Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Yes I love my coffee but I have had issues in the past when I've drunk it in the afternoon so not sure if my tummy is just having a funny few days xx

Tonight's tea: slow cooked (not so) spicy Asian beef from slimming eats, with rice and veg xx

Attachments

• image-337280043.jpg
    image-337280043.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 31
Have felt a bit better today so hopefully it's on its way out.

Well I made the cake, just got to cut it all up when it's cool. It looks lovely and the cake mixture from the beaters tasted yummy lol!

Shattered tonight so an early night in order I think...

Thursday 20th Feb - Green!

Breakfast: FF Yog and banana

Lunch: Quorn chilli (packed with veggies - onion, garlic, carrot, celery, peppers, tomatoes, kidney beans), with rice, and green beans and carrots.

Dinner: Jacket potato with beans, Light cheese triangles (HEXA1), RF cheddar (HEXB1)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA2), weetabix oatibar (HEXB2), Apple, grapes

Total syns: none planned

Morning everyone! Another busy day in work today, followed by my Welsh class tonight.

I've got a quorn chilli for lunch which I made a HUGE batch of on Tuesday. It's packed with veggies - celery, garlic, onion, peppers, carrot, tomatoes and kidney beans. I managed to make 5 portions so I've frozen 3 for instant lunches! (Hubby isn't fussed on peppers etc so he has an 'instant' lunch of a tin of soup with bread and butter on these days!)

Cheese-fest today as I'm on green so I'm using 1 HEXA and 1 HEXB on cheese for my jacket potato for tea (my after-Welsh Thursday night staple!!)

I'm still feeling really unconfident and actually quite nervous about weigh-in even though I've been really good - no idea why though :confused:

I'm going to keep my weigh-in's to a Friday morning as it's my birthday the week after next and I'm going to have a real naughty day on the (child-free) Friday which will probably involve lunch out, cinema snacks, and dinner out or takeaway. As well as wine and cocktails. So if I stick to Friday weigh-in's it hopefully won't scarper my chances that week x

Morning hun,
Yum I love veggi chilli, I buy the packet one from Asda, I know it's cheating because you just add water but it is so quick and easy for busy days.
I'm sure you will be fine tomorrow on the scales, you've been good all week. I'm not confident for my weigh in on Monday either but hopefully it wont be as bad as I fear.
Have a great day hun.xx

Well I weighed this morning and I'm 0.5lbs down.

I'm ok with that as it's still a loss and I was worried about weigh in so I'm pleased it wasn't the other way. I do think it's down to this bloating I've had all week though. Luckily I found some buscopan in the bathroom cabinet this morning so I've taken one of those this morning to hopefully combat it.

So my challenges for this week:

Saturday
is my niece's birthday party and we're going to a carvery pub with soft play. I'm going to be super good and pile my plate high with free food, avoiding the roasties, yorkies or stuffing. Just a couple of syns for gravy.

Sunday
will probably be my naughty day as we may go for a cheeky McDonalds for lunch. If we do I'll have a cheeseburger and regular fries, and I won't use my HEXs so those calories can count towards as well (I know that's a bit naughty but it's got to help)

Wednesday
I am going on a team meal to Viva Brazil which is a BBQ based all-you-can-eat type restaurant. So I'm going to have a red day, saving both my HEXBs for any oil the meat may be cooked with, and stick to superfree from the salad bar.

For the rest of the week I'm going to try and be really good, I'm going to do as many red days as I can and try and follow the success express idea of having 2/3 superfree with every meal.
Mainly because the following 2 weeks are going to be more of a challenge with my birthday celebrations.

Now just to get through work today, although my boss told us all to finish early today so that's a bonus!!

Hope you've all got fab weekends planned.

Right, plan for today:

Friday 21st Feb - EE

Breakfast: FF Yog and banana

Lunch: Quorn chilli, rice and veg as yesterday

Dinner: Takeaway: grilled chicken breast and salad pitta (7 syns), a few fries (7 syns)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), weetabix oatibar (HEXB), apple, grapes,

Syns: TBC

Last edited:
Well done on your .5lb off. Like you say it's a loss and not a gain which considering how bloated you've been this week can only be a good thing :)
Ouch lots of naughty meals, you'll have to be so motivated to stay on track with all that going on...cavery with no yorkies I don't think I could do that! I've got a bad weekend planned as well. Going out for a meal tomorrow and a carvery on Sunday, hopefully tomorrow wont be too bad but I can never say no to filling my plate at the carvery.

Have a good day at work, hope you can finish early :) xx

Thank you! I'm going to finish at 3ish I think. I want to have a nose around the shops before going home.

Luckily the carvery and the Brazilian aren't too naughty for slimming world, although they will be big portions. Luckily I love the meat and veg so much at the carvery that I won't mind resisting the naughty bits. My plate will be massive though!

The Brazilian is a funny one - the waiters come around with all different meats on giant skewers and slice a bit off onto your plate and you get a list of the different meats and they tick off the one you've tried. As long as I only have superfree from the salad bar, the meat really isn't too bad as it's BBQ'd and when I've been before it's been quite lean as well. So again on SW it's quite good I think, but huge portions, I've been twice before and absolutely stuffed!! But then again that's when I've had bread, cheese, bean and potato salads from the salad bar too!

I might suggest an alternative to the McDonalds Sunday, it's just a bit of a treat for my daughter as we rarely go and it's fun for her to have a happy meal with a toy. Plus it's cheap! Hmm... we'll have to see.

Morning all, hope your weekends are going well.

Well Fridays salt and pepper seafood didn't go to plan - it was defrosted frozen mixed seafood from tesco and it was really rubbery. So we ended up having a takeaway - I went for grilled chicken breast in a pitta (7 syns?) and a few fries (less than half a portion - 7syns?)

Yesterday we had a fab day. Started with a 5.30 wake up call from little miss, then a much needed haircut, haven't been in months so had about 3" chopped off! Then we had my nieces 3rd birthday party at a soft play pub place, it was great and there were some older girls looking after and mothering the little ones which was really sweet. Carvery was disappointing though, over cooked veg and dry meat :-(

I didn't stick completely to plan but here's what I had yesterday:

Saturday 22nd feb - mix2max

Breakfast (neutral): cheese omelette (half HEXA1)

Lunch (red): carvery with mixed meats and Loadsa veggies and new potatoes and peas (HEXB1&2), 4 syns for gravy and cauliflower cheese

Dinner(green): jacket potato with beans and cheese (HEXA2)

Snacks: birthday cake - 10 syns, milk in coffees (half HEXA1)

Well I was a naughty girl yesterday. Breakfast started off fine, then we took our daughter on the train to Cardiff museum to see all the dinosaurs which she loved, especially the woolly mammoth! Then when we got back to the car park hubby fancied a drive, which was good as meant daughter had a nap (she rarely does on weekends then gets overtired in the evenings), and we ended up driving to a mountain-side cafe which is basically a burger, hotdog and chips kinda place and I had a bacon and cheese burger:eek:, couldn't really get much worse than that! On the plus side not a drop of wine touched my lips so in drinking sugar free squash rather than wine hopefully I saved a fair few calories to compensate.

I also cooked a shoulder of lamb in the slow cooker which was another mistake I think - it was so fatty! I managed to trim off what I could but there was loads of fat left. So I only portioned it out into small portions (made 6) so hopefully I'll be able to skim off a load of fat off the rest of it now it's cooled.

My strategy for this week was originally going to be red days, but if I had red days I'd be forcing myself to have my second HEXB of olive oil or ryvitas or something, and I know I would have cheese every day because I 'can' with my extra HEXA, so I've decided instead to stick to EE but make my days very low carb. Here's hoping it makes a difference and undoes yesterday's damage!

Hope you're all ok and have fab weeks planned x

Monday 24th Feb - EE

Breakfast: Banana and FF yog

Lunch: Mixed salad with a few chopped new potatoes, and tuna

Dinner: Burgers with cheese (half HEXA) and salad - 0.5syns

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (half HEXA), apple, cherries, Alpen light bars (HEXB), blue ribband - 5 syns

Total syns: 5.5

Last edited:
Ah hun, don't worry about your naughty burger, you deserved it for being so good the rest of the week.
Not sure what I'm planning on eating this week yet. The cupboards are full so I have loads of options, I just can't think of any yet :rolleyes:
Hope you have a good day.xx

Well it's really good to have loads of options. I tend to only buy what we're going to eat that week at the moment, to save money plus I just don't have the space to store lots of food in my kitchen!

So this weeks planned dinners are:
Mon - Cheeseburgers and salad
Tues - Balsamic pork (from the freezer) with butternut squash 'chips' and roasted veg
Weds - Viva Brazil team meal
Thurs - Jacket potato with beans (although I may change this to a red dinner as I don't have welsh class this week due to half term, and may help weigh in following day)
Fri - Sweet chilli chicken thighs with salad

Lunches are:
Mon - tuna salad
Tues - Chicken drumsticks and stir fried veg
Weds (brunch) - ham frittatta
Thurs - Ham sandwich
Fri - Still to be decided...

Now just to stick to it... Thursday is a bit tricky because I have a big meeting all morning until 1 which I'll have to clear up from, but need to be on a train at 1.50 to get to my friends funeral. So I've gone for an 'old fashioned' lunch of a sandwich as I'll probably need something I can quickly and easily eat on the train. Trouble is bread can play up my tummy sometimes so I may change my mind, it just needs to be something easy to eat.

Tonight's dinner, mmm cheeseburgers xxx

Attachments

• image-687720925.jpg
    image-687720925.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 31
Menu for the week looks good Sarah, it pays to be organised I think. How will you make your sweet chilli chicken please?

Hi, thank you!
I love being organised, it helps me stay in control and saves us money as we don't waste food.

Hmm I'm not actually sure, I'll probably skin the chicken thighs, then coat in a soy, lime and sweet chilli mixture and bake. I might google some recipes beforehand and make something up lol! Hope you're having a good day x

Back