Sams Diary - Back on SS

jane is a star she always has the right words to say and i found she has always been right with her advice
kaz xxx
then you've been lucky Kaz. I've known her for some time & have found her to be unreliable, disorganised & frequently misguided, thouhg I grant you she does mean well!
Day 26
managed to beat off the choc cravings with a choc tetra and had a fairly early night.
excellent!
Am hoping totm isnt going to affect WL too much as I feel like I have had a really good week and I was hoping to pass my first target of 25lb this week. I'll just have to stick to plan and hope for the best. All my clothes are feeling much looser so I know its coming off, even if it doesnt show on the scales tomorrow.
Make sure you remembet what you've written about the clothes being looser. This is actually a better proof of weight loss than th scales, & although I'm sure they'll be down by several pounds,just incase they aren't It'll be Water retention!
Hope today is a good one for everyone.
you are sounding really well & fired up.
Also, a hige well done on getting through yet another day! ((i'm finding it easier to look at this day by day...it feels more realistic and less of a dream.)) i suspect thats just me and the way my head has always thought about how i have always wanted to look, and being on another "slow" loss diet...it was a matter of "when" it was gonig to happen, etc. anyways, im rambling. the point is: Its melting off so fast from all of us. Day By Day!

i hope you have just as a wonderful day today as you did yesterday!
I agree with you Dis. Take it day by day, with getting to the next W/I without cheating as a target. Trying to contemplate the entire journey is too much,too scarey.

Day 27

Ive got my 4th weigh in today and am excited to see if I have hit my first target of 25lb. I have been really good all week, including two visits to the gym, but totm is here so who knows. I really have no idea what I have lost as I banished the bathroom scales to the top of the wardrobe a couple of weeks ago and havent used them since.

I was really suffering with terrible period pains yesterday and chocolate cravings again. Had a long soak in the bath and an early night and feel much better this morning and thankful that I didnt give in to the cravings.

Am looking forward to getting some more soups and bars today as I have only had shakes for the last 2 days. In the beginning I loved the shakes but they get a bit much I think having 3 a day.

weigh in is at 9.45 so will be back at about 10.00 to let you know how it went.

roll on 9.45!

Oh My God

I am over the moon. I have lost 9lb which takes my total to 29lb in 27 days. :bliss:

I was only expecting a pound or two as it is TOTM, so dont know if that will catch up with me next week or not.

I can only put the 9lb down to the gym visits and upping my water to around 4litres a day.

I have smashed my first target of 10% of bodyweight, and am only just over a pound away to being a 1/3 of the way to target.

Its really hard to imagine what 29lb of fat looks like, but my three year old daughter weighs 2st 5lb so I have nearly lost the equivalent of her weight.

Have had a peanut crunch bar and sparkling water to celebrate.

God I love this diet. The results are so inspiring and it gets easier every day. If anybody is reading this wondering whether to try cambridge, just do it. My only regret is that I didnt do it 10 years ago.

gvnerjgbnv.gif

girl you are on a roll
keep up the good work
2521cid255F000d01c430912524abd5e750.gif

kaz xxxx

Oh My God

I am over the moon. I have lost 9lb which takes my total to 29lb in 27 days. :bliss:
Wey hey!
excellent.
I was only expecting a pound or two as it is TOTM, so dont know if that will catch up with me next week or not.
It may do, or it may not, but, if you in with lowish expectations like you did today then the bliss of the surprise is even nicer.
I can only put the 9lb down to the gym visits and upping my water to around 4litres a day.

I have smashed my first target of 10% of bodyweight, and am only just over a pound away to being a 1/3 of the way to target.
Well doen again.
God I love this diet. The results are so inspiring and it gets easier every day. If anybody is reading this wondering whether to try cambridge, just do it. My only regret is that I didnt do it 10 years ago.
I've taken the liberty of enlarging your last para. you hoped that someone will read it & believe you & try cambridge .....Yuo're riht they should.
& it truely does get easier as you get into it's rhythm.

don't dwell on the 10yrs ago thing. It's easy to ruminate on diets that might have been. It's also possible that your head might not have been quite in the right place & you'd have fallen off at an early stage. it's equally pos that it would have worked for you just as it is now.

The importent thing is that you are on a winning course.
Keep it up!

Well done Sam that is an amazing loss this week i cant believe how much you have lost in such short time. Think i will up water and get trampette out.:) WELL DONE!!!!

Day 28

I am still on a high from yesterday.

Time for a reality check though. I have done brilliantly in my first month, so if I have a bad week I need to remember how far I have come. I cannot expect to continue to lose at the rate I have and must try not to be disappointed if I have weeks with low or zero losses.

Everybody. Please kick me up the bum if it sounds like I am going to slip and remind me of what I said here.

AAM week starts today. Got a piece of chicken out of the freezer and I think I will have a couple of spears of asparagus with it. Im going to have my meal as late as possible to reduce the urge to pick afterwards.

God, I hope I can stick to the portion sizes. I think I am going to find this week really difficult but I can only do my best. If it gets too much I'll go back onto SS.

Not much to report today really. Taking Zoe to playgroup in a bit and then need to wrap up Neils Birthday presents ready for Sunday. Its raining here at the mo but hoping it will brighten up a bit later so I can get into the garden and do a bit of tidying up.

Have a great day everyone

wow.gif

great great great
you are a star
well done
you`ll be fine on aamw
have fun enjoy and stay focused
kaz :D

Day 29

Just a quick update this morning.

I have already said in Annes diary that last night after my bath I was looking in the mirror and thinking how absolutely disgusting I look naked. Its a wonder my husband hasnt left me. Im so lucky to have his support.

It was a real eye opener to be honest as I have been thinking how much slimmer I look in my clothes now I have dropped my first two stone, and I had perhaps started to get a bit too cocky and confident.

I realised last night just how far I still have to go. I really must keep on with this diet and have willpower of steel if I want success.

It was my first AAM day yesterday. Had a little bit of chicken and asparagus at about 7pm before my bath. I didnt feel like picking last night but felt very hungry this morning. We'll see how today goes.

Have a great weekend everyone.

How did AAM day 2 go?
You sound as if you're doing really well, so you won't have any diffiulties with this will you.

:character00148: good evening sam!

just wanted to pop in to say hello and that i'm glad that you realise the potental on just how cocky and confident one can become...i was just feeling that way today when faced with a socail-eating-moment....((more of that i my diary)).

but its true, yes! even the other day, i was in total cocky mode...i kept thinking: it was easy getting nearly 2stone off...i could have just a sandwich or something and maybe get back into ketosis, it will be a cinch, etc etc etc...
but then i sat back and remembered what the first 2 days of the diet felt like! i would be totally :silly: to even think of going through that again!

as far as looking at myself in the mirror..well, i think its depressing enough looking down at my body shape when im in the shower so i dont dare look in the mirror!

someday i will buy a full length mirror...and i will love to look into it. but for now, my tiny little mirror in the loo will do!

anyways, on that note..i should be getting over to my diary...and just as i wrote in annes, i'm falling asleep at the keyboard!

oh and one more thing: i think its wonderful that your hubby is showing his support!

AAM week - Day 3

Well today is day 30, and day 3 of AAM week.

I am loving AAM week. I know some people really struggle with it, and I hope I dont end up eating my words but its fantastic to enjoy real food, and to actually taste it instead of shovelling it in.

AAM day 1 was just some chicken and 2 spears of asparagus. Dead simple but I really enjoyed it. People had warned me to be careful as my first taste of food might make me want to pick but I coped OK.

Day 2 AAM was some chicken again with a handful of lettuce and 1/2 stick celery chopped up. A bit more veg than is strictly allowed but I weighed the chicken and stuck to 50g. The book doesnt say whether it is cooked or raw weight so I took the cooked weight. Hope that was right. Actually dont even know if there is a difference between the cooked and raw weight.

Day 3 AAM. I expected today to be a real challenge as is is Neils Bday. Neil and the kids had pizza for their dinner (neils fave) and I had some delicious prawns with chilli and coriander from M&S with a handful of salad. Prawns arent strictly on the list, I know, but I had 70g and the pack said it was very low carb and fat and only about 80cals so Im not worried. It was absolutely delicious. I made the decision today that when I return to normal food I would rather pay a little bit more for quality and eat less, than just shovel all the cheap crap in that got me into this mess in the first place.

I didnt even cave and have any birthday cake which was actually a profiterole stack from M&S (my absolute fave dessert) so have given myself a pat on the back for that.

I am still stuffed from my salad even though I had it at about 3pm. I have just made my final soup as although Im not hungry I know that if i leave it any later I'll end up skipping it and I know that isnt good.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Going to have a piece of steamed cod with some brocolli. mmmmmmmm. Im going to take my measurements as well tomorrow as I have done a complete month now.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend.

thanks youve really cheered me up on day to and struggling with no food and damn water youve given me encouragement thanks

Hi tweety, thanks for reading my diary. If I can offer anyone any encouragement or motivation that makes me very proud.

it is very hard but please stick with it. Dont give in to your cravings and keep glugging the water, it really helps.

Once you get through the first week or so you will settle into a pattern and the hunger will disappear.

If you can stick to it the results are amazing. Just keep reminding yourself why you are doing this and set yourself some small goals that you can tick off along the way.

Best of luck.

Well today is day 30, and day 3 of AAM week.

I am loving AAM week. I know some people really struggle with it, and I hope I dont end up eating my words but its fantastic to enjoy real food, and to actually taste it instead of shovelling it in.
that is really really good. just what CD-AAM is designed to do.
AAM day 1 was just some chicken and 2 spears of asparagus. Dead simple but I really enjoyed it. People had warned me to be careful as my first taste of food might make me want to pick but I coped OK.

Day 2 AAM was some chicken again with a handful of lettuce and 1/2 stick celery chopped up. A bit more veg than is strictly allowed but I weighed the chicken and stuck to 50g. The book doesnt say whether it is cooked or raw weight so I took the cooked weight. Hope that was right. Actually dont even know if there is a difference between the cooked and raw weight.Well there certainly is if you deep fry it!;)

Day 3 AAM. I expected today to be a real challenge as is is Neils Bday. Neil and the kids had pizza for their dinner (neils fave) and I had some delicious prawns with chilli and coriander from M&S with a handful of salad. Prawns arent strictly on the list, I know, but I had 70g and the pack said it was very low carb and fat and only about 80cals so Im not worried. It was absolutely delicious. I made the decision today that when I return to normal food I would rather pay a little bit more for quality and eat less, than just shovel all the cheap crap in that got me into this mess in the first place.

I didnt even cave and have any birthday cake which was actually a profiterole stack from M&S (my absolute fave dessert) so have given myself a pat on the back for that.
have a pat from me too. or even a slightly presumptive hug. It was a b'day cake that caused my first & only serious deviation from SSing back in the winter (to be strictly fair it was the second glass of wine that did it,but the result was B'day cake If you see what I mean.) out of ketosis for 24 hrs. BAD.
I am still stuffed from my salad even though I had it at about 3pm. I have just made my final soup as although Im not hungry I know that if i leave it any later I'll end up skipping it and I know that isnt good.
this is fab fab fab.
Oh got a feeling the only reason prawns et al aren't on the AAM or 790 menus is their high salt content. but heck you're having such a small amount & it'll be weeks before you do it again......
Looking forward to tomorrow. Going to have a piece of steamed cod with some brocolli. mmmmmmmm. Im going to take my measurements as well tomorrow as I have done a complete month now.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend.

I'll be back for the measurements!

you are doing so well & sound as of you are really enjoying it too!

Thanks Jane, You always seem to have the right words to make me feel really proud of what I am achieving.

Just a really quick update this morning with my measurements as have got quite a bit of running round to do today.

Starting Measurements
Bust 48"
waist 45"
Hips 51"

Today after 1 month
Bust 45"
Waist 39.5"
Hips 48"

a total loss of 11.5" almost a whole foot of lard has disappeared.

Catch you all later

Back