Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

It's done like you said and Mondays can be a horrible day! Flexisyn it and draw a line under it! You're right it is done now and you will be just fine just imagine yourself at your interim target or goal and think about how good it will feel!

Big hugs! I hate Mondays!!! :hug:

Ruth
Xx

Thank you!
Sorry about my big downer yesterday, there wasn't really anything else to it either. I think the fact that it's rained pretty much non stop for about 2 months hasn't helped either. And the fact we're completely skint.
BUT I mustn't dwell on things like that - I'm much luckier than a lot of people, I have a house, a beautiful daughter, a wonderful husband and a really good job, so I'm actually really lucky! I just get a bit miserable sometimes like the best of us.

Anyway onto today! Nobody else can do this but me!! xx

Tuesday 28th Jan - EE

Breakfast: FF Yog and banana

Lunch: Ham and sweetcorn pasta, with salad

Dinner: Slow cooked spicy asian beef (1 syn), with rice, and cauli/broccoli (as we didn't end up having it last night )

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), apple, egg on toast (HEXB & 2.5syns for LF spread), toblerone - 10 syns??

Syns: 13.5

Last edited:
Don't worry Hun that's one day, you have all week to get back on it. As others have said draw a line under it all. :) hope you have a good day x

Thanks everyone - had a pretty good day yesterday except the choc monster attacked when I got home from work starving :-( On the plus side the toblerone is gone now!!

I've decided I've had enough of salads now, yesterday lunchtime I went to get my salad and the work kitchen just smelt of soup and curry and meat, and all nice warm comforting things, then I had salad!
So the first thing I did when I got home yesterday was cook a huge batch of soup, throwing all my veg in there, so it includes: Leeks, courgettes, carrots, potato, passatta, baked beans and spinach. Tasted pretty good and I've got a huge bowl of it for lunch so I'm hoping that'll satisfy me!

I was having a good look through my old food diary on here, from back in 2010 when I lost 2stone, and I tended to stick more to red and green days than EE so I think I'm going to give that a go. So I'm going to have a couple of green days this week, stick to EE over the weekend as it's easier, then do 2 red and 2 green next week, to see how it goes. Trouble is I know red will give me the best loss but it's also the most expensive as I don't tend to buy a great deal of meat. But I should manage a couple of days a week.

Last night's tea was lovely by the way. Here is the recipe:

Slow Cooked Spicy Asian Beef | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

I added the cornflour on reheating so I could control how much I used rather than do it at the start. I ended up making 3 portions out of half the recipe @ 1 syn each so that was pretty good I thought!

Right I've got a busy day at work ahead hurting my head looking at spreadsheets yawn!!

Wednesday 29th Jan - Green

Breakfast: WM Toast (HEXB1) & Scrambled eggs

Lunch: Veggie soup

Dinner: Mushroom risotto - (HEXA1 for cheese)

Snacks: Milk in coffees (half HEXA2), Banana, FF Yog, Apple, Ryvitas and Philly light (HEXB2 & half HEXA2), 2 glasses wine 12 syns

Syns: 12 syns

Last edited:
Naughty chocolate but like you say, it's gone now! I try to make a bit extra dinner each night when I know I'm working the next day so I can just microwave it up at lunch time. It works really well for me. The thought of salad on a cold day like today just doesn't appeal to me. Today I've got risotto which is left over from last night :) x

That's what I'm going to have to get in the habit of doing - I'm having leftover risotto tomorrow for lunch.
I have to say the veggie soup I had today was gorgeous! I wanted to recreate the Heinz spring veg soup and I think I did. I think the baked beans gave it the sweetness it needed, much better than salad!

I'm a bit stuck next week though - I want to do 2 red days but not sure what to do for lunch as leftovers probably won't be an option with what we're having the night before. Any ideas? I don't really want to use anything like potato or pasta as a HEXB as to me it defeats the object of doing a red day (May as well do EE) but I don't mind using a HEXB on something else. X

Thursday 30th January - Green

Breakfast: Egg sandwich and brown sauce (HEXB1 & 1 syn)

Lunch: Leftover risotto (HEXA1)

Dinner: Jacket potato, beans, RF cheddar and light triangles (HEXB2)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA2), banana, wine - 12 syns

Total syns: 13 syns

Last edited:
I've done some red days, tuna on a wholemeal roll because you have two B's if you have cereal for breakfast you can still use this one, chicken salad, tuna salad, soups are fine for red days too if you leave the beans and potato out. For tea, I've started doing carrot chips, a tip from someone else on here, with my chicken or fish or whatever so not missing out too much add lots of seasoning.

other than that I'm not a huge red day fan try to do 1 or 2 a week but like you say unless you buy lots of meat it's hard plus I feel like I'm doing success express as it's just some meat then she'd load of veg or salad. Good luck :)

Thank you for the ideas, I think winter lunches are going to be a struggle but I'll try and manage 2 days next week!
I'm ok for dinners as I think I'll just do a huge tray of roasted free veggies to spread over the 2 days, I can just cook hubby some oven chips then for his 'side'

The wine bug has caught me this week, so much for not drinking in the week. That added to my naughty Monday I don't hold out much hope for weigh in Saturday, but I guess we'll see. To be honest I'll be happy with a STS.

Had a very tiring day today, work is ramping up massively, I haven't had time for a lunch break all week! Looking forward to the weekend now to rest my brain lol! Then to add to that I had to think my way through my 2 hour welsh class tonight, Urgh my brain hurts!

Hope you've all had a fab day xx

TGIF!!!!

Friday 31st Jan - EE

Breakfast: FF yog & banana

Lunch: Veggie soup

Dinner: Pork Chow mein - with pork, mange touts, spring onions, babycorn, mushrooms, carrot - syns tbc for sesame oil and sweet chilli or hoisin.

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), grapes, apple, pear, HEXB tbc

Syns: TBC

Friday 31st Jan - EE Breakfast: FF yog & banana Lunch: Veggie soup Dinner: Pork Chow mein - with pork, mange touts, spring onions, babycorn, mushrooms, carrot - syns tbc for sesame oil and sweet chilli or hoisin. Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), grapes, apple, pear, HEXB tbc Syns: TBC

Loving the sound of that dinner!!!

Hope you have a fab day!

Ruth
Xx

Loving the sound of that dinner!!!

Hope you have a fab day!

Ruth
Xx

Thanks! I always like to cook something Chinese to celebrate Chinese New Year :)

I'm so disappointed with myself, I've put on 1.5lbs this week. I know why but I still can't help feeling annoyed.

I need to get a grip, only I can do this, nobody else. So annoyed with myself :-(

Sooty to hear Hun. You can do it, next week is yours and those scales will have a loss on them. Xx

Back