Sandra's maintenance diary.....

Jaeger ... had to look that up, never heard of it. I instantly thought of Jaeger bombs the alcoholic drink ... hope you didn't spend £300 on that they wouldnt have understood all your slurring!! :giggle:

Lol! No I spent it on a dress, Jaeger is a fashion brand! £300 on drink.....I'd probably be dead not just slurring!

£300 on one dress?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: holy moly I could get myself a whole new wardrobe for that!! LOL

AND some clothes to put in it!! :giggle: :p xx

:rotflmao: x

Well done Sandra on the size 12 Jaeger. I have a lovely Jaeger cerise coat I got last Spring. I love it, I get compliments all the time.

You guys are so cheap! I could hardly give a presentation to a bunch of guys (one of whom was a personal adviser to Ronald Regan) in something from Primark, now could I? Be serious.........added to which my pay rise will pay for dozens of new frocks so it was an investment!

Molly, Jaeger is my favourite for work clothes, I try and buy a couple of pieces every season, preferably in the sales! I'm still wearing dresses that are 10 years old!

Well you could be darned sure those people wouldn't recognise a Primark frock!!
Glad you can afford the things you feel you need hon :) ... fyi you won't make a lot of friends calling them 'cheap' ;) .. knowing you don't need us as friends and hoping you didn't mean that the way it sounded xx

Sorry, Jan, cheap wasn't meant to be insulting......good thinking about Primark though but Jersey doesn't even have one. Remember I haven't always been so fortunate and the last couple of years I've lived in trackies, holey ones at that, so it's a real treat to buy lovely clothes again. TBH it's one of the reasons that I'm determined to stay slim, there was no incentive for the last couple of years and nothing to dress up for!

Oh Sandra i'm disspointed at the cheap comment - I expected more from someone like you. I'm glad Jan got in the reply first as there is no doubt my reply wouldnt have been so polite :mad:

They DEFFO wouldn't recognise a Primark frock then! ;) ... I'm reminded of my sister who held very prestigious positions in the head offices of Littlewoods, Mothercare and Woolworths during her working life (and I assure you the fact that only one of them is still in business has nothing to do with her! ;)) but she would do all of her clothes shopping in Primark, Bon Marche and Peacocks because she could be absolutely sure that no-one she worked with would ever sport the same clobber and she would always get compliments and enquiries as to where she got the fab clothes (don't think she ever told the truth though ;))

Horses for courses - whatever works for you xx

Chill for christ's sakes, do I have to worry about every little remark and how it's going to be received....I thought that we WERE supposed to be friends?

I thought that over the past 8 months or so that I've been a regular on this forum that you'd have a reasonable idea as to when I'm serious or not? I'm sorry if any of my comments have been deemed as insulting, they certainly weren't intended as such. I don't see why, however, I need to apologise for being able to afford a nice lifestyle. Yes I'm fortunate but I've worked for every penny, I grew up without even hot water or a toilet in the house so why shouldn't I enjoy the fact that I've now got about a dozen bathrooms to choose from (can't be arsed to count them- oh dear, how dreadful) or the fact that I can now afford designer when I used to only wear hand-me-downs......

The words 'get a life' spring to mind.....doubtless that'll be taken as patronising too?

Good night.....

Sandra, Sandra, Sandra!!! :sigh: You don't need to apologise for having such a lavish lifestyle but when you insult us, whether you meant to or not its going to get our backs up.

And you being a regular around here? Nah, sorry but you're not. You used to be when you didn't have you new fabulous job, which by the way we were all pleased for you that you got. You now come on when you can be bothered, you write about your life in not only your diary but others too. I think I speak for a couple of us when I say sometimes you're comments are just not needed - primark? Seriously there is nothing wrong with primark. Half of my wardrobe is primark. Lisa went and bought a whole new wardrobe in primark the other day.

We've nothing against you for having a decent life for yourself, its admirable that you've gone from not having hot water when younger to where you are now but sometimes just think about the comments you make.

Sandra I dont think anyone expects you to apologise for your lifestyle at all, you have an excellent lifestyle.....that you adore.........and others adore their lifestyle.

Calling people cheap meaning it in a bad way or not will offend. Some people whether they can afford it or not just wouldnt justify spending X amount on clothes.........but each to their own and all that.

Surely this should be were we can all come and be ourselves and not bicker?

Unfortunately the written word is no match for being face to face or hearing a persons tone, which I think is what happend here. x

Last edited:
Ooops! Nerves have obviously been touched - undoubtedly not deliberately but touched nevertheless.

"do I have to worry about every little remark and how it's going to be received..." actually yes .... I certainly do, which is why I use a lot of smileys to set the mood rather than leave the interpretation of my comments to chance. And I - for one - haven't a clue when you're serious and when you're joking (I accept this is may be a failing of my interpretation) but I try always to go with the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps we should just all try to be a little more aware of .. and sensitive to, other people's situations and points of view? When they are worlds apart they can easily be misunderstood or taken the wrong way.

I have to say it's difficult not to see derogatory comments about the shops most of us clothe ourselves from as insulting. Maybe we should try to see it as sad rather than bad?

I'm not sure coming back with 'Chill for Christ's sake' is particularly constructive or helpful but there we are.

Lets try not to fall out in any case :eek: x

Emma there is no 'like' choice on your post or it would be 'liked' :) xx

I agree with Emma's sentiment.

""Surely this should be were we can all come and be ourselves and not bicker?

Unfortunately the written word is no match for being face to face or hearing a persons tone, which I think is what happend here. ""
Tone is exactly what is missing in electronic messaging. Personally, as Jan said, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
I'm sure Sandra did not intend a direct insult to anyone. Her first message conveyed to me more of an excitement at getting a size 12 as the brand is unforgiving on size. I'm also sure no hurt was intended by the responses.

I take everyone at face value on this site, different lives, different backgrounds, different ambitions, different weight loss journeys etc etc. We all share one goal, to lose weight and to maintain that loss. In that we are here to support one another.
Minimins is a forum for supporting one another however frequently or infrequently we may need it.
Let's not fall out, life is too short for that.

Please accept my apologies again as I clearly caused offence when none was intended. It's clear however that I really don't belong on here so I'll just say au revoir and move on. Thank you everyone for your support in the past, I'm sure that I'll manage fine as I never really had a weight problem for long (certainly not when I didn't have health problems and a disability) and I've been able to maintain to within a few pounds since November. I'm sorry that I haven't found time to be on here more since I started work but I work 10 hour days now and most weekends I'm away and don't have computer access so it's just not possible.......

In any event, as someone pointed out, we're not really friends so there's no point in pretending otherwise. I could ***** back but what's the point? I refuse to lower myself.

So thanks again and good luck with the battle of the bulge x

Sandra, I for one, would be saddened to see you cease posting on the forum. Your contributions to threads across the board have been supportive or kick up the ass as you deemed necessary, often generating plenty of debate.
Everyone does not have to agree with each others views but each has a right to their own viewpoint. So, I hope you will remain on board. Xxx

Back