Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Thank you!
I've had a really good day today with really nice meals too, I was quite hungry in work though so I might take a couple of slices of turkey to snack on tomorrow.

First day back in work not so bad, got a bit tired this afternoon but had lots to catch up on!
Shattered tonight though, just going to catch up on the latest Fargo, then have a bath before bed x

Tuesday 13th May - Extra Easy / Speed food challenge day #2

Breakfast: Orange, melon (s), pineapple (s), FF yog

Lunch: Tuna pasta salad as yesterday (speed foods x 6)

Dinner: Risotto primavera with peas (s), asparagus (s), broad beans (s), parmesan (half HEXA), olive oil (HEXB). Served with green beans (s) & pan roasted tomatoes (s)

Snacks: Milk in coffee (half HEXA), apples (s), chicken slices (s)

Total speed foods: 15

Last edited:
Morning everyone,
Had a good day yesterday food-wise except we didn't eat dinner until really late as my afternoon's dentist check-up ended up being a filling and the feeling didn't come back until nearly 8pm!

I'm a bit miserable as I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I'm the same as I was Saturday. I know it's naughty but I can't see how I'll be able to pull it back in two days. I would love to lose a stone by my MILs wedding in August, which sounds totally do-able, but I haven't been able to lose a stone since January so I don't have much hope really.

I'm going to try and get into exercise again, so I walked up 2 flights of stairs again in work this morning which I'll try and do everytime I can. I've also enquired about the local Pure Gym as they do classes so I've asked for the class timetable, so I can see if there are any classes which would fit in around work as it's only 10mins away.
I've got a meeting in Swindon today and hopefully I'll be home at a decent time so I might try and do my Josie DVD when I get home too.

Feeling a bit miserable about it all to be honest, but on the bright side at least I'm eating lots of healthy foods even if the weight's not coming off...

Weds 14th May - EE / Speed Food Challenge Day #4

Breakfast: Melon (s), pineapple (s), oranges, FF yoghurt

Lunch: Chicken (s) salad - lettuce (s), cucumber (s), peppers (s), beetroot (s), EL Mayo (1 syn)

Dinner: Egg fried rice with bacon, babycorn (s), peas (s), mushrooms (s). Served with stir fried peppers (s)

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA),

Total speed foods: 11 planned

Good morning hun,
I hope you're feeling more positive today.
You've probably just got holiday blues, I'm sure you'll snap out of it soon and be back to your old bubbly self.
I'm going to up my exercise as well, I've hardly done any this week, I don't know why but I'm just not feeling it this week. Maybe it's because Amy's not here so I don't have to walk her to the taxi in the morning.
Anyway I hope you have a good day today.xx

Hi everyone,

I have decided to start from scratch again. I am so demotivated about losing so little since January that I thought it would be best to just start again, especially as I put on yet another 1lb last week, meaning my total loss was only 5lbs in 19 weeks - pathetic!

So today is day 1.
I haven't had a great weekend food-wise, but I need to do better in the weeks to make up for this. My strategy for the week is to go back to old style red and green. So I'm doing 2 green and 3 red days, I'm going to stick to plan 100%, which means - no sneaky choccies (unless counted), eating my HEXs, no wine until Friday, and no 'I can't be bothered to cook' takeaways.

I can do it, I just need to focus and truly put my mind to it. When I did slimming world before getting pregnant, I used to really enjoy it and really get stuck into trying new recipes. I know it's different now as I've got a toddler to look after on top of my full time job, which is why I'm shattered all the time, but I've got to do this for me!

I was toying with the idea of trying other diets - fasting diet, calorie counting, but then I remembered what a versatile diet slimming world is, you can eat loads of good healthy food and not go hungry. I just need to stick to it.

I'm going to force myself to exercise too - I'm looking to alternate daily with my Josie Gibson DVD and a dance type workout which I've recorded off the fitness channel. As well as walking up the last 2 flights of stairs (I'll up this to 3/4/all 5) as it becomes easier) and making a conscious effort to walk faster to make it work harder for me.

My target at the moment is to become fitter, lose a bit of weight and reduce my blood pressure, by the time I need to go to the nurse for my next pill prescription, which should be some point towards the end of June.
My only hurdles before then are my MILs hen weekend in London the end of this month (shouldn't be too bad), and our weeks holiday in St Ives with my Grandparents at the start of June (a bit harder).

Today is a new day!!!

Monday 19th May - Green Day

Breakfast: Green tea, WM roll (HEXB1), 'fried' egg and cherry tomatoes

Lunch: Quorn chilli, pasta and green beans

Dinner: Mushroom and pea stroganoff (0.5syns for mustard & HEXB2 for light soft cheese), potatoes sauteed in frylight, green beans, carrots

Snacks: Milk for coffee (HEXA1), Apple, pear, cherry toms, kitkat 5.5 syns

Syns: 6 syns

Last edited:
Thank you I've had a really good day today.
I've also done a bit of exercise - walking up 4 flights of stairs, leisurely 20min lunchtime walk, brisk 12 min walk home and a 20min Bollywood dance workout.

Out of interest I've logged all of my food and exercise on myfitnesspal, I've eaten and drunk my way through almost 1500 calories, and I know SW isn't about calories but to be honest I don't think I've eaten a massive deal today and could have had much more. If I had, I wonder how many calories I would have ha then. I might do this every so often just to keep tabs on my portions and my snacking.

I use myftnesspal too and log my food for a nutritional overview. Some days i am over and other days under!

Right another day!! I'm still feeling confident and positive - long may it continue!

Tuesday 20th May - Green Breakfast: Weetabix (HEXB1) & 100ml skimmed milk (part HEXA1)

Lunch: Mushroom stroganoff as yesterday (HEXB2 & 0.5 syns), green beans and pasta

Dinner: LM sausages, fry light potatoes, beans, egg and grilled tomatoes

Snacks: Milk in coffees (rest of HEXA1), apple, a few dolly mixtures (2.5), Aldi crispy fries (3.5), jelly (0.5)

Syns: 7

Last edited:
Wednesday 21st May - Red

Breakfast: Green tea. WM roll (HEXB1), cherry tomatoes, 'fried' egg

Lunch: WM pitta (HEXB2), mixed salad, turkey slices, EL mayo - 1 syn

Dinner: Burger made with EL mince, RF Cheddar (HEXA1), mixed salad , light salad cream - 1.5 syns

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA2), apple , nice biccies - 4 syns, time out - 4.5 syns

Total syns: 10.5

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm so pleased with myself. I'm on my 3rd 100% day with no cheating at all! I'm also on my 3rd day of no wine, and counting on myfitnesspal I've been under 1500 calories everyday too.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to fit much exercise in though, I did my Bollywood workout Monday but haven't managed anymore since then other than 2 brisk walks home, and still walking up the last 2 flights of stairs in work.

Just enjoying a time-out bar and a decaf coffee before bed, I've got a blasted headache which won't shift so early night me thinks.

Hope you're all doing ok and having good weeks

Well done that's fab - it just goes to show we can do it!

Good morning hun,
Just having a really quick catch up.
It sounds like you've come back really motivated :) Good luck on the scales this week, I'm sure you will see a loss.
I go away tomorrow so probably wont get chance to come back on your diary again but I'll be straight back on it when I get back, so look forward to hearing how well you're doing.
Catch up soon.xx

Thursday 22nd May - Mix2Max

Breakfast (neutral): Fruit and Fibre (HEXB1), 100mls skimmed milk (part HEXA1)

Lunch (red): WM Pitta (HEXB2), turkey slices, mixed salad, EL mayo - 1 syn

Dinner (green): My Thursday post-Welsh class special! Jacket potato with beans and cheese (HEXA2).

Snacks: Milk in coffees (remaining HEXA1), pear, jelly (0.5syns)

Syns: 1.5

Last edited:
Back