sandwiches HEb

wobblyone

Good evening,

I am a tad confused.

Healthy Extra Bs state that one HEb is two slices of nimble or 400gm loaf etc. So why does it say everywhere that if you buy a take out sandwich from a supermarket etc does it say to use the bread as your HEb? Surely this is more than a HEb allows? If it means to take it as two HEbs, how does that work on EE? It's not very clear and a bit misleading..

Thanks in advance
Tracy :)

It means that if the bread is wholemeal - most are malted rather than wholemeal and so don't count - then you can take 6 syns off the total as that is the equivalent of most healthy extras :)

Thanks for your reply :)

Surely that means that I can make my normal sandwiches from a 800g wholemeal loaf which is what shop bought sandwiches (if wholemeal) would use? Why does it say only nimble size or from a 400g loaf for HEb when the shop bought ones are clearly from a 800g loaf?

Tx

You could make your sandwich with the 2 slices from the wholemeal warburtons 800g loaf which would be 4.5 syns a slice (9 syns in total) then take you 6 HEB syns away and have a nice big sandwich (filled with superfree and free foods) for just 3 syns.

Thanks for your reply :)

Surely that means that I can make my normal sandwiches from a 800g wholemeal loaf which is what shop bought sandwiches (if wholemeal) would use? Why does it say only nimble size or from a 400g loaf for HEb when the shop bought ones are clearly from a 800g loaf?

Tx

It doesn't say that though.. You can have 60g of any wholemeal bread for your HEB. You can use any size of bread. I use two slices of 800g bread and syn anything over the 60g allowance - that's exactly what is happening with the sandwiches too :)

Ohhhhh I get it!! Sorry, had it in my head that one slice of bread from an 800g loaf was equal to one HEb!! Makes far more sense now - thank you muchly for your replies

Tx

It is a bit of a pain that a HEB would be around 1.5 slices of bread from a 800g loaf... Who could ONLY eat half a slice of toast... Not me!

Back