Sarah83's 2015 Food Diary

sarah83

Try and try again
Hello everyone.

I'm back for the gazillionth time to try and shift the weight again. I've been doing SW on and off for the last 8 years and I'm determined this will be my year!
My biggest success was losing 2 stones in 2011 but then I became pregnant with my daughter and have struggled ever since.

So a bit about me - I work full time and any time away from work I spend with my husband looking after our 3 year old daughter. I don't have a lot of time (or money thanks for the extortionate costs of full-time childcare!) so I try hard to plan my meals, shop efficiently and batch cook as often as I can.

I don't attend a SW group (I can't afford it and there isn't a group close to me), but I know the plan pretty well and will be using the pre-2015 plan including Red, Green, Success Express, Mix2Max etc as they have worked for me in the past. But I will use this forum for support on Syn values etc.

I don't have the greatest willpower and life often gets in the way of SW, just this time round I hope I will stick to it a bit better. I'm aiming to stick to plan 100% Mon-Fri keeping my syns low, then have a bit of slack on the weekends.

I've weighed in this morning @ 15st 9lbs which is about 3-4lbs higher than I expected. I will start the plan properly (and start posting my diary) from Monday, but my weigh in will be a Saturday morning.

I hope I can make some minimins friends this year (old and new!), and will look to post my food diary every day to track how I'm doing.

Hope you all have a good day x

Good luck with the start of your new journey, I am also doing it from home at present, been successful so far and enjoying it. Have found the support on here amazing :)

Thank you both, I agree it's good to post your menus, good or bad!
I've tried to be a bit of a super-planner this time round and I've put a meal plan and weekly shopping lists for the whole of January! Not sure how much I'll stick to it but it should help me focus and save money by not wasting as much food.

Right Day 1 bring it on!!

Also first day back in the office so the 5.40 wake up call was a bit of a shock to the system...

Monday 5th Jan - EE

Breakfast: Porridge (HEXB) with sweetener and skimmed milk (half HEXA) and frozen fruit

Lunch: Mixed salad, pasta, gammon, sweetcorn and EL mayo - 1 syn

Dinner: slow cooker chicken curry (1 syn), rice, cabbage

Snacks: Milk in coffees (half HEXA), Apple, grapes, ham, 2 pieces Terry's choc orange - 5 syns

Total syns: 7

Last edited:
Thank you!
Some snaps from today:
Tonight's curry for tea
The next 3 days brekkie of fruit salad
Tomorrow's frittata for lunch

Attachments

• image-185614098.jpg
    image-185614098.jpg
    571.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3930628014.jpg
    image-3930628014.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2314405168.jpg
    image-2314405168.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 83
Well yesterday was a success, I couldn't resist the choc orange last night though, that could be a problem...

Onto today:

Tuesday 6th Jan - EE

Breakfast: melon, pineapple, orange, FF yog

Lunch: Ham and new pot frittata, mixed salad, EL mayo - 1 syn

Dinner: Ham, 'fried' eggs, sauteed potatoes, and a stir fried veg mix of cabbage, onion and peppers.

Snacks etc: milk in coffees (HEXA), Alpen light (HEXB), grapes, ham and cottage cheese, 2 Terry's choc orange segments - 5 syns

Total syns: 6

Last edited:
cheesy ham and potato sounds lush! x

Thank you, it's out of one of my SW recipe books, I haven't made it before so it'll be interesting to see what it's like x

Changed my mind last night and ended up having a take on ham, egg and chips yumyum. I forgot to post a pic last night so I'll do it when I get home later, pure comfort food. So to finish off my HEXA I ended up having a super milky decaff coffee before bed

Wednesday 7th January - EE

Breakfast: Melon, pineapple, orange with FF yog

Lunch: Mixed salad with tuna and sweetcorn pasta - 1 syn for EL Mayo

Dinner: Garlic and lemon turkey stir fry, with rice and stir fried peppers and leeks on the side for superfree

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA), satsumas, grapes, Alpen light (HEXB), ham and cottage cheese.

Then the evening binge of: crisps, choc, baileys and port :-(

Last edited:
Confession time, I had a bit of a binge last night consisting of:
A few pieces of choc orange
Some chilli kettle chips
A celebration
2 glasses baileys
1 glass of port

I blame still having Xmas stuff in the house... I will do better today :-(

Thursday 8th Jan - EE

Breakfast: melon, pineapple, orange with FF yog

Lunch: tomato and herb pasta & sauce, with added tomato, pepper and spinach

Dinner: Jacket pot, beans and cheese (half HEXA) with added mushrooms for superfree

Snacks: milk in coffees (half HEXA), grapes, Alpen light (HEXB)

Last edited:
Hello, I'm here to subscribe - I've just started back on SW too so looking forward to seeing how you get on :) x

Hello, I'm here to subscribe - I've just started back on SW too so looking forward to seeing how you get on :) x

Hi, how are you?
Thank you for subscribing, I notice you've got a food diary too so I'll pop along and subscribe to yours.
Good luck in starting back - I think it's a typical new year thing really, I'll definitely want to see how you get on, maybe we can support each other?
Hope you have a great day x

Hi Sarah, I followed your diary last year and will follow again. Good luck.

Hi Lindsey how are you?
Last year wasn't a great dieting year for me - I ended up heavier I think at the end of the year, and that was even with my Mother in Law's wedding as motivation!
Now this year I haven't got anything in particular as motivation, but maybe that's better as I'm not putting any pressure on myself.

I'll pop over to your diary for a catch up and see how you're doing x

Well yesterday was a good day, to be fair I was shattered last night and had the dentist late afternoon so wasn't really in the mood to eat anything. I've had this annoying tickly cough since having the flu after xmas and it's been keeping me up in the nights - meaning I've been very tired and grouchy...

I'm working from home today as I had my smear test at the docs this morning so it could be a test as there is plenty of food in the house to resist...

Friday 9th Jan - EE Breakfast: Quorn sausage and tomato egg wrap

Lunch: mugshot

Dinner: Takeaway chicken shish kebab with salad

Snacks: HEXA for milk in coffees, wine, pepperami!

Last edited:
Yes I'm looking forward to it. I've made sure in my Jan meal plan that I've got really yummy things planned for Fri nights so I'm not tempted by a takeaway!
Yes tomorrow is WI, fingers crossed I'll get maybe 2lbs off x

Back