Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Thank you, I'm quite please about my 4th 100% and alcohol free day. I am so looking forward to having some wine tomorrow though lol!

The curry was really good, I made it a couple of weeks ago so froze some of it. I used a Schwartz slow cooker chicken curry sachet which must have been about 5 syns for the sachet as I made 5 portions and counted at 1 syn each. I used skinned chicken thigh and drumsticks then pulled the meat off the bones once it was cooked. It had onion, potato and tinned toms in it too.

Was a life savour today as I have welsh language class on a Thursday after work and don't get home until 8 so hubby had it ready for us.
I have to confess I've been a bit lacking on the super free today, and I only had half my HEXB as only had one benefit light bar, hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

Thank you, I'm quite please about my 4th 100% and alcohol free day. I am so looking forward to having some wine tomorrow though lol! The curry was really good, I made it a couple of weeks ago so froze some of it. I used a Schwartz slow cooker chicken curry sachet which must have been about 5 syns for the sachet as I made 5 portions and counted at 1 syn each. I used skinned chicken thigh and drumsticks then pulled the meat off the bones once it was cooked. It had onion, potato and tinned toms in it too. Was a life savour today as I have welsh language class on a Thursday after work and don't get home until 8 so hubby had it ready for us. I have to confess I've been a bit lacking on the super free today, and I only had half my HEXB as only had one benefit light bar, hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

Well done. Same here alcohol wise. I'm going out for a meal for a surprise birthday in Saturday, so I will drink then. Can't wait lol. Going to stick to vodka though, I might treat my self to a rose or Kopperberg as it's weigh day. That's really good then, might have have to do that. Going to write a shopping list with the bits I need for some recipes. I have so many I want to try, come to make it bit missing things to go with it. We are eating dead late again, we normally do but not this late. Craig's dad came round and didn't leave till late. Is welsh hard to learn? I can image it is, it's hard to bloody read lol. Same here that's why I choose a green day, as I looked in the fridge and thought not enough in there. I'm sure you will be fine. It's only one day. :) xx

It's really hard to learn, but work are offering it paid for so can't exactly turn that down! And it'll be fantastic when our daughters in school leaning welsh I might understand what she's on about!

I have a bit of a weekend strategy... Basically I keep my syns super low Mon-Thurs then Friday I still stick to plan food wise but I can have some wine, then Saturday, Sunday I'm a bit more flexible. I'll try and have SW friendly meals as much as poss but I'll allow myself to have a drink and the odd biscuit, cake, cheese cracker and not worry about it.
I know this isn't the proper way to follow SW and may mean I get slower losses, but it's the way to fit it into my lifestyle so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

I've got loads of recipes to try too but as we're totally skint at the mo everything is centred around what's in the freezer, luckily there are some nice things in there though.

I know what you mean about having stuff missing for recipes, I hate that! Especially when you've been really looking forward to it and end up having to make something different grr

I'd rally like the recipe for the 1/2 roulade if you have it? Looks amazing!

I'd rally like the recipe for the 1/2 roulade if you have it? Looks amazing!
Hi! I posted the recipe about halfway down page 2, hope you enjoy it!

Wow can't believe it's Friday already. For the first full week back in work after Christmas it hasn't been so bad!

Friday 10th Jan - EE

Breakfast: FF Yoghurt, banana, grapes

Lunch: Mugshot with added spring onion, peppers, cherry toms

Dinner: Spaghetti with scallops and chilli and garlic (HEXB for olive oil), and salad

Snacks, syns etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), apple, pear, either wine or malibu and coke (??? syns)

Total syns: ??

It's really hard to learn, but work are offering it paid for so can't exactly turn that down! And it'll be fantastic when our daughters in school leaning welsh I might understand what she's on about!

I have a bit of a weekend strategy... Basically I keep my syns super low Mon-Thurs then Friday I still stick to plan food wise but I can have some wine, then Saturday, Sunday I'm a bit more flexible. I'll try and have SW friendly meals as much as poss but I'll allow myself to have a drink and the odd biscuit, cake, cheese cracker and not worry about it.
I know this isn't the proper way to follow SW and may mean I get slower losses, but it's the way to fit it into my lifestyle so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

I've got loads of recipes to try too but as we're totally skint at the mo everything is centred around what's in the freezer, luckily there are some nice things in there though.

I know what you mean about having stuff missing for recipes, I hate that! Especially when you've been really looking forward to it and end up having to make something different grr

That's true, its best to take what they have on offer. That will be nice for you, and you can help her too. :)

I like that strategy, I use to do that last time, I think I'm going to have treats or be less strict on a Saturday night, then I have all week to get it off. I'm not sure. I think if you have a little bit of what you want, it saves you having a big blow out. :)

Were trying to watch money too, my Grandad keeps dropping off steak and chicken when he gets him self some from the meat man on the market, he does this for my mum too lol. He never takes money, he always says its part of our xmas box lol. So that saves us some money, so when it comes to shopping we can get things to go with it. Im writing my list now, ive decided to go shopping after class tomorrow, and write a list of meals I can make. Plus, I like looking at the whopps stuff.

Yeah It annoys me, Im like ooo I make this today, I get everything out, then there will always be one thing missing. xx

Hopefully this will work, I've copied it from a very very long thread on the recipes page, I didn't add options so it was only half a syn: " I found this on the puddings section on Friday, made it & it was GORGEOUS so I thought I would bump it to here - I can't find the original thread. I actually added a choc options sachet to the mixture to make a chocolate roulade but it was still only 2.5 for the whole cake (which is massive by the way) Originally Posted by Mindy FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous. 1 TUB QUARK 4 EGGS 1 TSP BAKING POWDER 4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL) VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY) FRESH FRUIT SEPERATE THE EGGS ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK, BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE. WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF. USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT 180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER. REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE. THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY. ENJOY"

Perfect :) can't wait to try it!!!

Dinner tonight was so good, I'm so glad I saved my HEXB for EV olive oil. I basically fried garlic and chilli then added a pack of cooked scallops and lemon juice and tossed it all in spaghetti with the olive oil. Yum yum

Dinner tonight was so good, I'm so glad I saved my HEXB for EV olive oil. I basically fried garlic and chilli then added a pack of cooked scallops and lemon juice and tossed it all in spaghetti with the olive oil. Yum yum

That sounds amazing xx

I didn't know ev oil was a hexb! Thanks for that :) how much can you have of it as hexb?

I didn't know ev oil was a hexb! Thanks for that :) how much can you have of it as hexb?

It's good isn't it! Perfect for some meals when you really need some oil. It's 1 tbsp for a HEXB x

Now Saturday is my weigh in, but I'm a bit confused.
I'm not sure my scales are right or maybe if they were right last week as according to them I've lost between 7lbs and 1st. In a week??
So I've now moved them to the harder floor in the lounge and taken the highest reading in there of a 9lb loss. (The floor in the bathroom is lino so maybe a bit spongy?)
Obviously I'm over the moon if this is the case but I'm a big dubious. I've never lost that much in one week, and I'm really scared it's going to come back on. I'm probably going to be a bit of a serial weigher this week to keep an eye on it and new scales will be bought if they keep being wierd...

that's great!
of course it's possible...especially if it's a first week going from junk food eating to this ;)

i'd probably be a bit paranoid like you lol but don't weigh again til next saturday hard i know! lol

lots of people get a big loss their first week

well done! :) X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you, I'm still a bit sceptical. I've weighed again now and I'm 1.5lbs heavier but that's with jeans on and having drunk a load of coffee and squash, and after brekkie. So that's probably about right.
I've only ever lost a max of 5lbs in a week even on first weeks so this is why I'm so dubious!

Anyway I'm waiting for my homemade chicken nuggets and SW chips to cook and the balsamic pork is in the slow cooker ready for tea :)

Saturday 11th Jan - EE

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs

Lunch: Chicken nuggets (HEXB) with SW chips and beans

Dinner: Slow cooked balsamic pork tenderloin, hasselback pots, spinach, spring onions and peas

Snack: milk in coffees (HEXA), 1 mini welsh cake from the market, some wine :)

Last edited:
Thank you, I'm still a bit sceptical. I've weighed again now and I'm 1.5lbs heavier but that's with jeans on and having drunk a load of coffee and squash, and after brekkie. So that's probably about right.
I've only ever lost a max of 5lbs in a week even on first weeks so this is why I'm so dubious!

Anyway I'm waiting for my homemade chicken nuggets and SW chips to cook and the balsamic pork is in the slow cooker ready for tea :)
We'll done on a fantastic loss. Balsamic pork sounds lovely, what is the recipe please?

Thank you. I posted a link to the recipe at the top of page 3. I thought it sounded stunning reading the recipe but it's smelling awfully vinegary... Hope it's ok.
Loved my cheeky chicken nuggets and chips for lunch! Felt very naughty. My daughter wouldn't eat the nuggets (she's a fussy madam when she wants to be!) but she loved the chips x

Back