Sams Diary - Back on SS

hiya sam...

sorry to hear about your shifting woes! or not so shifting for that matter. i have to say that i have had the totaly opposite issue for about 2 weeks now. it feels unhealthy, this irregularity!

day 20 - weigh in day

Well, yesterday was pretty uneventful. had to pop out to do some banking and a little bit of shopping, and had a virgin vie delivery to deal with, but apart from that just spent most of the day pottering about the house.

The dulcolax finally got to work although I did have to take a second dose as the first didnt shift it. I need to keep a closer eye on things and not wait 5 days next time.

weigh in today at 9.45. Have been good (well apart from the couple of bites of chicken about 3 days ago) so hopefully a decent loss today. Am getting some soups today for the first time so hoping they will satisfy the savoury cravings.

Will update again later after weigh in.

Another 5lb of lard gone forever.

Just back from weigh in. I have now lost 20lb in total - almost a fifth of my overall target in just 3 weeks.

Told CDC about my cheat on Monday with the chicken and she said not to worry about it and I did the best thing by choosing chicken instead of anything else, so felt a bit better about that.

Am feeling really motivated again now. I would love to lose another 5lb this week to get me to my first target of 10% bodyweight lost. I am not going to put myself under pressure though - any amount of weight lost is great.

Bev gave me a tip on another thread to put 20lb of sugar into a basket next time I am shopping to see how much I have lost. Its hard to imagine what 20lb feels like so I think that will help me to visualise how well I am doing.

Just had a peanut crunch bar for brekkie. Mmmmmmm. I only ordered two as I have read that they can cause wind and cravings

Right. Just going to have a quick catch up on here and then I really must clean my house.

WOW!

wow sam, that is brilliant! And by adding your measurments here reminded me to have the hubby help me with mine so hopefully i'll be able to post something positive with them as you have)). You should be well chuffed indeed!

p.s. i LUV the way you think of weight loss, as in 1/3 of the way off, etc....it brings a whole new perspective.

Hi wl8s, you are doing absolutley brilliant 5lb is a really good loss. I bet you can tell in your clothes that the weight is coming off. I have been reading your diary and it is great. We seem very similar in that have similar weight to lose and started around same time, i also have a son from previous marriage and my husband left about 10yrs ago is to be with someone else! My weight kind of crept up from there:( I am now remarried to a very lovely man who is supporting me to get this weight off for good! Any way i just wanted to say i really enjoy your diary, although i dont post alot i do love to read everyones story it is so motivating:) Have a good week.

heres hug for doing so well
hugs255Fgirl.jpg

stay positive and you`ll succeed
brilliant results is such a short space of time

kaz:D

Day 21

Thank you to everybody for all the lovely comments you have made. Im still on cloud 9 after yesterdays weigh in.

As I said yesterday, I seem to have a renewed determination. I sailed through yesterday with a peanut bar for brekkie, chicken and mushroom soup for lunch and a strawberry shake for supper. Drinking the water is getting easier too. I must admit I have stopped counting how much water Im consuming but I have a 1/2 litre bottle that I constantly refill during the day - i must be having about 3.5 litres plus copious amounts of coffee which has been my lifeline so far. I am trying to drink as much as possible as I have that first target of 25lb in my sights lol

We've got a bit of a family occasion coming up (the inlaws) on 5th/6th August, so just over 4 weeks away. Im hoping I can lose another stone by then and I will be 2 1/2 stone lighter than the last time they saw me. Just something else to keep me motivated.

Its Neils birthday next weekend and thats another occasion where we would have normally gone out for a meal. Neil has been so supportive and has said he is not worried about not going out. He has promised to take me away for a romantic weekend when I am in a comfortable size 16 which is a lovely thought - but I might get him to postpone it until I am in a comfortable size 14 so that I wont feel so bad about eating. Im sure he wont mind, and it wont take too long hopefully. Might co-incide with my birthday in September if Im lucky.

I never got round to going to the gym this week, tut tut. I am definately going to start going from Monday, and am hoping for a decent bit of weather at the weekend so I can get outside and walk some more of this lard off.

Have a great day everyone.

I've just read your diary & it was a delight.
Nothing is nicer than the achievements of someone with clear thinking & determination.

well done so far.
I'm sure you'll have no trouble keeping it up, Especially with your 1st mini goal now in your sights.
One thing did occur to me..you've had the odd hungry day. sometimes thay do just 'happen' but caffeine can trigger it too. Just thought it was worth a mention incase you feel it might be a factor.

Day 22

Had another hungry day yesterday, dont know if its the bars as I only introduced them two days ago. I'll give them a miss today and see if it helps.

Jane made an interesting comment about caffiene possibly being the cause of my hunger. The trouble is, I have always been a big coffee drinker and always took it black with a sweetener so it has really been my saviour on this diet. I hope its not the coffee making me hungry as I definately couldnt manage without it.

I am definately in ketosis as my breath reeks and I have constantly cold hands and feet. I havent got any sticks to test but I havent cheated so theres no reason I shouldnt be in ketosis.

I think also, because the weather has been so rubbish and Im stuck indoors all the time with no real distractions my thoughts turn to food, so maybe im not really hungry and its just the chatterbox in me getting to work, I dunno...

Im thinking about changing my target. My ticker takes me to 10st7 which I cant remember ever being as an adult. It might be too low.

Im thinking I should set the ticker to BMI 25.5 and then start moving through the steps to maintenance. I can set a new target when I get to 25.5 as I think I'll have a better idea of how far I want to go.

I dont know if this is just my chatterbox getting to work again, or whether it is a sensible thing to do, and by bringing the target a bit closer would boost my willpower as it doesnt seem so far away. Does that make sense?

Oh well, enough rambling. Its my mums birthday and Charlotte school fair today so a busy day running around. Then work at 6pm tonight till 10 so at least I wont be sat at home thinking of food.

Day 22

I am definately in ketosis as my breath reeks and I have constantly cold hands and feet. I havent got any sticks to test but I havent cheated so theres no reason I shouldnt be in ketosis.
Absolutely right. cold hands & feet, horrid taste in the mouth...theres only one cause.

I think also, because the weather has been so rubbish and Im stuck indoors all the time with no real distractions my thoughts turn to food, so maybe im not really hungry and its just the chatterbox in me getting to work, I dunno...

You've got it spot on there. I was feeling picky y'day, then late afternoon got out into the veggie patch for the first time in ages & suddenly all thought of food vanished. Boredom & habit are v strong triggers. After so many weeks on this diet I felt stupid to have forgotten this.
Im thinking about changing my target. My ticker takes me to 10st7 which I cant remember ever being as an adult. It might be too low.

Im thinking I should set the ticker to BMI 25.5 and then start moving through the steps to maintenance. I can set a new target when I get to 25.5 as I think I'll have a better idea of how far I want to go.
Sounds v sensible to me
I dont know if this is just my chatterbox getting to work again, or whether it is a sensible thing to do, and by bringing the target a bit closer would boost my willpower as it doesnt seem so far away. Does that make sense?
I think it sounds realistic & not CB driven.

quote]
just had another thought about getting the water in.
I found that I could enjoy the shakes v dilute. If I make one up into a litre of water it means I'm getting 750ml of my daily water without trying.At one point I was splitting them to help with hungry times & made them even more dilute, but they were a bit flavourless by then.
just mentioned this in case it helps.

Hiya.....
those damned chatterboxes!!!!!
You are doign so well and I think if it helps moving your goal a little then go for it!!!!!
You will know when you get there what your comfortable weight it, so don't worry too much about the numbers.... I too had a rough day yesterday all self doubts and worry for making it through the long haul!

I like Jane make my shakes up with double the amount of water so getting an extra 750 mls a day water without trying... it helps...

I would be reluctant to give up all your coffee if I was you, as it can cause horrid withdrawal if you stop it all at once.... it would have to be very gradual (I'm not a coffee drinker - but actually had the problem when I gave up drinking coke a few years a go as I used to drink litres a day)

Have a great day today at your school fete.... we have ours today too, so I will pop in! (Am not helping out this year)

You are doing fabulously well!!!!!!

Moving the Goal Posts

OK, So I have updated my ticker.

I have changed my target weight from 10st7lb to 11st 7lb which will be BMI 25 instead of BMI 23 which I think would have been too low.

I dont want to keep moving the goal posts but I think changing my target to 11st 7lb somehow makes the road ahead seem less daunting.

I am now only 3lb off being 1/4 way to target and I am hoping to get at least 3lb off this week. Then it will be only another 7lb to get me to 1/3 of the way to target.

These little milestones will help me to feel like I am achieving something and keep me motivated - or thats the theory anyway.

So we'll see how it goes. Although it does make my user name seem a little ridiculous now. Hadnt thought of that. doh!

Back