Sams Diary - Back on SS

Good luck with WW Sam, i've had great results with it in the past. In fact if it wasn't for the amount i had to lose this time i would of done it again. I know what you mean about the hair loss too, mine is really thinning, so much so that i can't wear it down and when it's tied up you can see my scalp :cry: Just praying it doesn't get any worse.

hi sam
i think you have done the right thing
WW sounds like its going great for you

i was only thinking yesterday why do we lose so much hair
what are we lacking that causes our hair to come out so fast
is cd really as great as i 1st thought and so on

i to have lost a lot of hair but only recently i was fine until i came of the diet then restarted
maybe that has something to do with it

anyways wamted to wish you lots of luck on WW

kaz xxxxx

Im still here and still plodding on with WW slowly but surely. Have lost another 2lb in the past fortnight and havent stuck to the diet rigidly, Im just thrilled that its still moving in the right direction.

I do miss the speed of the weight loss with CD and I may even return to it at some point to get me down to goal weight but for now Im content to be losing a 1lb or so a week so I should hopefully get to my next target of below BMI 30 by Christmas.

Aside from dieting, have been very busy with starting my new job as well as still doing lots for Virgin Vie. I have decided that after Christmas I will not do the VV parties (but will still sell the products to family and friends) so I can concentrate on being successful in my new job.

Hope everyone is well. xx

Great to see you on the forum again Sam and so pleased WW is working for you, slow and steady often wins the race so you go for it!

Georgie
xx

Hi Sam, great to hear that WW is going well and your enjoying it :)

sam-bo-rini!
im soo so happy to hear from you!!
i was a bit worried for a mo there. i'm oh so pleased that you are getting on with WW. ((i suspect i'll be there right with you as soon as i get down another stone or so, i think WW will help me with my eating, once im at my goal)) well, in a perfect world, WW will, right?))

i was going to ask you about the new job/career but you answered that for me as well! sounds like you have your hands full for sure with work, doet, kids, holidays, etc!
oh, have you noticed a change with the hair loss yet? have you been seeing less of it in your hands lately??

uh oh,, little man is getting intot he cupboards and i've not quite child-proofed them yet! eeek ((daddy will be doing this tonight!)) gotta run. you take care and keep up the great efforts with WW hun!

hey dis, thanks for popping by.

WW will definitely help you with your maintenance when you are ready. its amazing how much you can actually eat as long as you make the right choices. I started WW more for damage limitation to be honest as my head was all over the place so to have lost 10lb since starting is a real bonus. I still have days where I think I would like to do CD again but for now I think I am doing the right thing.

The hairloss seems to have stopped now, thanks for asking. It did get quite scary there for a while as it was literally coming out in handfuls. I have been left with a really fine triangular patch at the front, but its growing back Ok and as long as Im careful when I style it you cant really tell.

Im glad to see you are still doing well Dis. 68lb gone now huh... your finish line is in sight. Have you made plans for how you intend to cope over the christmas period?

Right then, just finished my work admin for the night so im off now to watch a bit of telly before I go to bed.

gosh I have been neglecting my diary havent I? Its been a combination of being busy at work, and also not really having much diet related stuff to say.

Im really toying with the idea of getting back to CD. I have a weeks worth of packs left - I thought they were out of date and then realised they said October 08 not 07 - doh!

Ive been doing WW for about 5 weeks I think now. Havent lost anything this week, but old habits are starting to creep back in and Im getting worried.

The main reason for stopping CD in the first place was the hairloss - but tbh, I think I had just got bored with it and was looking for an excuse. I really miss the rapid weight loss, and the feeling of well being once I was well in to the diet. However the thought of the first few days fills me with dread.

Then also, theres the time of year. I know that I definitely cant (and dont want to) stick to CD over Christmas. So am I wasting my time doing it now?? However I know that if I do it now, with the fab weight loss I would get in the first week, I could be 12 stones something by Xmas and I havent been that weight for over 10 years. I think 12st 10 is BMI 28, which is where I was aiming for. Is this achievable by christmas if I start now (im 14st 2lb at the mo)

I thought I could try to low carb and up my water from now till Sunday, and then restart CD SS on Monday. That gives me three whole weeks on SS until Xmas eve, and then I could just go for damage limitation over the Xmas period ( we are away from Xmas eve till boxing day at Neils parents)

I dont suppose theres anybody that still reads my diary after neglecting it for so long, but if anyone has any pearls of wisdom, I would love to hear them.

Hope everyone is well and happy.

xx

hello hello!!!!
hiya sam! so good to hear from you as always! and of course, no one has abandoned your diary so i'm sure once the others get a chance to catch up on MiniMins, they will be eager to contribute their 2 cents worth as well.
soooo....still trucking along on WW, eh? ((ive joined online and im in the first week. all has been ok, i've maintained. i think i will need to change to the points plan next monday. not sure if the core plan is working for me. mind you, having days like today (yes i've had a couple naughty things, but not over the top, at least i dont think)).

omg...:eek:
im so sorry hun! this is your diary!! im here to help you.!! not go on and on about me.
:rolleyes:

righty...sooo, feeling anxious to restart SS, eh? ((im really missing it as well. i know i want to lose another 2 stone...i'm REALLLY looking forward to restarting after im finished Bfeeding..))

Here's My Two Cents Worth: i think that since you know for certain that you will be eating on xmas and the days surrounding, i think the best thing for now would be to stay on WW until then so that you maintain what you've lost so far. And right after xmas, restart SS.

hmmmm but then again, you did mention that you wanted to be 12st by xmas. giving it further thought, i can see how you are having a tough decision with this. i think i know what i would do, personally.

ok so, when i started this post, i thought to myself: there is clearly only one choice to make here. but then after reconsidering your dieting dilema, it IS tough! lol

well, just look at the pros & cons i guess. if you start SS now, and lose a stone before xmas, how much do you think you will be eating for xmas? perhaps you can manage to only gain a couple pounds that week & the SS would just keep on going after xmas meal?

well, hun, whatever you do decide to do, keep us/me posted ok??!! im curious to hear about what route you take (especially is its the SS route...perhaps i can continue to SS/CD by proxy heheheh via you and paula).

ive got a massive cake to make for saturday so i have to start the decorations for it. hope you are well! will chat with you again soon.
((oh and hope the job is going great!!))
:party0036:

Hey Dis, so you made the switch to WW then huh... I have found it great for maintaining and have even lost a bit. You have done well not to gain in the first week if you went straight to SS as your glycogen stores will have refilled. I personally love the core plan but havent been entirely strict with myself and still managed to lose 10lb over 5 or 6 weeks.

I still havent decided whether to jump back on the SS bandwagon now, or wait till after christmas. I really miss the fast losses and I think another stone would make all the difference to my appearance. but I dont want to get a stone off for christmas only to put on half a stone over the xmas week... its a tough one.

Actually, I think Ive decided. I AM going to low carb till Sunday and then make one attempt to get onto SS on Monday. I hope I can do it, but if I am struggling too much I will wait till after Chrimbo... It would be great to go january sale shopping knowing that everything I buy will fit me properly without me having to lose weight to get into it.

Todays the day - restart day.

Im gonna have just one go at this. I did so well the first time round, and I know if I can just get past these first few days I will do it. My head is in the right place and a great first weeks weight loss will motivate me to continue.

Got lots to do today to keep me distracted and will do my best with the water. My plan is 3 packs and a chicken salad if I need it but Im going to try my hardest to get through without eating. I know that once im in ketosis I wont need to eat. Ooh, just remembered ive got some bouillion as well so that will help me.

I'll be posting on here a bit more often now to keep me on the straight and narrow. Starting weight is 14st 3lb (yep put on 1lb since last updated ticker but had a last supper yesterday before starting SS today) I will update signature etc later when I have a bit more time. First goal is to get below 14st which should hopefully only take a couple of days, then 13st 7lb. Will review again from there.

Good luck Sam on your restart, you can do it hun x
Join us on the daily thread as well, really helps to keep focused and out of the kitchen..

ooOOooo
hiya sam!
i wish you well on your SS restart! i have to say that i am a bit jealous. its funny though, when we were on SS it got to a point to where we were looking for the reasons to stop SS. but since we've stopped, we have only yearned for that rapid success once again! i've been having such hankerings for the weight loss. even though i've lost so much, i feel oh so fatty. odd i know. but at the end of the day, its a-ok because i'm trying for the conception.

i think you have a good solid game plan. it is chock full of "cushioning" and i think its safe. im looking forward to seeing how you get on this week! just imagine that you could very well have another "1st week" loss all over again!!!! that should be enough curiosity to keep you mostivated to stick to it this week!!

i'll write a bit more in my own diary in just a little bit...
i hope you are well and the family are getting alll ready for xmas!!!
ciao huN!!

well its day 3 of my restart today and so far so good. Im really pleased with myself that Ive managed to have 2 days being 100% on the diet although I am really struggling with the water as its soooo cold. Im drinking plenty of coffee and managing about 1litre of water and just hoping for the best.

Scales are showing a 3lb loss already but I wont update tickers etc until Monday.

Im really hungry this morning but wont give in. I know that if I just get through today then ketosis cant be too far away and the hunger will stop.

TO anyone else that has restarted this week, hope you are all doing OK.

good luck sam
you`ll do it your so close to goal
xxxxx

Back