Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Your weekend sounds great. I was exactly the same today. I didn't want to go back to work :( I'm on Lates Tomo so I get to spend 4 hours in the day Tomo. Which isn't to bad.

Well fine on the STS. Fingers crossed for fishy week.

Xx

Hi,
Hope you're ok, I'm afraid I haven't been well the last couple of days, had a tummy bug along with a full on exhaustion/tiredness thing. I couldn't make work yesterday and spent the whole day in bed. Not sure if maybe I'm just run down, anyway I feel better for it today, even though I seem to be starting with a bit of tonsillitis which always seems to appear whenever my immune system is down a bit.

Needless to say I haven't been eating properly but I was pleasantly surprised with a 1.5lb loss this week which I'm really pleased with. Now to get something similar this week before hols on Friday would be amazing (but unlikely!).

Had a chilled out girly day with Bella today as hubby in work, so we've been out in the rain to the library and watched movies, just what I needed.
Visiting hubby's family tomorrow which will include a SW roast dinner too - yay!

Hope you're having a good weekend x

Hi, Hope you're ok, I'm afraid I haven't been well the last couple of days, had a tummy bug along with a full on exhaustion/tiredness thing. I couldn't make work yesterday and spent the whole day in bed. Not sure if maybe I'm just run down, anyway I feel better for it today, even though I seem to be starting with a bit of tonsillitis which always seems to appear whenever my immune system is down a bit. Needless to say I haven't been eating properly but I was pleasantly surprised with a 1.5lb loss this week which I'm really pleased with. Now to get something similar this week before hols on Friday would be amazing (but unlikely!). Had a chilled out girly day with Bella today as hubby in work, so we've been out in the rain to the library and watched movies, just what I needed. Visiting hubby's family tomorrow which will include a SW roast dinner too - yay! Hope you're having a good weekend x

Sorry to hear that your still poorly. Try and keep resting as much as you can. I know that's hard with a little one, least you haven't got to cook Tomo, bonus. Even better SW style. :)

That sounds bliss and my kind of day, can't wait to watch movies with Lilly, it will be nice to have something other than the theme tubes to doc McStuffins and Jake the nearherland pirates in my head lol. I've been singing them all day lol.

Hope you have a locket evening xx

Hello everyone.

Got back from holiday yesterday - a week in a caravan in devon and it was wonderful. I really couldn't wish for a better holiday, Bella absolutely loved it, so much so that she cried her eyes out when we got home and refused to get out the car!
We had visits to farms, splashing in the sea, kite flying and sandcastle building, what more could a 2 year old want!

Needless to say I have not been good at all food-wise, we went out for lunch everyday, often with pudding, but I cooked dinner in the caravan every night, although a lot of that was convenience food to make it easier. Add to that lots of wine, bacon and sausages for brekkie a couple of times and quite a lot more bread than my body's used to, gave me a 3lb gain this week. Add that on to a 1.5lb gain the previous week, means I'm really determined to get that 4.5lbs off as soon as possible.

I'm going to sit down and do a meal plan this afternoon ready for tomorrow's aldi shop and I'm honking it will involve lots of speed food and fish. I'll share it on here to help me stick to it.

I'm going to try and fit some exercise in too! but I've got 2 days away with work next week so I might struggle those days.
Any other tips will be greatly appreciated!

We've got another weeks caravan holiday with my grandparents in st Ives in 4 weeks so I want to try and be as good as possible until then, as my grandma is definitely a feeder! Although that holiday will be decidedly cheaper than this one was as my grandparents are very frugal with their money so it will be more picnics and less pub lunches!

Hope you're all ok, going to catch up on everyone's diaries in a sec x

Good morning hun,
I'd forgotten you were going away, was starting to get worried about you as not seen you on here since I got back from holiday.

It sounds like you had a great holiday, loads of fun with the little one. Hardly any weight gain given the amount you ate and drank so that is great. I'm sure you will shift it quickly if you stick with it for a couple of weeks.

Have a great day and happy food planning.xx

Thank you.
I'm so relieved it's only 3lbs I feel massive - I was convinced I'd put on at least half a stone.
Back on it big time today:

Breakfast: veggie sausages, grilled tomatoes, eggs

Lunch: chicken and couscous salad

Dinner: chicken and veg casserole, rice, peas & asparagus

Also I've done tonnes of housework so I'm hoping that counts as exercise. Still haven't done my meal plan yet must get my bum in gear before our aldi shop tomorrow morning.
I'm trying to look through all my books for ideas - I think I want to concentrate on eating as many speed foods as possible. I was thinking of doing a challenge of 10 a day so I'll see if it's doable without eating the same things everyday or spending an absolute fortune!

Morning everyone.
Nice early 5.45 start from Bella this morning, probably good to get me back in the swing of things for work tomorrow.

I managed to do my meal plan for the week.

Starting Monday - breakfast for the week will be: melon, pineapple and oranges with FF yoghurt
Not sure about brekkie today

Rest of meals:

Today:
Lunch: Spaghetti carbonara
Dinner: roast beef, asparagus, swede & carrot mash, sweetcorn & peas, green beans

Monday:
Lunch: tuna penne Niçoise (from the extra easy book)
Dinner: turkey escalopes with lemon and bacon (from the extra easy book) with new pots and green beans

Tuesday:
Lunch: tuna penne Niçoise
Dinner: risotto primavera

Wednesday:
Lunch: smoked mackerel or smoked salmon pate with ryvitas and salad
Dinner: chicken chow mein

Thursday:
Lunch: smoked mackerel or smoked salmon pate with ryvitas and salad
Dinner: jacket potato with beans and cheese

I have deliberately picked speed foods over others and should definitely be able to have 10 a day apart from maybe Thursday - I'm not going to be home til about 8 that day so needed something quick and easy for tea so I'll probably struggle to fit more speed foods in.

I'm also going to get cooked sliced turkey, and make some mini quiches for snacks to have as well as fruit.

Fingers crossed I can stick to this and shift some weight this week!

Some holiday snaps :)

Attachments

• image-2522518939.jpg
    image-2522518939.jpg
    777.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3259487245.jpg
    image-3259487245.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image-3057507394.jpg
    image-3057507394.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 38
  • image-103619327.jpg
    image-103619327.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 41
Ok confession time - yesterday ended with a Chinese!
On the plus side there was plenty of speed food in there - chicken, prawns, onions, garlic, bamboo shoot, water chestnuts!! Shame about the high syn sauces though...

I'm not so bothered - it was my only bad meal of the weekend and I know weekends are always going to be tough for me. Trouble is after preparing 4 lots of lunches for me and hubby, 2 lots of brekkie for me, and a big pot of chicken stock, I just couldn't be bothered cooking dinner.

Anyway back on it today, and back to work too. Luckily I had no tears from Bella this morning when I dropped her off at creche which surprised me, and I've got lots of things to get my head stuck into for work.

Hope you all have fab days planned! xx

Monday 12th May - Extra Easy - Speed Food & 100% Challenge Day 1!

Breakfast: Melon, Pineapple, Oranges, FF Yog (speed foods x 2)

Lunch: Tuna nicoise salad (speed foods x 6: tuna, onion, lettuce, tomatoes, green beans, peppers)

Dinner: Turkey escalopes with bacon and lemon, served with new potatoes, asparagus, peas & sweetcorn, green beans (speed foods x 4)

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA), apple, pear, HB egg, little piece of choc cake Bella brought home!

Total speed foods: 14

Last edited:
Back