Sams Diary - Back on SS

Dis Hun. Im so sorry I wasnt around to help you in your hour of need. Im glad you didnt gain, and so pleased that you seem to be back on the wagon. It sounds like you went through exactly what I went through a couple of weeks ago. Only it took me about a fortnight to properly get back on track. ((((well, its looking like its taken me a fortnight as well. its truie what they say: stray, and it only gets more and more difficult to get back on...))

...waiting for broadband to be connected at the new place so I havent been online for a whole week (have had serious withdrawal symptoms from minimins!) Ive just popped to my parents to use their computer as i couldnt wait any longer. ((beeen there before!! not your parents, lol, but the internet withdrawls, etc...i'm looking forward to having you back here regularly.))

Im hoping for a good loss for you on Monday, and if I dont check in before then I'll still be thinking of you. ((me too, hun, mee too. but i;m not expecting much of a loss to be honest...its been more or less a 790 week instead of hopping right back into SS. next week, SS IS A MUST!!!))

oh we're so close, sam. we've really gotta step it up a notch to get it finished, dont ya think??

anyways, i need to post alot of this in my own diary so ..you take care hun and i do look forward to having you back online soon. have a great CD week!!!

Hiya Sam!!!

I am so glad tos ee that you are sooo close to your target....

As you can see from my dairy, things have been tough for me and it was you and Dis and your amazing achievements that have brought me back to Minimins.... Hope your move has gone well.... We are still reeling from ours and we will be moving again as soon as suitable new accom comes are way.....

Keep up the very good work!!!!!

Anne

Hope your move went well and that u r ok xxxxxxx

Im back guys! Have you all missed me?

Ive got lots to post but not much time this morning. Im going to have a quick look at the other posts on here and see what everyone else is up to.

Am back on the diet properly now with my new CDC and have now done I think its 8 days of SS (except for one meal on Sunday) but only lost 1lb in my first week. My cdc blamed it on the meal being so close to weigh in and the fact that I had been messing around with the diet for so long etc... Im hoping for a better loss this week.

lots going on and promise to post properly later xx

Hi Sam
One pound is one pound nearer to goal and one pound less to carry around and worry about!

Keep strong and I'm sure next weeks weigh in will be a good one. xxxx

hello hellooooo, sam!!
yes yes of course you were missed. ;) ((speaking of missing, did you hear/read that the lovely Anne has returned to minimins as well?!)) excellent news. and now that you are back on SS ((and me as well)), anne starting a new SW page, etc...well, its just a sign that we all are going to do very well with our goals from this point.

are you pleased to have the internet back on in the new house? ((i tend to feel very disconnected when mine is down for weeks on end, merely because its the rock of communication with the family in the states...)) wow im rambling.

anyways, im glad you had a peek at my pics! and thanks for your kind & encouraging words. i hope they had a positive effect for your restart, if i can inspire and or motivate anyone else, i'll be pleased to be able to repay the favour for all those who have inspired me!!! :D

look forward to hearing about the new house sam...and yeah...of course u were missed :D welcome back and well done on the loss. Im sure it was only the meal and u will have a fab loss this week xxxx

aww thanks everyone. Ive spent hours online today catching up on lots of posts. I feel like I have missed so much in the last fortnight, although I have to say my house has been like a palace without the distractions lol. I'll have to try and limit myself to an hour a day or so so that my jobs and kids dont get neglected!

hi sam
how you doing
hope you settled in now and unpacked all your boxes

kaz xx

well guys. You are all going to be so disappointed in me...

I have come off the diet as my hair loss was getting really noticeable. I mean it was literally coming out in handfulls every day, every time I washed my hair or brushed it there was more and more coming out. I actually have a big patch of hair at the front that is so thin now you can see my scalp. My mother in law suffered alopecia many years ago and her hair has never grown back so she now has to wear a wig. My hubby was worried about the same thing happening to me and to be honest it is scaring the hell out of me too so I have stopped CD for the time being.

I have been doing the WW core plan since Monday and so far so good. The weight is still coming off, albeit much slower than CD, but then as I havent been able to stick to CD properly for some time now, at least I feel this way I am still doing something about my weight. I will update my ticker but Im down to 14st 5 now which is a 5lb loss in about 10 days.

I must say, I am glad I made the decision to switch, at least this has got to be better than SSing then bingeing... it was just a vicious cycle and not getting me anywhere. I feel in control again.

Apart from dieting I have been a busy bee. I have got a new job which starts a week on Monday. I have to do a residential training course down in camberley which means 5 days away from home so not sure how I'll cope with that. Im really excited about the job though. Its a great opportunity and I could potentially make lots of money from it. I will be working from home so can fit childcare arrangements around work. Pretty perfect actually. I will scale down my Virgin Vie business after Christmas to concentrate on my new job, but Im not giving up the VV completely. I enjoy it too much and the perks are great!

Its also half term this week so have been busy trying to keep the kids entertained.

Right then, we're going to make some flapjacks and some fairy cakes (I wont be having any - Promise! just need to supervise so that the kitchen doesnt end up covered in ingredients while they argue about who will lick the bowl)

Hope everyone else is doing OK. Will try to have a proper catch up on everyone elses diary soon.

hellloooo sam! i have missed you dearly!

i was wondering how you were getting on with CD, but you have answered all of my questions with your post today.
im sooo sorry to hear that the hair loss has increased!! :eek:i'd be terrified as well!! i feel you have every place to changing your diet in order to control it.

on that note, i must say that IM SOOOOO impressed with you...that you decided the better option of WW, as opposed to binging, eating like we used to. its a great decision and i'm really proud of you.
:rolleyes::D

i hope you will still post here when you can about your WW experiences! its all still good info about dieting! and we all need to hear it and support you just as much as we have been. and vice versa too, of course!

congrats on the new job as well!!! im sure you are going to be kept very busy soon.

again im pleased for you, and the alternative choices youve made. keep up your strength and will!
;)

Hi Sam

Yes the hair loss thing is a worry on VLCD isn't it? I have lost loads but then i had extremely thick hair to begin with so although i know it's thinner, nobody else can notice and it's a darn sight easier to straighten now!!

I think you've done brilliantly so far and WW plan is a good choice i think. 5lbs in 10 days is superb!!!!

Enjoy the eating...... I don't think i'll ever come off packs completely, i get so bored with healthy food and would prefer a pack to a chicken salad - doh!!! Whatever works though eh???

Good luck x

Sorry about the hair loss. It will grow back.
WW sounds a good idea ...the best plan is the one you can stick with!

Thanks Dis, Karen and Jane for popping in to see how Im doing. Jane you are so right about the best plan being the one I can stick to. I was trying and trying so hard to stick to SS and couldnt seem to get back 100% in the zone. The hairloss for me was probably an escape route from the diet but in all honesty, I think I have made the right choice for me right now.

WW is going well. I didnt seem to get an initial gain that many people report when switching from CD, probably cause I had been messing with SS for so long. Im still not at my lowest weight of 13st 13lb but the scales are slowly creeping downwards so its all good at the mo.

Im looking forward to starting my new job. I dont think I would have had the confidence to apply for it at size 20/22. I love the fact that the job can fit round the kids so Im not having to organise childminders etc.

I'll report an official Wi tomorrow and think I will make Monday Wi day each week.

hiya sam~
so good to hear that WW is going so well for you!
i've only got a moment to be online so i wanted to pop in and say hello etc etc!
im looking forward to hearing your WI results. :)
and good luck with the start of the new job!

((you got lucky with the hours/working from home!!!)) no childminders to sort! woohoo!
ok i'm off for now hun.
have a lovely evening and we'll chat soon!
:p

Back