Sarah83 back on the SW wagon

sarah83

Try and try again
Hi,
After struggling trying different ways of losing weight over the last year, I am determined to jump back on the slimming world wagon. I lost 2st in 2010 and was really happy with my progress, then I got pregnant, put it all back on again and struggled to get the motivation to lose it again.

So my motivation now is to get down to a size 14 by August when my Mother in law gets married. I reckon that's probably about 3st which would take me down to around 12.5st which I would be over the moon with. I'm a big 18 now.

I've also given myself a mini target of losing a stone by Xmas.

I don't go to class but do it at home and I struggle for time as I'm out of the house 7-6 in the week with a crazy 2 yr old to contend with as well so I don't always have time to cook from scratch but I'm going to try my best!
I am planning on sticking 100% to SW mon-fir giving myself a 10 syn a day allowance over the 5 days, then I will be a bit lax on the weekends which hopefully the extra syns will cover. I know this isn't following plan 100% but I think it's what's going to work for me.

Eek wish me luck! I'll try and post my food diary on here everyday...

Monday 14th October - EE

Breakfast: 35g porridge with 200ml skimmed milk (rest used for coffees) and raspberries (HEXB+HEXA)

Lunch: Syn free veg stew with onion, leek, swede, carrot, potato, lentil, tomato and plenty of spices

Dinner: Gammon, egg, sautéed new pots, tomatoes and peas

Snacks: banana, cherry toms, FF yoghurt, pear, apple, grapes, ham, SF onion chutney

Total syns: 0

Tuesday 15th October - EE

Breakfast: Magic porridge made with 35g porridge and FF yoghurt, with raspberries (HEXB)

Lunch: veg stew

Dinner: Pasta with a bacon arrabiatta sauce (1.5 syns for oil), salad and RF cheese (half HEXA - other half used in coffees)

Snacks: banana, apple. Ham, SF onion chutney

Total syns: 1.5

Tonight's tea:

Attachments

• image-4176559191.jpg
    image-4176559191.jpg
    616.3 KB · Views: 75
Wednesday 16th October - EE

Breakfast: Magic porridge made with 35g porridge and FF yog, raspberries (HEXB)

Lunch: Salad with some leftover pasta from last night (1 syn for oil) and LF cheese (half HEXA other half in coffees)

Dinner: Beef casserole, potato, swede and carrot mash, and green beans

Snacks: Apple, kitkat - 5.5syns

Total syns: 6.5

Last edited:
I made tonight's beef casserole last night but nearly forgot about it in the oven!! Luckily I remembered before it completely evaporated.

Consists of: Beef, leek, carrot, swede, lentils, tom puree, beef stock, mushrooms.
Should be nice to come home to on this wet miserable day!!

Thursday 17th October - EE

Breakfast: 2 alpen lights (HEXB)

Lunch: Salmon and new potato salad with FF dressing

Dinner: Turkey chilli (made prior to starting SW but only syns would have been in oil so guessing 2 syns?), rice and half HEXA RF Cheddar (other half used in coffee)

Snacks: Banana, FF yoghurt

Total syns: 2

Last edited:
Friday 18th October - EE Breakfast: 35g porridge and 200ml skimmed milk (HEXB & HEXA rest used for milk in coffees)
Lunch: Tuna salad with FF dressing
Dinner: Tuna steak marinated in sesame oil, lime and soy, served with stir fry noodles and veg - 2syns
Snacks: Apple, wine - 3 glasses 18 syns
Total syns: 20

Last edited:
Discovered that hard boiled eggs are a fantastic after work snack halved with a bit of salt & pepper. Yumyum

They were yummy and good job I had them as my lovely daughter is only now going to bed an hour later than normal (well it is Friday!) so we still haven't had tea!
Tuna is marinating in soy, garlic, chilli, lime and a touch of sesame oil, trouble is the wine fairy has found me uh oh

Tuna sounds delish! Hard boiled eggs are a good idea too, I never really know what to snack on so always used to go for a slice of ham!

Also, what's the magic porridge like? Do you just add the yogurt to the oats the night before and leave it in the fridge? x

Dinner was very yummy!

Magic porridge you just mix yoghurt and porridge up in the evening and then I take it to work with me

Attachments

• image-1330455658.jpg
    image-1330455658.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 75
Hard work really does pay off - 5lb off in my first week!

I'm really pleased I was hoping for 4! Just have to make sure I don't blow it all this weekend, hopefully I shouldn't but I won't keep a diary as it won't be strictly.SW

Well the weekend was good and bad. Breakfasts were syn free - omelette and veggie scramble.
Then Sat lunch was a syn free veggie pasta, but Sunday was home made pizza which I made with my daughter although I didn't have much! Then dinners were home made lamb curry out of the freezer with oven chips, then yesterday we had fillet steak, garlic mushrooms, hasselback potatoes, green beans and a brandy and mustard creamy sauce - all for about 3 syns!
I did drink quite a bit of wine too but overall I'm not too dissappointed as I'm not planning on sticking to plan 100% on weekends.
Back to it today though :)

Monday 21st October - EE

Breakfast: magic porridge with FF yoghurt and strawberries (HEXB)

Lunch: carrot, coriander and lentil soup from the Autumn book free with the mag

Dinner: Potato wedges, beans and broccoli (bit weird I know but I couldn't be bothered cooking!)

Snacks: apple, plums, sliced pork, coffees (HEXA)

Total syns: 0

Tuesday 22nd October - EE

Breakfast: Magic porridge with FF vanilla yoghurt and strawberries (HEXB)

Lunch: Carrot, coriander and lentil soup

Dinner: Spaghetti, meatballs (EL mince, onion, garlic, carrot, tom purée spices), tomato and mushroom sauce. With some Parmesan (Half HEXA) and broccoli

Snacks: Banana, apple, plum, ham slices, coffees (half HEXA)

Syns: 0

Last edited:
Weds 23rd October - EE

Breakfast: Magic porridge and raspberries (HEXB)

Lunch: Leftover spaghetti and meatballs

Dinner: Jacket pot, beans, cheese (half HEXA)

Snacks: Banana, grapes, coffee (half HEXA)

Syns: 0

Very low on the super free I know but I'm full of a cold feeling very sorry for myself and I feel not having pizza is enough achievement in itself.

I haven't got any energy to make lunch tomorrow so will probably have to pick something up when I go out lunchtime - any ideas? I'm in Central Cardiff so we have pretty much everywhere... Was thinking either Tesco, Boots, Pret, Sainsburys? Or I could get a salad from Subway?

I think subway salad are pretty healthy, it's just the dressings you'd need to watch out for! There are probably syn values online for them somewhere. :)

Hope you feel better soon! x

Back