Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Thank you. I posted a link to the recipe at the top of page 3. I thought it sounded stunning reading the recipe but it's smelling awfully vinegary... Hope it's ok.

Hope it tastes ok. I am cooking curry from scratch so hoping it turns out alright. Is not syn free as used oil but only eaten fruit and yoghurt all day. So hope it's worth the effort!

I'm sure your curry will be lovely and a few syns for oil can really make a difference sometimes. What type of curry is it?

Well I've had a sneaky taste of the sauce for the pork and it's quite nice so fingers crossed it'll be good...

Curry was quite nice, not as good as a takeaway but good enough. It wasn't a specific type, I just watched a few youtube videos for making chicken curry and looked up a few recipes on google and sort of mashed the two up. Have you had your pork yet? I always really fancy chocolate when I have had something spicy, trying not to give in to it though as once I start I can't stop!

Your curry sounds lovely. Thing is I think takeaways always taste better with the knowledge that you didn't have to cook it or wash up!

The pork was gorgeous, it shredded beautifully and I just thickened the sauce up in the end with some cornflour. Worked out at 4.5syns for the whole lot and made 4 portions. Really enjoyed it!

Here's a pic:

Attachments

• image-1498553891.jpg
    image-1498553891.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 50
I picked it up reduced from sainsburys a while ago and stuck it in the freezer - I think it was about £3.50 which made 4 portions. Think it was £5.50 full price. Pork shoulder would probably have worked beautifully but it's much fattier, the tenderloins had no fat on at all. So luckily it worked out quite cheap this time!

Well done on the loss! Really deserved!

Your dinner looks amazing too yum yum!

Ruth
X

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Sunday 12th January - EE

Breakfast: Cheese & tomato omelette (half HEXA)

Lunch: chicken, fry light roast pots, loadsa veg, gravy (2 syns). Fruit for pud

Dinner: pea and ham soup and bread (HEXB)

Snacks, syns: milk in coffees (half HEXA), wine

Last edited:
Saturday 11th Jan - EE Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs Lunch: Chicken nuggets (HEXB) with SW chips and beans Dinner: Slow cooked balsamic pork tenderloin, hasselback pots, spinach, spring onions and peas Snack: milk in coffees (HEXA), 1 mini welsh cake from the market, some wine :)

How did you do the chicken nuggets? Your food diary is brilliant :)

How did you do the chicken nuggets? Your food diary is brilliant :)

Thank you!

I just coated cubed chicken breast in beaten egg, then coated in breadcrumbs (made from WM bread for HEXB) mixed with salt, pepper and whatever herbs and spices you fancy (I used oregano and cumin and paprika). Then I sprayed them with fry light and baked at gas 6 for 20-30mins (can't remember exactly how long) until the chicken was cooked.
I only used about 1.5slices of bread to make about 9 nuggets

Thank you! I just coated cubed chicken breast in beaten egg, then coated in breadcrumbs (made from WM bread for HEXB) mixed with salt, pepper and whatever herbs and spices you fancy (I used oregano and cumin and paprika). Then I sprayed them with fry light and baked at gas 6 for 20-30mins (can't remember exactly how long) until the chicken was cooked. I only used about 1.5slices of bread to make about 9 nuggets

I'll definitely have a go at this :) thanks

Thank you! I just coated cubed chicken breast in beaten egg, then coated in breadcrumbs (made from WM bread for HEXB) mixed with salt, pepper and whatever herbs and spices you fancy (I used oregano and cumin and paprika). Then I sprayed them with fry light and baked at gas 6 for 20-30mins (can't remember exactly how long) until the chicken was cooked. I only used about 1.5slices of bread to make about 9 nuggets

This sounds yummy and also is a great use of a HEXB. I don't really want to just eat a slice of bread for the sake of it so this is a wonderful idea!

Will definitely be trying it at the end of this week :)

Ruth
Xx

Monday 13th Jan - EE

Breakfast: benefit light bar (half HEXB) & banana

Lunch: Benefit light bar (half HEXB), apple, pear

Dinner: Balsamic pork (1 syn), mashed pots, green beans

Snacks, syns: milk in coffees and mash (HEXA), seafood sticks

Total syns: 1

Monday 13th Jan - EE Breakfast: benefit light bar (half HEXB) & banana Lunch: Benefit light bar (half HEXB), apple, pear Dinner: Balsamic pork (1 syn), mashed pots, green beans Snacks, syns: milk in coffees and mash (HEXA), seafood sticks Total syns: 1

Oooo balsamic pork!!! Yum yum!

Ruth
Xx

well I can safely say my scales were playing silly ******* on Saturday as I've now gone back up to 15st 6lbs which is only a 1lb loss :-(

So I'm going to weigh on Saturday and probably discount last weekends, and just take whatever I do lose as a 2 week loss, conviniently forgetting about last week otherwise I'll upset myself with a half stone gain this week...

Never mind I'm not going to be too disheartened by it - I know the plan works as long as I stick at it. Slow and steady wins the race!

Tuesday 14th January - EE

Breakfast: Yoghurt, banana

Lunch: Mugshot with added spring onion, peppers, cherry toms

Dinner: Beef Bourgignon (from the little book with the latest SW mag), 0.5 syns for a bit of cornflour I added at the end. Served with roasted potatoes and parsnips, and brocolli and cauli

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA), Benefit light bars (HEXB), apple, pear, grapes

Total syns: 0.5 planned

Last edited:
Monday 13th Jan - EE Breakfast: benefit light bar (half HEXB) & banana Lunch: Benefit light bar (half HEXB), apple, pear Dinner: Balsamic pork (1 syn), mashed pots, green beans Snacks, syns: milk in coffees and mash (HEXA), seafood sticks Total syns: 1

I'd love to know how you make the balsamic pork , I love your food diary!

well I can safely say my scales were playing silly ******* on Saturday as I've now gone back up to 15st 6lbs which is only a 1lb loss :-(

So I'm going to weigh on Saturday and probably discount last weekends, and just take whatever I do lose as a 2 week loss, conviniently forgetting about last week otherwise I'll upset myself with a half stone gain this week...

Never mind I'm not going to be too disheartened by it - I know the plan works as long as I stick at it. Slow and steady wins the race!

I am addicted to weighing myself but I have to really try hard not to get on the scales more than once a week. I know my weight fluctuates so quite often get disheartened when I see I've added a pound one day but then lost it the next.
Stick with your Saturday Weigh in and hopefully you'll see a loss this week as well. Like you say, you know this plan works so stick with it :) x

I'd love to know how you make the balsamic pork , I love your food diary!

It was gorgeous!! Link to recipe is at the top of page 3.
I also added a couple of tsp of cornflour at the end just to thicken the sauce.

Back