Sams Diary - Back on SS

Goooood morning Sam!
WOW its amazing that you've lost a foot of lard!!!
hmmm...kinda tempts me to do my measurements again.

I can only hope for such a loss! Keep it up hun!
also, have a fab day today!

Hi
Just been reading your diary and couldn't leave without saying Congratulations on your amazing loss so far. I am starting the diet at the end of August and am already obessessed with this site lol

I have around 8 stone to lose too, and have been inspired by your diary - so thank you!

Lesley

morning sam
love your diary
you sound so focused

thast what the diet is all about
staying on the rails and seeing your end in sight

well done matey you are doing great
kaz:D

Day 32

Felt really sick yesterday for some reason. didnt have my first shake till about 1pm as just couldnt face it before then. Drank plenty of water during the day. I forced a soup down at about 6pm and made myself some fish and salad for my AAM at about 8pm but only managed a couple of mouthfuls. Didnt get my 3rd pack.

Dont know what it was. I feel fine this morning and I wasnt actually sick, just felt really off all day. I dont know if its because I have had proper food this week but I have stuck pretty close to the recommended portion sizes.

Have decided that if Im struggling to get it all in I will have my 3rd shake today rather than an AAM. I know its important to make sure I get the right nutrition and while I would obviously prefer to eat something tasty I know thats not the best thing for me.

My TOTM is still being weird. Sorry if this is TMI.

I normally have a heavy period but it only lasts 4 days. This time I havent had a proper bleed but have been spotting for 7 days now. Its doing my head in. I feel really bloated as I normally do just before my period but that normally disappears within 24 hours of starting. Im definately not preggers and dont want to be. I dont appear to be retaining water anywhere else. Im confused??????

I hope it doesnt affect my loss this week. Obsessed or what!!

Ooooh some good news. I bought a size 16 top in Asda yesterday in the sale and thought it will fit me soon. Well I tried it on when I got home and it fits perfectly!!! Hubby was so proud of me. I was a size 16 when I met him and although Im heavier now than when we met its great to own something in a 16 again.

Right that'll have to do for now. Got to get little'un ready for playgroup.

Day 33.

Am feeling much better after feeling ill the other day. Stuck to SS yesterday as I wondered if it was the food that had been making me feel ill and I feel fine now.

After winging yesterday about strange totm it arrived properly with a vengeance yesterday, so I suppose it could also have been that making me feel ill.

Weigh in is tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if I have lost anything during aam, especially considering my big loss last week. Am not expecting a loss but if I get one, even a pound it will be a bonus.

Im amazed at how much my body is changing after losing just two stone. I still have a long way to go, but I just feel so much better about myself and my clothes look better. Im still chuffed about the size 16 top I bought on Monday.

Nothing much planned today. Ive got to work this evening as my boss asked me to change my shift from Tuesday to Wednesday this week. Was going to be going belly dancing with Kath who posts on here but now I cant make it. Got a Virgin Vie party to do on Friday so I might sort my kit out and make sure its looking its best.

Glad to hear everyone else seems to be doing really well at the mo. keep up the good work ladies!

Can someone tell me how to change the title of my diary please

yes of course!
go to the main page that lists everyone weight loss dairies...and you'll see stars to the right of you title...just click on those and it will hilite your title giving you the option to change. just hit enter to save it!

oh and i also wanted to comment on your nibbling/picking day...it must be something in the bottled water! olol.
im struggling biggie style. i picked at fynn's egg and even had bits of cheese!!! i konw its all mostly protein/no carb..but still. i have to say that the egg was a bit satisfying and i didnt need to keep eating..but the cheese.. ohhhhh cheese and chocolate (not together yuk) are my downfall!

Well, all i can say (to the both of us) is look how far we;ve come...and DONT look at how far we have to go still.
i think i need to psych my head out into thinking that i'm only just starting this again, tomorrow so that i am in total strict, motivated mode! ((despite how difficult those first few days were but we made sure we were strict!))

also, have you stopped your AAMW?? im not allowed to say who but "someone" kinda let me know that she/he has seen Cd'ers stray and find it very difficult to go back to SS after AAMW. i know that doesnt mean everyone...but it is known to be a down fall. i personally dont see any sense in it, tbh. so i dont ever plan on doing it. There should be no problem with skipping it if allllll the nutrients/vitamins etc are in the packets already. know what i mean? again, to each their own!

i do hope you are feeling better about it all tomorrow...a new day...

take it easy!

Hi,

I just wanted to say that the picking/nibbling happens to the great majority of us at some point. There are some people who are 100% right to the end and I envy their will power as I am not one of them. I started to pick in week 9 and it took 2 whole weeks to get back to 100%. Its like the moment you get a taste for "real" food - you can't seem to stop.
Just a warning that before it gets out of hand - squish the picking behaviour as soon as you can - it threw all kinds of problems for me and believe me a little sliver here and there is just not worth it!! You are doing so well and believe me - once you see your "before and after" shots - you will be even more amazed how far you have come. Be proud - you deserve it.
Have a great day
Laura

Day 34

Thanks for the messages of support Dis and Laura. I know I mustnt cheat. DOnt know what came over me yesterday. It was just a chicken nugget and a rich tea biscuit but luckily I stopped there before I did any damage.

Just weighed in and another 2lb gone. Im really chuffed with that considering it has been AAM week (well did 5 days plus the picking yesterday)

So back onto SS properly today and lets see if we cant have another great loss next week.

Day 32

Have decided that if Im struggling to get it all in I will have my 3rd shake today rather than an AAM. I know its important to make sure I get the right nutrition and while I would obviously prefer to eat something tasty I know thats not the best thing for me.
Agree the packs are the top priority.
If I've misread this please tell me ,but it sounds like you've been exchanging your 3rd pack for your AAM. the idea is that you have both.
My TOTM is still being weird. Sorry if this is TMI.

I normally have a heavy period but it only lasts 4 days. This time I havent had a proper bleed but have been spotting for 7 days now. Its doing my head in. I feel really bloated as I normally do just before my period but that normally disappears within 24 hours of starting. Im definately not preggers and dont want to be. I dont appear to be retaining water anywhere else. Im confused??????
don't worry. It's v common for temporary dispuption in this department either increased or decreased or erratic bleeds.
Should all sort itself out shortly.

Day 33.

Am feeling much better after feeling ill the other day. Stuck to SS yesterday as I wondered if it was the food that had been making me feel ill and I feel fine now.
funny how soon you come to think of SSing as safe, home territory.
Got a Virgin Vie party to do on Friday so I might sort my kit out and make sure its looking its best.
what is one of those? Do yuo have to dress up in flowing white robes like greek plays?
also, have you stopped your AAMW?? im not allowed to say who but "someone" kinda let me know that she/he has seen Cd'ers stray and find it very difficult to go back to SS after AAMW. i know that doesnt mean everyone...but it is known to be a down fall. i personally dont see any sense in it, tbh. so i dont ever plan on doing it. There should be no problem with skipping it if allllll the nutrients/vitamins etc are in the packets already. know what i mean? again, to each their own!

i do hope you are feeling better about it all tomorrow...a new day...

take it easy![/quote]
got my teachers hat on today.
there are 2 main reasons for AAM.
1) a lesson in portion control & re-adjusting your eating habits ,but done within the safety of ketosis.
2) the regulatory bodies who oversee VLCD's recommend a max of 4 weeks without any real food.
However,if youfeel unable to do it by the book ether by the frequency of AAM or the full 7 days, you should discuss it with your gp. If he/she feels it's ok to forego AAM for a while then let your CDC know & rejig your plan with him/her.

Having said that i'm only just trained & may have got this wrong.
either way I struggled with it early on & was scared it'd derail me. My gp said how well I looked & told me to carry on as I saw fit. If I felt weak or unwell to go back to the AAM & come & see her or the practise nurse, but I felt fine,grew in confidence & never once got told I looked pale,sickly,gaunt or anything else.

hope this helps.
Day 34

Just weighed in and another 2lb gone. Im really chuffed with that considering it has been AAM week (well did 5 days plus the picking yesterday)

So back onto SS properly today and lets see if we cant have another great loss next week.
Well doen on the 2lb.
next time you cheat can you try & cheat on spinach?

you are doing really well.

First of all , Sam...
congrats_ballon.gif
on your loss, no matter how big or small! i also hope you have a "nibble-free" week!! i'm going to really apply myself as well..need to get back into total SS train of though.

and Jane! thanks for clarifying the AAM for us. it makes me feel bette about opting for the egg yesterday. i should also be on AAM this week. so i will probably take advantage and maybe had a small piece of chicken with a floret or 2 of broccoli. eating would be nice. and i do see the point with the portion control .... Thanks again!

Thanks for reply Jane,

You had misunderstood me. I have been having my 3 packs plus AAM except for that one day when I was feeling sick. After that day of feeling sick I went back to SS as I thought my tummy was struggling to cope with the packs and the food (quite remarkable considering I could quite easilly scoff a 12" pizza, garlic bread and chocolate fudge cake a month ago)

Anyway, firmly back on the SS wagon now after yesterdays slip up with a biscuit and a chicken nugget!

First of all , Sam...
congrats_ballon.gif
on your loss, no matter how big or small! i also hope you have a "nibble-free" week!! i'm going to really apply myself as well..need to get back into total SS train of though.

Thank you Dis. I am happy with the 2lb considering AAM week and TOTM troubles I have had. Am going for another 4lb this week to bring me to 2 1/2 stones. Am going to up the water and get back to the gym.

Day 36

Im not feeling very well. Dont know if its flu or what but I have had a really tight sore throat for a day or two and yesterday and this morning I have aches in my neck, chest, back - well everywhere actually, and I just feel totally shattered. THe pains in my back and neck yesterday were so bad I went straight to bed when I got in from work.

I only had one pack yesterday. I know thats bad but it was so painful to swallow that I couldnt face it. Didnt drink enough water either. maybe 1.5 litres but just spent most of the day lounging around feeling sorry for myself.

Have got to get my arse into gear this morning as the inlaws are coming tomorrow so need to tidy up! Am so not in the mood though. Just feel exhausted and sorry for myself.

I have had a pack this morning and a coffee and am on my first bottle of water but my throat is killing. Have taken paracetamol but dont think I can take anything else incase it knocks me out of ketosis.

Sorry everyone. Ive finished moaning now.

get_well_soup.gif

Hiya sam. i'm so sorry you are feeling do icky. body aches....blech indeed! thats when you know you are really coming down with more than a dore throat. so sorry hun. i think its safe to say that you shouldnt worry about the packs ... no need to force anything down your neck if you are not fit to do so. if its causing you discomfort, just take it easy! you need to get better so that you can refocus on that 2 1/2 stone mark!

Get well soon.
Reckon it's a viral thing?

day 38

Morning All, Im feeling much better now. still got sore throat but the other aches and pains seem to have gone. I did manage to SS properly on Friday and Saturday after only managing one pack on thursday.

People are starting to notice that I have lost weight now which is really nice. saw the inlaws yesterday for the first time since I started the diet and they were amazed.

we are going to stay with them for a couple of days in 2 weeks time and while I am there I am going to do 790ish. Im not thinking of it as breaking the diet as it has been planned for a while. The whole family doesnt get together very often and the meal times are a very social occasion so I want to eat and take part. Im hoping I'll have another 1/2 stone off by then.

I really have got to tackle the ironing mountain today. Its taking over the utility room. I might do it while I watch the grand prix so it doesnt feel like such a chore.

I hope the weather starts to improve. the 6 weeks holidays are going to be a nightmare if the kids are stuck indoors.

have a great day everyone

Back