Sarah’s Diary

MrsE13

I hate how I look right now. I’m 17stone 10lbs. I wear a size 18 and I’m 5ft 9. I’m quite active and have 2 children. I’m not sure if that’s why I don’t feel the side effects of being obese. I’ve bags of energy, don’t get out of breath etc. I just feel embarrassed and I’m forever hiding in baggy clothes.

Started Exante yesterday
Breakfast - peanut butter bar
Lunch - cottage pie
Dinner - vanilla shake

I had water and black coffee. Husband made me a coffee with dash of milk in the evening and I did drink it oops.

I’m starving....hate that feeling. Just got to stick it out and hopefully it will pass.

Starting Weight - 248 lbs
Day 2 - 244lbs wow - started period today
Day 3 -
Day 4 -
Day 5 -
Day 6 -
Day 7 -

I plan to weigh daily until I’m a few weeks in. Then i’ll switch to weekly.

Hi Sarah
I am a bit of a lurker on this site and have been since Feb this year when I started Exante TS. I could not have stayed so dedicated if it hadn't been for the amazing people on this site. I lost 4 1/2 stone from then until July this year. I manage to go to Florida on holiday (where I stayed low carb) I put on 5lbs on holiday - went back on shakes for a week and lost this. Unbelievably we are now in September and I have lost 2 more pounds on low card keto diet. I am now a size 12 after being overweight for about 10 years. I feel happy and at the moment appear to have my bad habits under control. I wish you all the best and stick with it. My best piece of advice is not to cheat as it makes life far more difficult. Good luck and hope this helps x pam

I have started reducing carbs a lot and using Exante shakes for two meals a day since September 1st. What brave posts some of you write! How's it going MrsE13? Are you managing to keep on track? And Pamc! You've done so well. I would love to wear my size 12 clothes again.

You can do this!

I know what you mean about that starving feeling, its just the worst isn't it!

Swear I couldn't get to sleep last night for the noises my stomach was making :classic_eek:

I second what Pamc says about this site, I love it and everyone is great on here.

Good luck!

Dxxx

Welcome MrsE and very good luck on your journey. Stick through the first few days and im certain you'll start seeing all the precious rewards of this diet as crazy as it may seem at start. Well done on your first day!

Hi Sarah
I am a bit of a lurker on this site and have been since Feb this year when I started Exante TS. I could not have stayed so dedicated if it hadn't been for the amazing people on this site. I lost 4 1/2 stone from then until July this year. I manage to go to Florida on holiday (where I stayed low carb) I put on 5lbs on holiday - went back on shakes for a week and lost this. Unbelievably we are now in September and I have lost 2 more pounds on low card keto diet. I am now a size 12 after being overweight for about 10 years. I feel happy and at the moment appear to have my bad habits under control. I wish you all the best and stick with it. My best piece of advice is not to cheat as it makes life far more difficult. Good luck and hope this helps x pam

Wow what an inspiration. Holidays are always difficult to stay on track food wise. I’ve always found I lose when I go away from all the walking but it’s a different thing being vlcd are your bound to gain some back due to the change. Well done for doing so well.

I have started reducing carbs a lot and using Exante shakes for two meals a day since September 1st. What brave posts some of you write! How's it going MrsE13? Are you managing to keep on track? And Pamc! You've done so well. I would love to wear my size 12 clothes again.
So far so good 2 days done. Which shakes would you recommend?

You can do this!

I know what you mean about that starving feeling, its just the worst isn't it!

Swear I couldn't get to sleep last night for the noises my stomach was making :classic_eek:

I second what Pamc says about this site, I love it and everyone is great on here.

Good luck!

Dxxx
I’ve been trying to drink water and hide the hunger. I find I’m only hungry when I’m not busy though....

Welcome MrsE and very good luck on your journey. Stick through the first few days and im certain you'll start seeing all the precious rewards of this diet as crazy as it may seem at start. Well done on your first day!

Thanks XX

Thanks to you all....hoping to find some other members to follow.....weekends are always hectic, which is why I started yesterday.

Day 2 done.....managed to make gammon salad, potato’s etc for dinner tonight without even stealing 1 bite. The gravy smell was making me hungry ier so had a bobtail stock and it helped.

Cookie/blackBeanPot/Frappe Shake (with loads of ice) and a shot of Nespresso

Wow what an inspiration. Holidays are always difficult to stay on track food wise. I’ve always found I lose when I go away from all the walking but it’s a different thing being vlcd are your bound to gain some back due to the change. Well done for doing so well.

So far so good 2 days done. Which shakes would you recommend?

I’ve been trying to drink water and hide the hunger. I find I’m only hungry when I’m not busy though....

Thanks XX
Shake wise i think, from my time on this site, it really depends on how sweet/savoury your taste buds are and beyond that...what you actually like and letting curiosity flow! I personally like the white chocolate and raspberry, vanilla and the vanilla &almond espec when i pour some of my americano in them in the morning (like them without it tho also), like strawberry, coconut...not tried honeycomb as i dont like that in"real food" so i was apprehensive....chocolates based ones are nice but im not a chocolate person generally as sweet things go (give me vanilla, cream, fruit any day!). Test and see depending on what you know you like i guess.... What i said here are indeed my favorites and all work with coffee (tried it!) if you're into that.

Last edited:
Ps. Chocolate orange is really nice but i dont personally like that as much as white chocolate in real foods either. So i think if you're a fan on choc orange type stuff you're gonna like the shakes exante do. I can take it or leave it just as the normal chocolate on the market.... But i got my partener to try it (who is a lot more chocolatey than me) and he liked it quite a bit (had to steal it back from him as it was an only meal for me :/)

Thanks to you all....hoping to find some other members to follow.....weekends are always hectic, which is why I started yesterday.

Day 2 done.....managed to make gammon salad, potato’s etc for dinner tonight without even stealing 1 bite. The gravy smell was making me hungry ier so had a bobtail stock and it helped.

Cookie/blackBeanPot/Frappe Shake (with loads of ice) and a shot of Nespresso
Yeah. Initially it's gonna be hard. Gammon salad sound ace! Potatoes - was addicted to them. And bread... The wish for any is gonna tamper, honest. All I've read here (and my experience now) i honestly don't care anymore. And i find this...flabbergasting.... Gravy... I was asked of i dont like it at a social event when just starting on this (early days for me, but still sort of was...."oh, if only..., no diet..."). Today... I had gravy in front of me. Honest - if its not done from real meat drippings with actual boiled veg water, without flour (the fat will keep it together if you cooke it well), no thanks. Im thinking - ill have a dinner party and do my own honest thing when i choose to have extra. Ps. Im now on Man Plan. I wouldn't do it on TS at all until comfortable!

Yeah. Initially it's gonna be hard. Gammon salad sound ace! Potatoes - was addicted to them. And bread... The wish for any is gonna tamper, honest. All I've read here (and my experience now) i honestly don't care anymore. And i find this...flabbergasting.... Gravy... I was asked of i dont like it at a social event when just starting on this (early days for me, but still sort of was...."oh, if only..., no diet..."). Today... I had gravy in front of me. Honest - if its not done from real meat drippings with actual boiled veg water, without flour (the fat will keep it together if you cooke it well), no thanks. Im thinking - ill have a dinner party and do my own honest thing when i choose to have extra. Ps. Im now on Man Plan. I wouldn't do it on TS at all until comfortable!
Man plan is something I’m thinking about, I want to see how I cope this week. I have a Fitbit and walk 15k+ Steps each day, just with the school run, running around after my toddler. So I don’t actually exercise but the steps make me fairly active.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I ordered 2 weeks worth for £35 and got a wide selection, mainly the low sugar shakes. So i’ll see where my taste books take me for the next order. But I got 1 bar, 1 meal and 1 shake per day. Love the bars.

Day 2 on my period today, I felt like I dropped some bloat, but I can feel it back today. Dropped another lb on the scale though yay

Omg today is such a struggle.
I just want to eat real food. Maybe because it’s a normal day and i’m Not busy...

Any of you add anything to a hot drink? I think perhaps that would help fill a gap but I’m not keen on black coffee or tea. Unless it’s a Nespresso shot

I’m really struggling. A little
Sleep deprived, full on period, 1 yr old is being a monkey and I’m starving. I’ve already done 16 thousand steps today. I’m struggling to cope with 3 packs a day. I’ve heard it gets easier.....
Waiting patiently

Why not add an extra bar or shake a day, MrsE13? You seem to be very active so will still burn up the calories. When I am very hungry I have a glass of water and small piece of cheese.

I didn’t think about a small low carb extra like cheese. That’s a thought.
I just had a shower, joy of kids.....having a shower once they are in bed. I am 7lbs down at the end of day 3. That’s an evening weight too....I think I weigh less in the morning. So that’s motivation to keep moving forward. Think I’m going to have a large black coffee and sip away while I work this evening! Determined to do this!!!

Also I might add, I wrote the above messages wrong. I’m not hungry at all. I don’t have hunger pains. It’s cravings....I’m just craving what I can’t have.

@Starwarbler @Pamc @Dolly Rocker @Alecto_on_LCD

Would love to follow you all, I'm a bit rubbish at finding your diaries. If you share the link that would be fab.
I'm not lazy honest, it wont let me view your profiles lol
I'm pretty new here too. I think that you have to have made a certain number of posts before you become a full member and are able to see profiles but I'm not too sure. I'll see if I can find a link to my diary.

Day 4

Woke, had a coffee, no hunger wooooohoooo! So going to try have that first pack later, perhaps 10am and hopefully that will help.

Day 4 weight loss ——8 lbs
Can you believe it. I feel like that’s great motivation to keep going. Imagine if I get to 10lbs loss after week 1!!!!!! That would be amazing. Really didn’t expect it.

Back