Sarah newbie going it alone!

hi, i'm doing slimming world by my self too, too much of a cheapskate to pay. I had done it before I had my baby, and got down to 11stone 5lbs. then after i had my baby i was 14 stone. so i faffed around for two years dieting by cutting out here and there and got to 12stone. and now am being sensible and doing slimming world to get the last stone and a half off. it's good to see someone else's food diary just to compare as sometimes when you're doing it by yourself its difficult to keep the faith in slimming world's 'eat all you want' (as long as its free) good luck on your weight loss journey. i'm only a week or so into mine and i'm on my star week but i've lost 1lb which is in the right direction!:D

Thanks Bexshaw. I've been doing Slimming World on and off for a good three or four years so I know the diet off by heart and I know it works - it's just having that motivation to stick to it!! (which fingers crossed I have now!)

Good luck on your journey, and well done on your 1lb loss - that's brill on a * week!

Back on track after last night's binge

Wednesday 21st April - Green

Breakfast: Got up too late so 2 Alpen Lights in work (HexB)

Lunch: Pasta with roasted cherry toms, red pepper, red onion, garlic and balsamic vinegar, and cottage cheese

Dinner: Spaghetti Arrabiatta with HexB olive oil and HexA cheese followed by rice pudding made with splenda and HexA milk

Snacks: Multipack French Fries (4syns), cherry tomatoes, M&S vegetarian sushi pack (1syn)

Then oops again I drank a few glasses of wine - def went over my syns (knew it was a bad idea buying a box of wine - too convenient!

Total Syns: Too many (evil wine)

Last edited:
Thursday 22nd April - Green

Breakfast: 'fried' egg on 2 small wholemeal (HexB) and 1tsp Flora light (1syn)

Lunch: SW quiche made with eggs, cottage cheese, FF Greek yoghurt, spring onions, new potatoes, green beans, roasted peppers - was really nice! And ate it while in a meeting, did intrigue quite a few of my colleagues!!
Dinner: Smash pizza with HexA & HexB cheese, and mushrooms and sweetcorn - yum yum

Snacks: 2 apples, and a small piece of fresh cream raspberry roulade (uh oh - was OH's left over bday cake)
And the naughty naughty wine fairy got me again, but I tried to be good and cut it with soda and ice this time!!

Total Syns: too many again boo

Last edited:
Friday 23rd April - EE

Breakfast: 2 quorn sausages and beans on 2 small wholemeal (HexB) and Flora Light (1)

Lunch: SF Quiche (leftover from yesterday)
Hmm... didn't like this very much today so didn't eat it, then hungry and in absence of any canteen facilities at work I hit the vending machine for a pack of wotsits (not so bad) then a bar of Galaxy Bubbles (very bad) so a smack on the hand for me

Dinner: Well because of the weather, and I really wasn't hungry so shepherds pie went out the window. Ended up eating a two slices of crusty seeded baton, one with cheese, one with ham. Then a load of maltesars and wine. Not to plan at all then.

Snacks: Strawberry Mullerlight, 2 apples, ham wrapped around cottage cheese

Total syns: too many again

Dissappointed with myself this week, just haven't been able to stick to plan.

Last edited:
Well I didn't manage to stick to plan at all last week, although none of it was a complete binge (apart from the Chinese maybe!!) so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I might have lost 1lb. Will find out in a couple of hours

Saturday 24th April - EE

Breakfast: SF pancake with yoghurt and raspberries

Lunch: Linguini with tomato, garlic, prawns and lemon - eaten in the sunshine!

Dinner: Round a friends for a BBQ - ate prawns, tuna, chicken, roasted tomatoes and stuffed mushrooms and loads of salad with balsamic vinegar.
But... I also drank lots of wine which meant I couldn't resist some cheese and biscuits later on

Last edited:
Weighed on Saturday - I stayed the same. Pretty good really considering I only stuck to plan for one day and had a Chinese. I'm away on the 21st May so determined to stick to plan, would love to lose half a stone for the hol but not sure if that's realistic!!

Sunday 25th April - EE
Feeling a bit fragile so a picky day
Breakfast: SF pancake, yoghurt and berries

Snacks through the day: S&S mugshot, Tomato & herb pasta & sauce (made with water and HexA milk), Fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner: Shepherds pie (est 3 syns as made using lamb shanks I cooked a few weeks ago in lots of wine - but it did make 8 portions)

Syns: 5 Mikados (2.5 syns), a few ready salted crisps (2 syns??), 4 maltesers (2 syns??), two thirds of a toffee Options (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 11

Was supposed to be having a red day today, but then half asleep decided to have beans for breakfast :confused: so ended up having an Extra Easy Day

Monday 26th April - EE

Breakfast (Green): Toast (HexB), beans, 'fried' egg and quorn sausage. Flora light (1syn)

Lunch (Original): Salad bowl with turkey

Dinner (Original): Chargrilled chicken and bacon salad with crispy new potatoes, and a dressing made from 2tbsp xtra light mayo, nat yoghurt, garlic, worcester sauce, a tsp mustard - tasted a bit like a Ceaser dressing. Had between 2 so est 1syn per serving.
Also had cheshire cheese (HexA)

Syns/snacks: Muller light, carrot sticks, apple, chicken slices, 2 finger kit kat (5), 2 dashes milk for coffee (1)

Total Syns: 9

Last edited:
Tuesday 27th April - Green

Breakfast: Quorn sausages, 'fried' egg and wholemeal roll (HexB) with brown sauce (1)

Lunch: Batchelors rice, sweetcorn and salad

Dinner: Going to try mushy pea curry (after the rave reviews on here!!) and SW chips (prob made with my HexB olive oil)

Syns/Snacks: Muller light, Galaxy Bubbles bar (needed choc as stressed in work) - 8.5 syns - eek!

Back