Sandra's disappointing 9th week weigh-in....

SandraB

Gold Member
Only lost a measly pound this week so am well pi88ed off!

I've been looking to see what I've done differently, been out a few times so took an Exante bar (at least 4 occassions) and had 3 diet cokes this week....is that enough to make a difference? Also have started taking arnica pills in preparation for my op and have realised that they are made of sucrose! I'm taking quite a few so I wonder if they can have a difference? at this level of carbs it's difficult to know.....haven't had any proper food like scramble eggs or anything other than tfr this week......at this rate I'm not going to get down to 11 stone before my op:(

Help:sigh:

Hi Sandra
Sorry you're disappointed with the weight loss this week, but , on the bright side a loss is a loss and you might do much better next week. I only lost 2lbs this week also and I killed myself in gym all week, so I know how disappointing it is - even more so in your case cause you have a goal that's putting you under a bit of pressure. Why not try the ketostix to put your mind at ease and see if the medication has so much sucrose it's taking you out of ketosis, at least your mind will be at ease. It could be fluid retention or something else entirely and you may only need to drink more water. And more importantly keep your chin up and don't let it put you off, you've not much longer now and you could do very well next week.

Ahhh hun, sorry to hear that. I know it's disappointing. I was gutted last week with my 2! Bet it picks up for you this week again though. You are getting so close now to a healthy BMI, a lb is actually very good! You could check your ketones (if not already) as diet coke has citric acid in, so that'll prob kick you out of fat burning mode. Exante bars are a little higher in carbs too, so maybe the combo of those and diet coke did it? I don't know :-/ Stick at it this week though hun and try not to be down for too long, as I bet next week is a good one :)

xx

(((big hugs hunni)))

It isn't nice to not lose as you would like to.. I read your other post about you coming to the end of your time on LT.. If it no longer suits you (and Paul, because you should take his feelings/opinions into account too) and the decreasing weight loss does not inspire you any more, then maybe it is time for you to move on (not off here though cos i would miss you too much).. You really don't have too much to lose, and maybe that, coupled with your "diversions" from the LT plan, have either slowed your losses, or taken you out of ketosis....
Whatever happens hun, you (more than most of us) have a health issue that needs you to be in the best place possible weight-wise... That really should be forefront of your mind, as until you have fully recovered, that is the most important consideration...
Good luck with whatever you decide x x x

Thanks guys.....

Really, really down at the moment....pain is just getting to be too much, don't often have a decent nights sleep (not without serious amounts of drugs) and really just don't know what to do for the best.

I honestly believe that I could stick this out if it wasn't for the op coming up and the fact that I'm now beyond depressed.....I sound such a misery and that's cos I am.

I guess that I shouldn't have gone out then I could have stuck with just LT but TBH I didn't have anything different this week apart from the cokes and the pills. But I'm so conscious of the fact that I'm going to miss out on everything this Xmas cos of not being able to go places. Can't drive for a couple of months and we live in the middle of nowhere. Paul is in the process of buying another company so I barely see him these days.

I'm taking advice from the guys on the Dukan site........and will then decide what to do.

Got to go out tonight, it's my sister's birthday and we're going round to hers for a Chinese, not me of course......

A demain mes amis x

Awww hun, not sleeping and being in pain all the time are both things on their own that will make you feel low. You're getting a double whammy! :( Plus, maybe the lack of decent sleep has hampered your weight loss. Don't we release some sort of hormone when we sleep that helps with this sort of thing? I'm sure we do. I know it's not easy hun, but try and focus on some positives as it's so easy to keep spiralling and 'feeding' a low mood. Give yourself a break, let it out here or wherever when you need to, and be kind to yourself ((hugs)) xx

Cheers Jayne.....spent the evening around at my sister's. She's got a really debilitating chronic spinal problem which can't be cured by anything ......so in comparison I realised just how fortunate I am.

So, misery over......onwards and upwards!

Dunno about not sleeping hampering my weight loss but it sure does make you feel rough....x

:553: I really want to give you a big hug Sandra, this time just seems so tough for you, there are so many things you have to deal with, I am in awe of your strength..and it obviously runs in your family, your sister sounds just as strong. I really hope you are having a good sleep right now, xxx

Its still progression.
I think a pound in a week is amazing, you must be used to losing more in a week. Its normal for your body to do this but i bet next week Sandra, you will get back on track.

Ps: A pound lost in weight shows on your body,thats a fact and if it shows that what matters most.

Thanks guys......and guess what? I was another lb down this morning so back on track! Had a really good night's sleep and didn't even get up when Paul went to work....stayed in bed until 10 with the cats! Feel great today and have just been tidying up the garden.

Off to London tomorrow to see Peter Kay and we're really looking forward to it. You're right about the pounds showing Cat, my sister hadn't seen me for about a month and she was gobsmacked! I've got loads of things that I can now wear this weekend that haven't fitted for about 3 years....even some pretty sexy, racy red undies!!! Got Smithfield's steak house booked for Saturday night (I've looked at the menu and I'm going to have smoked salmon, if I have a starter? and either a fillet steak or chargrilled chicken with a rocket and parmesan salad. Hey, might even go totally mad and have a glass of wine....we'll have to see! Going to do Convent Garden tomorrow afternoon and Greenwich village market on Saturday.

Thanks soooo much for your support, yesterday WAS a really bad today but the sun is shining today and all's well with the World:D

Hope you have a good time away Sandra :) xx

Have a great time huni xx

Back