Sams Diary - Back on SS

happy sunday, sam.

thank you for peeing into my diary to see that i was doing alrighty yesterday. and i was, thank you! ((you can read that update in my diary, dont want to bore you hearing it twice!)

i know you said you were feeling better, and thats good to hear. i'm sure you may have a few lingering symptoms over the next few days but thats much better than having a nasty nasty sore throat, anyday!

Also, i think its a very very wise choice for you to go on 790 (or is it 750) plan when you are with the family. you will be able to have a few foods with everyone and hopefully avoid all the questions of "Why arent you eating, why only drinking, that cant be healthy for you, blah blah blah".

i just dont really tell anyone about it anymore. they can think all they want anyways, right? we're the ones losing the weight! woot woot

my S-I-L asked me what diet i was doing because she was desperate to lose a couple stone before hols...i told her and she said: oh are you doing that stupid liquid diet?"

i said: uhhh, honey, that 'stupid' liquid diet just helped me lose 1 stone in a week, i'll have you know" ((it was just after i started))

and i havent heard another peep since. hehehh

anyways, i hsould be off. plenty to do. you take it easy today.
ciao!

hi sam
glad you are feeling better
isn`t it nice when you hear comments on your weight loss
makes it all worth while and gives you the boost to carry on

well done for your journey so far
kaz xx

Hi Sam, just wanted to tell you, Your are such an inspiration. Our numbers kind of match up start weight 18.1, im 5ft 10, I have been reading you postings ALOT, I just started the CD on wed, now on day 4, have been realy good and still feel positive, feeling a bit crappy today, great yesterday. Hope you dont mind me dropping you a line. Jackiex

Hi Jackie,

THanks for popping into my diary and for your lovely comments.

If I can be an inspiration to you in some way I am thrilled. I havent really got any words of advice other than dont cheat. If you put your trust in the diet and stick to your packs and keep glugging the water the weight WILL fall off.

I wish you the best of luck with your journey, once you get to the end of yoru first week and see the scales you will be so motivated to continue.

If I can do it, anyone can do it!

i've been reading your thread and i am so impressed with your weight losses. They are fab. I too have been dieting for ever (12 years) i now feel determined to succeed this time. I have three timeslost 3 1/2 stome with SW or WW and put the lot plus more back on. I don't know why but something feels different this time.
I am now on day 10 of SS and all i can say is i am surviving!. I was well chuffed to lose 6.5lb on my first week and that will keep me going.
have a fab day.

Tweety

Day 39

first day of the summer holidays and the kids are bored already! My poor DD is doing 11+ revision to prepare her for the 11+ exams in October.

Have had to wait in this morning for the photographer from autotrader as I am selling my beloved car. I need to get something that is a bit more economical now that I dont work full time. I am also trying to set up a new small business from home so will use some of the cash to get that up and running.

So while DD is studying and I am waiting for photographer I have finally tackled the ironing mountain. Just got to put it all away now which is almost as boring as having to iron it all. Domestic goddess I am not!!

Diet wise, everything is fine. Still plodding along on SS. Some days harder than others but in 39 days I have only had two minor slip ups of literally a couple of bites that I shouldnt have had so I think Im doing OK.

Have got to go shopping this afternoon with the kids in tow so not looking forward to that. I always seem to spend twice as much on the shopping when the kids are asking for everything.

Hope everyone had a successful weekend on the diet.

Hi Sam
You are doing really well i cant believe you have lost 2 1/2 stone in such a short time and to get into some size 16's is fab. Sorry i havent been on lately, laptop still broke and at work so have to nick hubbys when i can. I hope the weather gets better so kids can get out. Any way good luck for this week weigh in :)

morning sam
i went shopping yesterday with the kids plus their friends and came back exhausted :giggle:

still going strong i see
well done for doing so well
kaz:D

goood morning sam!

all is well on this end so far, today. at the moment, its a day by day challenge. ((for a little bit there, it was week by week)).

goal for today is: water!

hope you are doing well this morning and that you have a great afternoon.

take care!! will check back later...(weigh in tomorrow for you??))

Day 40

dietwise was ok yesterday but I came close to cheating several times. I can feel boredom setting in with the diet (that usually sets in after 3 or 4 days with me so to get to day 40 is a huge achievement)

I really need to keep myself distracted and away from food today and am going to really make an effort with the water to keep me feeling full.

I bought some more size 16 clothes yesterday. they are a bit snug but in another week or two Im sure they will be a perfect fit.

In 40 days I have gone from size 20/22 to size 16/18. I know that no other diet will give me results like that so I am determined to continue but it is so hard.

I went to the gym as well yesterday. I really must make more effort to go regularly as Im sure just going once a week isnt going to make that much difference. Its a good distraction from food and I drink a litre of water while Im there so there are several good reasons for going.

Its 10 days until we go away to the inlaws for three days. I am determined to stick with SS until then, but I will do 790 while I am there.

I keep reading about how the losses are nearly as good on 790 but not sure Im ready to give up on SS yet, and yet Im finding SS sooooo boring. I dont know what to do. Im sure doing 790 is better than giving up, yet I know ive got it in me to carry on doing SS. I know im not really making sense... I would really appreciate any advice from people who have switched to 790 or considered switching.

Oh well, thats enough waffle for one morning.

Have a good one today everyone.

Day 40

dietwise was ok yesterday but I came close to cheating several times. I can feel boredom setting in with the diet (that usually sets in after 3 or 4 days with me so to get to day 40 is a huge achievement)

I really need to keep myself distracted and away from food today and am going to really make an effort with the water to keep me feeling full.
same for me sam i find the only way to battle it is to keep buisy and drink

I bought some more size 16 clothes yesterday. they are a bit snug but in another week or two Im sure they will be a perfect fit.
yep you`ll be buying 14`s soon you see

In 40 days I have gone from size 20/22 to size 16/18. I know that no other diet will give me results like that so I am determined to continue but it is so hard.
well done that is brill

I went to the gym as well yesterday. I really must make more effort to go regularly as Im sure just going once a week isnt going to make that much difference. Its a good distraction from food and I drink a litre of water while Im there so there are several good reasons for going.
i`m still not brave enough for the gym yet so i think even once a week is good :giggle:

Its 10 days until we go away to the inlaws for three days. I am determined to stick with SS until then, but I will do 790 while I am there.
good luck with 790 enjoy the food

I keep reading about how the losses are nearly as good on 790 but not sure Im ready to give up on SS yet, and yet Im finding SS sooooo boring. I dont know what to do. Im sure doing 790 is better than giving up, yet I know ive got it in me to carry on doing SS. I know im not really making sense... I would really appreciate any advice from people who have switched to 790 or considered switching.

some swear by 790 just how you cope i know i wouldn`t cope yet i`m better on ss but you may do well

you to hun
kaz :D

Day 40

40 days is GOOD!
Hurray. Keep focused!

don't over do it when you're tere. maybe 2or 3 shortersessions?

It's not a once-&-for-all decision.
If you really are bored thne you could do it for a week or 2 then return to SSing for a bit.
Some people do 790 at Wekends,though others say that's even harder.
Discuss it with your CDC. She'll probably have suggestions.
Bottom line: every day you're in ketosis you're losing !

Well done so far!

Day 41

Good Morning Diary

Well I have struggled for the last couple of days. I haven't given in yet but I really want food. I'm sure its just boredom as I've already said and no one said this was going to be easy, but boy, the last two days have been so hard.

I know I'm being stupid. I am doing well to have got to 41 days and as i sit here in my size 16 top and size 18 jeans I have already come further than I ever have on any diet before. The results come so fast on this diet that I know I would be crazy to give up and yet I am torturing myself thinking about food all the time. I cant be in the same room as the kids at the moment when they eat and cooking for the family is a real struggle.

Whatever I decided to do re SS/790, I will persevere on SS until we go away on 2nd Aug and I will 790 on the 4 days I am away. i will then re-assess where I am when I come back.

I am doing this diet for myself but have started to feel that if I stop I am letting others down - but it should be about letting myself down, perhaps thats where I am going wrong. I know how proud my husband and kids are of me and hubby tells me every 5 seconds how gorgeous I look.

Well, that has really turned into a lot of waffle that doesnt make sense and doesnt answer any questions. I think I might try and work out how to post some photos so you can all kick me up the arse and tell me Im being stupid to consider stopping.

At the start of my journey I promised myself that if/when I felt it was time for a break I would work through the steps instead of just coming off the diet so I at least owe myself that and I know from other success stories that it is possible to lose weight whilst working through the steps.

So. I will see how I feel on MOnday 6th August when I get back and promise to stick with my plan until then.

Waffle over. Hope everyone else is coping better than me at the moment!!

Weigh in is thursday for me Dis. Whens yours?

i swear that i posted this in your diary yesterday...but i cant seem to find it. oh well! monday is my weigh in...same as anne's...

ok, i'll get this down: Sam thursday. Kaz Wednesday...

lol i'll probablya sk again next week! ha!

Hi Sam You have done fantastic so far!! To be in a 16 top is brilliant, but i know how hard it is, I have found it harder since my aamw. I think because i looked forward to that little bit of food. I agree you should try to ss until you 4 days away then reassess when you get back. You can so what your loss is like that week when you do 790. I hope things pick up for you. We all seem to be struggling a bit at mo, maybe its the weather being so miserable:) Good luck for weigh in tomorrowx

Sam, you are such an inspiration,41 days is not to be sneezed at, god i want to be like you, you can do it, best person to talk it over with is your CDC. it must be harder with the kids being of school, tolerance levels are strained lol, go to the mirror and have a good look at yourself, may be take out an old pair of big trousers and say I DID THAT.

Hi Sam You have done fantastic so far!! To be in a 16 top is brilliant, but i know how hard it is, I have found it harder since my aamw. I think because i looked forward to that little bit of food. I agree you should try to ss until you 4 days away then reassess when you get back. You can so what your loss is like that week when you do 790. I hope things pick up for you. We all seem to be struggling a bit at mo, maybe its the weather being so miserable:) Good luck for weigh in tomorrowx

Sam, you are such an inspiration,41 days is not to be sneezed at, god i want to be like you, you can do it, best person to talk it over with is your CDC. it must be harder with the kids being of school, tolerance levels are strained lol, go to the mirror and have a good look at yourself, may be take out an old pair of big trousers and say I DID THAT.

Thank you so much ladies for those kind words.

I think it is a combination of crap weather, kids at home, crap job that is getting me down rather and making me want to eat which is why I am struggling to stay on the straight and narrow at the moment.

I am determined to stick to ss until I go away and then to 790 while Im away and in the meantime I will give it some serious thought as to what I want to do when I get back.

thanks for that morale boost though girls. I really needed it.

Sam
xx

Day 42

Just weighed in and another 3lb gone.:D

Im feeling a bit better about things this morning after losing another 3lb. Thats 2st6lb in 6 weeks and I know that I cant do that on anything other than SS. I am wearing another size 16 top today and I know that I look so much better than I did. I think Ive just had a couple of feeling sorry for myself days. Its seems like lots of people are having those at the moment, including people who have stuck to the diet for a lot longer than me, so I figured that it is normal to have off days.

I have noticed how the amount of water people drink affects their weight loss so I am going to do minimum 4 litres a day this week and try for 5 litres. I really want to get to the end of my journey as quick as possible.

God I wish the weather would hurry up and improve. Im lucky I suppose as Im not affected by the floods but I just want to get outside with the kids to keep them occupied. they'll kill each other if they are stuck indoors for 6 weeks.

Back