Sams Diary - Back on SS

Thanks Laura for your words of support.

I didn't eat anything, because as much as I wanted some food, I am desperate to be a normal weight again.

I am sick of being obese. Its such a disgusting word.

I need to get to 13 stone before I am just overweight instead of obese and I'm not going to get there if I fall off the wagon this early.

On reflection, I am happy with my 3lb loss. On the CD forum, Kath who is a CDC told me that a litre of water weighs 2.6lb and i had drunk two litres before weigh in yesterday, doh! I was really really plesaed to hear that because maybe I have done as well as I thought, ie 7lb loss instead of 3. Anyway, I will make sure I only have sips of water before next weeks weigh in lol and hopefully have a great weigh in next week.

Anyway, on to week 3 now. Everyone keeps telling me it should start to get much easier now. I have no social engagements for the next couple of weeks so hopefully no opportunity for temptation to be put in my way.

I'll keep plodding on.

You are doing fantastically well and are a real inspiration to me as you are not that much further along than me....

I agree that Obese is such an awful word.... and morbidly obese is even worse.....

LOL who would think that their are many people in this world desperate to be labelled as 'over weight'!!! (instead of obese of course|) That last hurdle before normal weight....

Keep up the good work!!

Feeling on a bit of a high!

Its my 6th wedding anniversary today. We seem to be getting on great at the moment. All relationships have their ups and downs and we've had our fair share of both, but we are definitely going through a good patch.

He's really supportive of my diet for the first time. I think its because he can see the results are coming quickly. He keeps telling me that I look great which is a massive compliment from Neil.

Had a really good day yesterday. Did a Virgn Vie Party for my friend who I haven't seen for a month, and there were some old friends there that I haven't seen for a couple of years. They all said I was looking really good. My best friend who's party it was said I looked the best I have done for years. (that'll be the size 18 jeans I was wearing)

It was such a massive boost to my confidence. She had done loads of food and there was loads of wine but I didnt touch a drop.

This diet really does get easier and easier. I do have my off days, but even then I will not give in to temptation because after 10 years of being obese I actually feel for the first time that I can be slim if I follow this diet.

I read somewhere on here yesterday or the day before that there are 4000 calories in a large pizza, cheesy garlic bread and dessert. That really really shocked me. Pizza was my favourite comfort food before starting this diet and I had it at least once a week, but 4000 calories is enough for 2 days when eating normally. I certainly wont be having pizza every week now after this diet, and when I do, it will be a small one with no extra's.

I think thats enough rambling for now. Off to read how everyone else is doing.

just thought i`d see how you are doing
well done for not touching any of the food when you went out

keep up the good work
kaz xx

Its my 6th wedding anniversary today. We seem to be getting on great at the moment. All relationships have their ups and downs and we've had our fair share of both, but we are definitely going through a good patch.

He's really supportive of my diet for the first time. I think its because he can see the results are coming quickly. He keeps telling me that I look great which is a massive compliment from Neil.

Had a really good day yesterday. Did a Virgn Vie Party for my friend who I haven't seen for a month, and there were some old friends there that I haven't seen for a couple of years. They all said I was looking really good. My best friend who's party it was said I looked the best I have done for years. (that'll be the size 18 jeans I was wearing)

It was such a massive boost to my confidence. She had done loads of food and there was loads of wine but I didnt touch a drop.

This diet really does get easier and easier. I do have my off days, but even then I will not give in to temptation because after 10 years of being obese I actually feel for the first time that I can be slim if I follow this diet.

I read somewhere on here yesterday or the day before that there are 4000 calories in a large pizza, cheesy garlic bread and dessert. That really really shocked me. Pizza was my favourite comfort food before starting this diet and I had it at least once a week, but 4000 calories is enough for 2 days when eating normally. I certainly wont be having pizza every week now after this diet, and when I do, it will be a small one with no extra's.

I think thats enough rambling for now. Off to read how everyone else is doing.

oh wow! its amazing about the calories in a pizza. i, too, would eat about half a pizza (probably wouldve been more if my hubby wasnt in the room :confused:.). i'm hoping that when we all get to a healthy size, we'll be alright with going back to food again...that we'll notice our intake of carbs, fat, and sugar much more than we ever did before...

its a scary thought, going back to real food. i'm almost terified of it, to be honest.

on another note, happpy anniversary! i've been married ..well, september will be 7years, and you betta believe that we'v had plenty of ups n downs...its going very well at the moment. and he's very supportive that i'm losing the weight. (he did quit smoking as well to get healthy himself, as mentioned in my diary)). but lately, i think ive noticed that he's getting the occassional insecurities aobut "us", since he sees me losing the weight so fast. its almost like he's afraid of what i'll become when im thin, or that my eyes will wander.

silly men! i dont ever see that happening! he does, after all, give me beautiful children...why on earth would i ever leave?!? ((except for the obvious adulterous reasons. heheh))

i hope you are doing very well today...keep up the strength!

Well, today is day 16. I cant believe I am still going strong after 16 days and have been 100%. Not cheated once yet although I have had to give myself a severe talking to once or twice when the cravings got a bit much.

I have just cooked lamb chops and mashed potatoes and veg for the family so have come onto minimins while they eat it. It was torture enough cooking it so I may well kill one of them if I have to watch them eat it as well. Lamb chops are definately my fave, and mashed potato... proper comfort food. I could just eat and eat it and never stop.

Not much to add to the old diary today. Weather has been crap so not really done anything, other than catch up on chores all weekend cause ive spent all week on minimins.

Hope everyone is still getting on well. Thanks for all the positive comments from everyone.

You are such an inspiration to me!
You are doing so well, it gives such a buzz to do it 100% doesn't it!
It is hard though, I just wish I had done it 6 months ago so I'd be nearing the end... however like my daughter say's, I would still have had to go through all the pain!
Keep up the good work! I'm on yer tail!

Thanks for your lovely comments Anne. and Im glad to have you on my tail. You can kick me up the bum when the going gets tough.

I spent most of yesterday watching the concert for Diana. She was such a wonderful lady, and so naturally beautiful. Its hard to believe that 10 years have passed since she died. When it happened my eldest daughter was just 4 months old, and her dad had just left me for someone else after nearly 5 years together.

That was the start of my weight problem. As a single mum working full time I just ate junk food all the time as I never seemed to have time to prepare a meal. I piled on nearly 5 stone in a year, and have gradually added another couple of stone over the last 7 or 8 years. A whole decade of being FAT.

I was around 14 - 15 stone when I met my hubby and he loves me as I am, but has never known me slim.

One of my first long term goals is to get to 14 stone so I can look as I did when we first met. He is really supporting me which has been a great help.

I dont know yet what my goal weight is. My tracker will take me to 10 stone, but I think that might be too low. I suppose I will be able to judge it better when I get to a weight where I start to feel normal instead of fat.

Oh well, thats enough rambling for one morning. Got to take the car in for service and MOT this morning which is always fun.

my first cheat

after 17 days of being 100% I have had my first cheat today:(

It wasnt a binge or anything. I just HAD to eat something. Its been tormenting me all day, worrying about how far ive got to go on the plan before I get to anything like a normal weight.

So I had some chicken. Not much, just a couple of bites and it was delicious. I know that chicken was probably the best thing to have but I am really disappointed in myself.

I know it shouldnt knock me out of ketosis, but do you think it will affect my weight loss this week (weigh in thursday)

i don't think it will, as you say it was only a small bit..... i had my first cheat on Saturday and sorry to say it was soooooo much worse than yours.... it was a whole packet of Walkers sensations chicken crisps..... i cried afterwards..... i don't know why i did it....... i drank so much water to flush it all out i was back in ketosis by sunday...... but i felt really bad..... i hope i can at least stay the same for the weigh in tomorrow as i've been told they will definately affect my weight loss this week.....
Good Luck to you for Thursday

Angela

Wow, i've started a trend...

I agree, i dont think you will be knocked out of ketosis since it was protien. i think it was sunday that i did the same..nibbled on a little bit of chicken (and for the same reasons as you). And remember what you told me? You said that i shouldnt worry about the 1 lb regain for the week and that it was probably due to the water flucuation with the chicken.

i dont think you have anything to worry about, except trying to avoid doing it again. To be honest, since i nibbled yesterday, i am having a harder time resisting...i've been 100% today and consumed lotsa water so i'm hoping that this week will be so much better.

:)

when is your weigh in day again? (i know you've mentioned it here before, i just have terrible memory at the moment)

Right. Today is day 18. I am going to put yesterdays little cheat behind me and be 100% today. Just hope I didn't do too much damage with the chicken.

I think I ate the chicken because I was craving something savoury. I have stuck to the shakes so far as I quite like them, but am definately going to get some soups this week so I can try out the crisps.

I gave myself a severe talking to last night. I have still got at least 3 stones to go before I am just overweight and not obese. I owe it to myself to get at least that far, and I know if I put my head down and just get on with it I will be there in less than 3 months. It seems like such a long time and yet no time at all if that makes sense.

I am also going to start going back to the gym. I know there are all sorts of theories about exercise and SS, but I was going to the gym 2 - 3 times a week before CD and I miss it. I think it will also be a good distraction from food for a couple of hours. I'm working tonight but am going to go to the gym tomorrow night and see how I get on.

Right then. Im off now to make my first shake of the day. Im going to try to drink at least 4 litres today as a penance for eating yesterday!

10436rbg7ykj4db.jpg

hi hun
it was better to nibble on the chicken then any carbs
i very much doubt it will make much difference to your weigh in
new day today so forget about the little glitch and carry on your good work
kaz xx

right. Day 19. I am officially back on track and didnt cheat yesterday. Hopefully there will be no more chicken episodes to trip me up and Im sure Im not the only person who has had one little trip up on their journey.

spent most of yesterday cleaning the car inside and out so I can put it up for sale, in between dodging the rain. Then had to work in the evening.

I only work part time in the local co op and at the end of the night, we have to put all the freshly baked stuff, like baguettes, sausage rolls and cakes into the bin if they havent sold. Yesterday we had almost a black bag full of stuff for the bin. Its such a waste of food, and if I wasnt on the diet I would normally be asking to take some of it home. The smell is just too much. Its pure torture..

My other job is a consultant for Virgin Vie cosmetics which I absolutely love. I've got a party to do on Friday so need to go through my kit tonight and make sure it is looking its best.

I am going back to the gym tonight for the first time in about a month. Am just going to concentrate on toning rather than cardio as I think that would be a bit much on the few calories this diet gives us.

TOok a dulcolax tablet last night as havent been to loo for 5 days (sorry if TMI) It hasnt worked though so I might take another one. Dont want to over do it though. I might leave it another couple of hours to see if nature takes its course.

Nothing else to add really. Weigh in tomorrow so am going to drink tonnes of water today.

Back