Attack Sams Dukan Diary

oh theres so many options for that pepper.... in a salad, roasted with cherry tomatoes & garlic salt, in a pot of chilli, in a pot of bolognese, on its own :D

Calamari Provencal

Not a bad day for my final Attack one. Still feeling poorly, its turned into a right head cold with troublesome sinuses which are killing me despite popping pills that normally work very quickly.

Made gallettes for breakfast but wasn't keen, they tasted a bit too sharp and sour for my liking but I did enjoy the crispy bits left in the pan. :p

Homemade burgers with a dry fried egg for lunch and a vanilla yogurt.

Two salmon fillets, was going to have calamari with lemon and mint but it hadn't defrosted in time.

Can't wait for the calamari Provencal tomorrow, recipe from the Dukan book.

Oh and another 0.6kg loss.

Last edited:
Hi Sam :)

Hope you're having a good weekend, well done for having a go at the galette, now you're on cruise rations of oatbran and can include wheat bran in your diet, perhaps you could give the muffins a go? I find them more filling than the galette, easier to cook and taste better too :) xx

alottolose said:
Hi Sam :)

Hope you're having a good weekend, well done for having a go at the galette, now you're on cruise rations of oatbran and can include wheat bran in your diet, perhaps you could give the muffins a go? I find them more filling than the galette, easier to cook and taste better too :) xx

Yeah alotolose i thinl muffins are much more filling, and variations unlimited x

I now weigh 191.62lbs or 87.1kg :D

Was going to start just weighing on a Monday but I have decided to keep weighing every day so that I can get to know the effect that different foods have on my weight loss.

PP day today.

Alottolose didn't realise I could have wheatbran as well as oatbran now, I must have missed that or maybe its not in my book. I paid £4 for it from The Works so maybe its not the up to date version.

Will defo give the muffins a try. I was on one of the other forums lurking last night and came across a meringue recipe so I made it, only made with cream of tartar and sweetener - yucky :jelous: it tasted like i had made it with salt. Can only guess that its the cream of tartar, really really disgusting but will certainly try out the muffins.

Last edited:
wheatbran wasn't previously a tolerated back when myself and a few of the girls first started out (I've been hereposting here since 2010) so we don't count it as such.

I think these days they try and advise it to be used as a tolerated so the "only if not stalling" rule comes into play, it's rationed at 1tablespoon per day but really helps bulk out the muffin recipe and can be helpful with "transit issues".

I used to buy the Jordan's brand of wheat bran but can't find in the local supermarkets in sheffield, so if you do find any - let me know :D

Was tempted to have a go at the meringues myself, how much cream of tartar did you use, think from memory it's like 1/8 of a teaspoon....so like the tiniest tip. I know a lot of the low carb girls have had to experiment with sweeteners to get a meringue that tastes anything like normal...like most things on the diet - it's trial and error :) x

I get my wheatbran from Holland and Barrett x

wheatbran wasn't previously a tolerated back when myself and a few of the girls first started out (I've been hereposting here since 2010) so we don't count it as such.

I think these days they try and advise it to be used as a tolerated so the "only if not stalling" rule comes into play, it's rationed at 1tablespoon per day but really helps bulk out the muffin recipe and can be helpful with "transit issues".

I used to buy the Jordan's brand of wheat bran but can't find in the local supermarkets in sheffield, so if you do find any - let me know :D

Was tempted to have a go at the meringues myself, how much cream of tartar did you use, think from memory it's like 1/8 of a teaspoon....so like the tiniest tip. I know a lot of the low carb girls have had to experiment with sweeteners to get a meringue that tastes anything like normal...like most things on the diet - it's trial and error :) x

Waitrose sell Jordans wheatgerm, I saw it earlier. I get my oatbran from Holland and Barrett as its just around from work.

Had a bit of a rubbish day today. Poorly again and showed my breakfast to the toilet this morning (sorry TMI!), was supposed to be a PP day and i had real cravings for Fancie cupcake (these were a bit of an obsession for me, my cupboard is full of the plastic cartons they sell a single one in) and haven't really been eating much so I cheated and had a big bowl of bolognese which had tomatoes, onions, peppers and mushrooms in it so it was a bit of a PV day really but better than the cupcake!

Had the chicken dipped in egg and oatbran for tea, yummy, but I did have a smidgen of ketchup (low salt low sugar) with it.:eek:

Zackat those chicken nuggets......I'm having myself some of those asap x

Is it Jordan's wheat bran or germ?......at Waitrose? Instore?....will have to get myself to town and have a look tomorrow :) - thanks for that hun, I get oat bran at tesco or sainbury's but the wheatbran is elusive :) x

Is it Jordan's wheat bran or germ?......at Waitrose? Instore?....will have to get myself to town and have a look tomorrow :) - thanks for that hun, I get oat bran at tesco or sainbury's but the wheatbran is elusive :) x

I'm sure it's wheatgerm, that's what you wanted isn't it? Looking back we seem to have discussed wheatbran and wheatgerm, not sure if they are the same. I have to pop down this morning let me check so you don't have a wasted visit.

Last edited:
yeah it's wheatbran we need on dukan :) not sure at all about germ...but I stick by the rule if it's not in the book or on the tolerated list, I don't buy it :) x

It's ok, I'm baking without it at the moment, had a few tummy issues so adding wheat back mightn't be a good idea anyways :) thanks for looking though, beautiful day in Yorkshire today isn't it? :) x

Its been stunning, really really warm. I saw Jordans wheatBRAN ;) in Holland and Barratt today, 89p. Went in for my oatbran but they didn't have any, went to Crystal Peaks after work but forgot to go in for the oatbran :confused:

I need to go to Sainsbury's CP as I'm low on oat bran.... it's ellusive stuff :) running low after working my way through 3 bags this year :)

Seems like I'll need to pay a trip to holland and barrett (as the supermarkets have stopped stocking bran :() at some stage - mind you I've managed so far without wheatbran in the recipes so maybe leave it for a while.

Lovely day again, wish it'd stay like this :) off out for a walk again this evening and am lovin' the fresh air, managed to catch sight of some bats late last night, that was an unexpected encounter :)

hope you had a good day hun x

Zakcat my natural wheat bran from holland and barrett was Neals yard wholefoods 750g at £1.25 bargin going to last ages, x

Back