Sams Diary - Back on SS

I love your user name. and you are doing a great job, your already 1/4 way to target that is great. Keep your user name and keep up with the good work

day 23

I cant believe I have nearly done 4 weeks on this diet with only one small blip. Im so proud of myself.

I spent a lot of time yesterday thinking about my targets and how long it is going to take me to achieve them, which resulted in me changing my ticker to a target of 11st 7 instead of 10st 7.

Well, my wonderful supportive husband has promised me a Mercedes SLK when I get to my target of 11st7 so I now have an even bigger incentive to lose the weight. It wont be a new one or anything, but it is my dream car so I am definitely going to keep that in my sights now when I am tempted to cheat. Ive told him to hurry up and start saving as Im going to race to target now.

I have been to the gym this morning, and burnt off 240 calories on the treadmill and the bike. then spent nearly an hour going through the various machines to help me tone up. Im going to aim to go at least twice a week. Its difficult to go more than that as I work three evenings and look after the children during the day.

Diet wise, Im feeling OK today. Just cooked a roast chicken dinner for the family and not tempted by that, although it was the cold chicken leftovers that got to me on monday last week so Im going to make them use it up tonight, or get neil to use it for his packed lunch tomorrow so its not in the fridge to taunt me.

Have had nearly 4 litres of water already today. Thats a bit more than I usually have, I should manage 5 litres today. Im going to drink as much as possible this week to see if it makes a difference to my weight loss.

Hope everyone else is doing OK today.

Day 23 draws to a close.

I spent the afternoon watching the British Grand Prix. I really wanted Louis Hamilton to win, but he had to settle for 3rd. Also cooked roast chicken for the family. The cold leftovers are calling my name now but Im not hungry at all so wont give in.

I have had a sort through my wardrobe and have spent this evening listing a load of stuff on Ebay that is now too big for me. Hopefully that will be a regular past time of mine for the next few months as I go down the sizes.

I havent had my third pack yet today as Im not hungry at all, which is a little weird after having a couple of hungry days this week. Its strange how each day is different. I think it must definitely be the water intake as I have had close to 5 litres today which is 2 litres more than normal.

Not much else to report really.

Not much to report except ...success!

i have to say that i, too, havent had mmy 3rd shake yet, and its midnite already!! i wasnt hungry at all this morning until about 2pm! :eek: 2nd shake was at 10pm! i'm so baffled about how different it is day to day. i havent had much water today either...

but since its been sort of an emotional weekend for me so perhaps it has something to do with it...either way, its cool that i havent been hungry at all. its a weird feeling not having to stuff my face all the time, like i used to!

oh and as far as the grnd prix, i was rooting for hamilton to win 1st as well...but once again he was 3rd...its still pretty good!

i hope you had a nice weekend over all!! oh and the issue with the hubby has been sorted....it was a minor-ish issue way blown out of proportion, mostly by the hormonal me!
((hey, i cant help it that i freaked out a little when i heard about one of his "friends" (female coworker), asking my hubby is there's a chance he'd leave his family because she was interested! ha!! i can laugh at it now. hehehe))

Day 24

Just a quick update this morning as Ive got loads of ironing to do so cant spend too much time on here this morning. I hate ironing, its the one job I always leave till last.

Also got to go and do the weekly shop at some point today. The sun is shining at the moment so hoping that lasts. If it is still sunny this afternoon I will go and feed the ducks with Zoe and walk the dog.

Im hoping to get to the gym tonight as well. Im definitely on a mission now for my new car.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Ironing! hate it too. my answer to it is quite simply I DON'T!
glad you've had another good dy.
did you get to the gym after all?

Ironing! hate it too. my answer to it is quite simply I DON'T!
glad you've had another good dy.
did you get to the gym after all?

Thanks for checking in Jane.

I do hate ironing but Im not organised enough to iron stuff just as we need to wear it, so I prefer to get it all out of the way in one go. Having said that, I didnt do all of it lol but we've got enough school uniform and Neils work shirts to last the week so that'll do! I might do a bit more tomorrow if I need any distraction from food.

Yep. I got to the gym. My sister came with me which was good. I cant do much cardio work though as it wears me out but I suppose thats not surprising on 450 cals a day.

I used to go to the gym regularly before CD and could easily do 30 mins treadmill, 20mins crosstrainer, 20mins bike and then 10mins rowing machine. Now 20mins bike is enough. Did loads of toning though using the various machines and 200 sit ups:innocent0002:

Going to try and go again on wednesday evening as I have to work tomorrow night.

Day 25.

I am feeling really really good today. I am wearing something I have been trying on for ages, but today for the first time it feels comfortable. Its one of those shirt dress thingies and Im wearing my size 18 jeans with it and I think for the first time in a long time I am very happy with the way I look today.

Thats quite a big thing for me to say. I have been fat for a decade and still have tonnes of weight to lose but I genuinely do feel happy today.

I cant believe I am approaching the end of my 4th week on CD already. It has flown by and although I have had some really really difficult days, I think on the whole I have coped really well.

I am in this for the long haul. Never before have I had the belief in myself that I could get to goal weight. I know its not going to happen overnight, but it will happen a lot quicker with CD than it ever could with any other diet.

AAM week for me starts on Friday and I am both dreading it and really looking forward to it. I think I will do what Kaz did if it gets too much and just go back to SS as I know that definately works.

Oh well, enough rambling for now. I'll check in again later.

You are doing fantastic and to get to end of 4 weeks is brill, you have lost loads in that time, i am also starting aamw on friday and dont know whether i am looking forward to it or dreading it as i have been thinking about chicken alot!! I really enjoy reading your diary, you really keep me going:)

158415b9sko6mh71.gif

well done for getting to day 25
you are doing so well
kaz xx

I agree with you about the AAM. If a weeks too long you can always duck out & finish it later.

Time plays trick on this diet. Part of me feels like it's flown by & part can't remember how I ate before. Vague recollections of small sweet crumbly round foods that live inside a thing called 'biskit-tin'? Stuff from the freezer called eyes-kreme? I expect the memory will return one day but I'm in no hurry.

Toothfairy, thank you for your lovely comments. Reading the diaries really keeps me going as well.

Kaz and Jane, thank you for your support as ever. Kaz I am loving your new pics. You have come so far already and are a real inspiration to me.

Jane, you have done phenomenally well and are also an inspiration and you always make me laugh with your fabulous sense of humour.

Right, off to check how everyone is getting on and will update my diary later.

198323u3ot8vfbs5.gif

hi yah
thanks for your comments
you are doing so well
i really believe you can do this
there is so much support on here
jane is a star she always has the right words to say and i found she has always been right with her advice

have a great day
kaz xxx

Day 26

Another successful day completed yesterday. I have terrible period pains though and that would normally have me reaching for the chocolate but not this time. Its funny cause Im not really a chocolate person but TOTM always gets me and then I pig out on the stuff. Anyway, managed to beat off the choc cravings with a choc tetra and had a fairly early night.

Am hoping totm isnt going to affect WL too much as I feel like I have had a really good week and I was hoping to pass my first target of 25lb this week. I'll just have to stick to plan and hope for the best. All my clothes are feeling much looser so I know its coming off, even if it doesnt show on the scales tomorrow.

Im going to the gym again tonight. I am going to start going swimming soon as I think the kids will love it. Im just trying to persuade hubby to come along too.

Right. Need to get some housework done and then get on with the day.

Hope today is a good one for everyone.

good morning sam!
i've got my fingers crossed for you , that you've passed the 25lb mark this week!

Also, a hige well done on getting through yet another day! ((i'm finding it easier to look at this day by day...it feels more realistic and less of a dream.)) i suspect thats just me and the way my head has always thought about how i have always wanted to look, and being on another "slow" loss diet...it was a matter of "when" it was gonig to happen, etc. anyways, im rambling. the point is: Its melting off so fast from all of us. Day By Day!

i hope you have just as a wonderful day today as you did yesterday!

i know! im totally chuffed! its so hard to believe that i've lost any weight at all, let alone 25lbs! 3 more to my first goal: to lose 2 stone...

thank you for noticing hun!

Back