on the 4 shakes and milk or the 3 shakes and meal. just check your book for the amounts of each.

Hi cornishkez. Thanks for the advice. Will take some skimmed milk in to work tomorrow, coz i really didnt enjoy black coffee today!!

Free ice cream & chocolate!!!! I dont envy you working there! I dont have that kind of will power!

I've not tried the mousse mix yet and my CDC hasn't mentioned it. Will ask her next week. Like you said you want something that isnt just fluid. Although you're not chewing, i suppose the mouse would still be a good substitute for food/solids.

samina! keep going, believe me week 1 is hell. its emotional and difficult and draining and exhausting and makes you question yourself constantly. BUT, if you get through to your weigh in then you will sail through to May. also, try not to eat at all in the first few weeks as it really fuels your hunger and head hunger, but if you do eat then tuna and chicken should not affect your losses. once you get through wk 1 you'l find that having the 3 shakes a day is more than filling. in week 3ish the head hunger starts where you start craving food but there are no hunger pangs just thoughts. keep busy.

dont worry about the exercise, you shouldnnt be doing any for a few weeks anyway and by now you will feel zapped, esp tonight when you get in from work! but, this will be hard, do not give in tonight. dont listen to the voices in the head, just keep going until tomorrow. if you really need to eat also think of havig some cucumber in the fridge.

good luck and keep posting!

Wow. Thankyou so much for your support. You've given an excellent description of week 1 (my feelings exactly - especially the bit about questioning myself)!

Your comments give me a lot of encouragement and will help me stay focused. I liked what you said about not listening to the voices in the head and thinking about the next day. If i can just focus on each day and not think too much about 12 weeks(!!) then it'll be so much easier (i hope).

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!:)

you're doing really well. you can have tuna on ss+ if you do the 3 shakes and meal or you can have milk if you do the 4 shakes and milk option. if you mix the 2 then you'll be on the 810 (3 shakes, meal and milk). you should still get into ketosis on the 4 shakes and milk or the 3 shakes and meal. just check your book for the amounts of each.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was worried i might not get into ketosis if i had milk or tuna, but it's re-assuring to know that SS+ wont affect my losses by too much.

x

Day 4

Didnt sleep too well last night (again), but i dont think that was because of the diet. It maybe because the kids are not here and i'm feeling lonely without them!

Went into work feeling quite cheery (to my suprise)! I'm not really a morning person and always a bit grumpy in the mornings, but felt very optimistic about the day ahead!

Had 2 coffees before going to my home visit in the morning. At the client's home i was really brave and declined the offer of chocolate cake and left feeling proud of myself!! By the time i finished from there it was 1pm, so went home and had a Banana shake and water, and then back to work. Couldnt concentrate on much in the afternoon, so finished at 4pm and bought the paperwork home instead. But, at home all i could think about was that chocolate cake!! So i went to my brother's house to help me take my mind off things (food!) and he's just moved house so fortunately there was no food in the house!!

Had another shake since then and dont feel so bad now. Will have my last one just before i go to sleep, to prevent any hunger pangs during the night!

Going to catch up on paperwork now and hopefully i'll get a good night sleep, coz i'm really tired.

x

Well done for resisting the chocolate cake! I notice too that as soon as I eat..well drink a shake, I feel better already. Not sure if it's a mental thing or if it really prevents hunger.

Back