Sarah newbie going it alone!

What an amazing birthday weekend!

Oops, I really did let myself go this weekend.

First of all I couldn't WI as the Boots scales were broken - aagh!
Then Saturday consisted of a Greggs pasty for breakfast, thai fishcake and chips for lunch, a 2 course dinner and half a small cheeseboard for dinner, as well as wine, champagne, more wine and a martini!

Then Sunday I couldn't stick to the 'healthy' hotel breakfast so ended up having a yummy little pastry, some french bread, salami and cheese (as well as all the stuff which wasn't so bad!)
Then day continued with ice-cream, wine and crisps, then pizza and garlic bread for tea.

Ok... so I over-indulged a bit. At least I had an amazing time and I can get back on track this week!

Got to be good this week

Monday 8th March - Green
Haven't got much fresh food in the house after being away all weekend, so having to do green days with what I've got in...

Breakfast: 2 small wholemeal (HexB) with 2 Laughing Cow xtra light (half HexA) and sliced tomato
Lunch: Weightwatchers meditteranian pasta (1.5syns)
Dinner: SF Quorn Bolognese with linguini, parmesan (HexA) and a toasted garlic wholemeal bread roll (HexB)
Snacks: Vanilla mullerlight, half a large pack Tesco sushi (2.5syns), milk for coffee (half HexA) and Orange Options (2syns)

Total Syns: 6

Tuesday 9th March - Green

Breakfast: 2 small wholemeal (HexB) with 2 LC xtra light (half HexA) and sliced tomatoes

Lunch: Batchelors chicken rice with peppers, spring onions, cucumber

Dinner: Quorn chilli made using bolognese from last night, with chickpeas (don't have any kidney beans) and lots of chilli and cumin, served with rice, potato wedges, natural yoghurt and 28g cheddar (HexA)

Snacks: Carrot sticks, Toffee mullerlight, pear, apple, banana. Might make some jelly tonight too...

Right time to 'start again'

Very over-indulgent Easter means I feel like I've put it all back on again - but I'm too scared to weigh myself at the mo as don't want to know if I have!
So I'm starting again 100% this week (that's the plan anyway!)

Wednesday 7th April - Green
Breakfast:
Tinned tomatoes, 2 Quorn sausages and 2 hard boiled eggs with 2 small wholemeal toast (B) and 1 tsp Flora light - 1 syn

Lunch:
Jacket potato with beans

Dinner:
Quorn chilli, steamed rice and sauteed potatoes with olive oil (B) and 42g low fat Cathedral City (A)

Snacks/Syns/Drinks:
Banana, Cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, fruit salad, milk for coffee (A) and 2 Kinder Schoko-Bons (??? - guessing 2 syns each??)

Total Syns: 5 :D

Wednesday 8th April - Green

Breakfast:
Quorn sausage toasted sandwich - 2 small wholemeal (HexB) and 1 tbsp brown sauce - 1 syn

Lunch:
Pasta salad with 42g Low Fat cathedral city (HexA) and 2 tbsp Extra light salad cream - 2 syns

Dinner:
Veggie egg fried rice with mushrooms, spring onions, ginger, garlic, carrots and green beans, 5 spice, soy sauce and eggs

Snacks/Extras: Banana, Fruit salad (apple, melon, grapes), carrot sticks, milk for coffee (HexB), Kinder Schoko-Bon (2 syns??)

Last edited:
Thursday 8th April - Green
Breakfast: Toasted Quorn sausage sandwich made with 2 small slices wholemeal (HexB) and 1tbsp ketchup - 1 syn

Lunch: Pasta salad made with onion, 42g LF Cathedral City (Hex B) and salad and 2tbsp Heinz extra light salad cream - 2 syns

Dinner: Egg fried rice made with garlic, ginger, chilli, spring onion, mushroom, carrot and green beans, finished off with beaten egg and soy sauce.

Snacks & Syns: Fruit salad, carrot sticks, 1 Kinder Schoko Bon (2 syns???), jelly made with strawberries and grapes and small scoop ice cream (worked out about 3 syns and yes I did weigh the ice cream scoop!!)

Total Syns: 8

Friday 9th April - EE
Breakfast: Bacon and cheese (HexA) omelette and ketchup - 1 syn

Lunch: Jacket potato with vegetable chilli (1syn as used a bit of oil when I made the original chilli recipe)

Dinner: Peppered steak served with sauteed potatoes in olive oil (Hex B) and a mushroom sauce made with some LF creme fraiche (1.5 syns), garlic and some wine

Snacks / Syns: Well today was not a good day. Sun was shining and making me do naughty things so ended up consuming a bottle of wine as well as several naughty snacks because by then I didn't care

Total Syns for the day - approx 55 syns!!!

First BBQ of the year!

Saturday 10th April - EE
Well firstly I dared to weigh myself for the first time in about a month and... I'd only put on 2lbs! I'm so shocked, I've had a really bad couple of weeks and was so scared I'd put it all back on. This has given me the spur to work really hard now to keep losing... but then again I did have a bit of an off day today

Brunch after shopping: S&S mugshot - first time I'd tried these - they're absolutely DELISH

Very Late Lunch: BBQ, I made:
Burgers from xtra lean beef mince, paprika, cumin, chilli flakes and some egg to bind with a crusty wholemeal roll (Hex B) some cheese (prob about 4 syns) and salad
Tesco light choice Cumberland sausages (2 syns)
Skinless drumsticks marinated in yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice, mint and chilli
New Potatoes
Batchelors Mexican rice

All in all very nice.
Trouble is was accompanied first with half a bottle of Prosecco which was a birthday present I hadn't drunk yet - (13.5 syns) then we went through a couple of jugs of vodka lime and soda - absolutely delish!

Then for supper which strictly speaking means I've had too many Hex's - Beans on 2 small slices wholemeal with the leftover sausages and some cheese

Oops another naughty day racking up prob just under 40 syns - oh dear.

Never mind back to it tomorrow and more sunshine :flirt2:

Sunday 11th April - EE
Breakfast: Omelette with ham, red onion and tomato

Snacks: Tomato and herb mugshot, S&S Mugshot (think I am officially addicted!!), Hartleys jelly pot (0.5), French Fries (4)

Dinner:
Starter: Potato and carrot fritters with a mint yoghurt from 30 Minute Feasts book.
Main: Spaghetti Bolognese made with xtra lean beef mince, passatta, carrots, mushrooms onion and garlic with 1tbsp parmesan (1.5 syns)
Dessert: Rice pudding (some HexA and 4 syns)

Total Syns: 10

Last edited:
Thanks Loopeylou - I just can't resist when the sun comes out and that nice glass of chilled wine comes calling. Luckily as I don't do it too often it doesn't have too much of a detrimental affect to my weight-loss, although I would probably lose more without it, but hey life is worth living!
x

Another week and the sun is shining!!

Monday 12th April - Green
Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal (HexB) with beans and 'fried egg'

Lunch: Pasta salad with new potatoes, red onion, rocket and Low fat cheddar (HexA)

Dinner: spicy pilaf out of the new magazine - basically rice booked with spices and veg, served with a mint yoghurt and a few SW chips - quite nice! Halved the recipe though and was far too much for 2.
Pudding - made some mousse from a recipe on here - strawberry LF jelly made with vanilla muller light. Was quite nice but OH absolutely LOVED it so will definately be making more! Was kinda like blamounge but with a nicer flavour (0.5 syns).

Snacks: Banana, Alpen Light (Half HexB), also had to eat one of the mini quiches I made for Tuesday's lunch (est 1 syn for the ham), 5 M&S seriously strong mints (0.5 syns)

Plus walked around town for an hour at lunch which was really refreshing - will do more of this

Total Syns: 2

Last edited:
Tuesday 13th April - Original

Eek - I'm not great at original days as I love my carbs but thought I'd start giving them a go.

Breakfast: Omelette with LF cheddar (HexA), red onion and tomatoes

Lunch: Chicken salad sandwich with 2 small wholemeal (HexB) and a smidgen of xtra light mayo (0.5 syns)
Syn free mini ham quiches - DELISH

Dinner: Beef meatloaf. Made it with xtra lean mince, grated carrot and onion, some passatta, a few herbs and spices and an egg to bind. Was really really yummy will def make that again. Plus 2 tbsp HP sauce (2syns)
Served with new potatoes (HexB), carrots, green beans and baby corn

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HexA), Carrot sticks, banana, After Eight mint straw (1 syn), some chicken slices, Blue Ribband choc bar (5.5)

Total syns: 9

Last edited:
Love your food, its the kind of stuff I love to eat, my son absolutely loves meatloaf and always asking me to make it.....must put it on the list for next week me thinks :)
I made a SF Orange jelly and mixed with Shape Zero passionfruit and it was really yummy. I can make 2 yogs last 4 desserts now and only 0.5 syns each....bargin lol
Take care
x

Oooh orange and passionfruit sounds yum! I made strawberry jelly with vanilla Muller yesterday and it was nice but definately fancy trying new flavours.
I'm making an effort this week to try some new things instead of eating the same old - haven't made meatloaf for years though so hope it turns out ok! Smells good... will be ready in about 10 mins

Wednesday 14th April - EE

Breakfast: Beans on 2 small wholemeal (HexB) and flora light (1)

Lunch: Leftover meatloaf and new potatoes

Dinner: Tesco light choices sausages (2 syns), SW chips and beans

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HexA), banana, cooked chicken, lemon and lime SF jelly (0.5)

Total syns: 3.5

Last edited:
Thursday 15th April - EE
Breakfast: 'fried' egg on 2 small wholemeal (HexB) and Flora light (1syn)

Lunch: Chicken salad with 1tbsp Heinz xtra light salad cream (1syn)

Dinner: Pasta bake with bacon, sausage meatballs (made from Tesco Healthy Living - 1syn), mushrooms, shallots, garlic and passatta and cheese (HexA)
Also made some smash 'garlic bread' - was ok, might need to play around with the seasonings though

Snacks etc: Banana, wotsits (5.5) - bloody work vending machine!!, so far 1 dash of milk for coffee (0.5)

Syns: 9

Last edited:
A mixed weekend

I knew I wasn't going to have a perfect weekend as it was my hubby's b'day but kinda went as follows (didn't keep a complete diary):

Friday - stuck to plan all day then went to the pub and drunk copious amounts of wine without eating anything. Returned home to Domino's Pizza but felt too ill to eat any!!

Saturday - feeling pretty rough in the morning (as expected!!). But stuck to plan all day, even out for lunch had a seafood platter with wholemeal bread, plus put a SF beef and potato curry in the slow cooker for tea. However did eat too many poppadoms when I got home (think I was craving salt by this time) and had a slice of 'Almondy Daim cake' - was lovely but dread to think how many syns!

Sunday - Hubby's bday. Made him pancakes for bfast, I had a SF pancake with yog and raspberries DELISH! Out for lunch then I picked wisely - salad bowl starter and halibut and new potatoes for main, followed by an espresso. Did drink quite a few glasses of wine though. For tea I made us Heinz beef ravioli on toast. But then had a piece of raspberry and cream bday cake (had to be done)

So didn't completely stick to plan but could have been worse.

Best thing was I lost the 2lb I put on over Easter!!

A new week...

Monday 19th April - Green

Breakfast: Scrambled egg on toast (HexB) with some Flora Light (1syn)

Lunch: Jacket pot with beans

Dinner: Curtiriso 4 cheese risotto (dry mix) from Tesco - couldn't find on Syns online, think it's prob free though as less than 2% fat. Added some wine (2syns), cheddar (HexA) and some flora light (1syn)

Snacks etc: 2 Choc & fudge alpen lights (first time I'd tried them they're gorgeous), banana, 2 finger Kit Kat (5syns)

Total Syns: 9 (or more if the risotto was synned)

Last edited:
Tuesday 20th April - Green

Breakfast: Omelette with cherry tomatoes, and baked beans

Lunch: Pasta salad with roasted veg - red onion, garlic, red pepper and cherry tomatoes, cooked with fry light, balsamic vinegar and herbs. With cottage cheese.

Dinner: Ooooppppss - meltdown night. Was feeling really tired and down today and ended up indulging on wine and chinese food. Never mind!

Snacks etc: Carrot sticks, apples. Oops never ate any of my Healthy Extras either as was going to use them for tea originally!

Syns: Far too many!

Last edited:
Back