Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Yum, that looks lush. I love working from home as it means I can have nice lunches. It can be hard sometimes though as I have access to food constantly. Well done on doing the dvd, you will see the results in no time.xx

I know it was really nice but I totally get what you mean about access to food. At least when I'm in the office I can only eat what I've brought in with me!

The DVD was hard but as it's based on interval training it was only hard for a bit. What I'm going to find tough is fitting it in. My choices are: get up earlier at 5.30 and do it then, if I manage to get out of work early and get home at 5.30 do it before hubby and daughter get home, or do it while hubby is putting daughter to bed (the time I usually prep dinner) hmm I'll have to fit it in though I desperately need to include exercise in my life lol!

Mmm sausage sandwich for brekkie today. I managed to track down the Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages and they were gorgeous so I can see me having these quite often!

Attachments

• image-279264591.jpg
    image-279264591.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 36
Thursday 6th Feb - Green

Breakfast: WM Bread (HEXB1), 2 linda Mccartney red onion and rosemary sausages and ketchup - 0.5syns

Lunch: Leftover pasta bake from last night (HEXB2 & 1.5syns)

Dinner: Jacket potato, beans and cheese (HEXA1)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA2), mango, more of yesterdays roulade

Total syns: 2 planned

Last edited:
Thursday 6th Feb - Green Breakfast: WM Bread (HEXB1), 2 linda Mccartney red onion and rosemary sausages and ketchup - 0.5syns Lunch: Leftover pasta bake from last night (HEXB2 & 1.5syns) Dinner: Jacket potato, beans and cheese (HEXA1) Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA2), mango, more of yesterdays roulade Total syns: 2 planned

Ooo those sausages sound nice I have never had veggie sausages are they worth it? And the roulade sounds fab as well :)

Ruth
Xx

Hi everyone, hope you've all had great weekends!

I've had a great one but it's gone too quick...
Food wise I've probably been 75% and my weigh in Saturday morning was 1lb off, not great but a loss all the same.

Highlight of the weekend was taking my baby girl to the cinema for the 1st time today. It was a junior showing, only £1 a to key and about 8 people in the cinema. She sat down good for about 45mins then spent another 45mins running around with a little boy she made friends with. It was really lovely. We then went to nandos for lunch and she was really good then too (amazing for a 2yr old I think lol!)

Anyway here's my food for the weekend:

Friday:
Brekkie: banana
Lunch: jacket, beans & cheese, pineapple
Dinner: Chinese :-(

Saturday:
Breakfast: none
Lunch: WG pasta & sauce, with added veggies, grapes
Dinner: fish goujons made with WM breadcrumbs, new pots, carrots & mushy peas

Sunday:
Breakfast: boiled eggs, WM bread
Lunch: nandos Mediterranean salad with chicken
Dinner: takeaway noodles: noodles, veg, broccoli, teriyaki sauce. Minimal oil requested

Currently trying to warm up with a decaf coffee and a hot water bottle! And not think about work tomorrow.
On the plus side I gave Friday off so only a 4 day week phew! Plus I've got a mega busy day tomorrow and a day out of the office Tuesday so hopefully it'll go quickly...

Ooo those sausages sound nice I have never had veggie sausages are they worth it? And the roulade sounds fab as well :) Ruth Xx

When I last did SW and quorn sausages were free I used to eat liars but hot really sick of them after a while. These Linda McCartney ones tasted nothing like sausages really (better I think than trying to imitate meat) I read somewhere that they taste more like stuffing and that's probably right. But i quite liked that!
They were good for a green day but the sainsburys BGTY ones are only 0.5syns if you're doing red or EE and they actually taste like sausages lol!

Hi Sarah, looking good this week. And I am loving the wine strategy :) Interested to see how it works for you, as wine is one of my downfalls! X
Thanks! I don't know if it is working with my only 1lb loss this week but then again I did decide to have a fat-ass Chinese the night before weigh in so I'm sure that had something to do with it! My problem was I was hanging too much on that glass of wine and other naughties were following, so I think this strategy will keep me on the right path in the long run!

Well done on your 1lb off :) I love it when you do something new with a little one and they are really well behaved and have a great time.xx

Thank you!
We decided to give it a go as was only £1 a ticket so didn't mind if it was a flop but we had a truly wonderful day.
I really try and value our weekends as it's the only 2 days we get to spend together, so it's lovely to do something really nice!x

Another Monday urrrghhhh... And because we ended up being out all day yesterday, my meal plans are a bit all over the place, and the red days I was planning on having Monday/Tuesday are now EE days as I made a lovely lamb and barley broth/cawl which was supposed to be yesterday's lunch and is now work lunches.
To be fair though my red/green combos last week didn't seem to get me anywhere so maybe EE will be kinder to me...

Monday 10th Feb - EE

Breakfast: Banana, FF Yog

Lunch: Lamb, barley and veg broth/cawl with WM Bread (HEXB)

Dinner: Sausage 'roast dinner': Linda Mc sausages, roast pots & parsnips, mashed swede & carrot, green beans and peas & sweetcorn. Gravy - 1 syn

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA), apple, grapes, blue riband (5 syns)

Total syns: 6

Last edited:
Can't beat those dinners. Really want to have sausage and mash now lol.

Hope you have had a good day xx

Can't beat those dinners. Really want to have sausage and mash now lol.

Hope you have had a good day xx

I think I felt like I missed out on a roast dinner on Sunday (we don't have one every week but I obviously wanted one!), so I had to recreate a sausage roast dinner last night, yum yum. I was also craving mashed carrot and swede so made loads of that too.
The lamb broth didn't hit the spot for lunch yesterday so I made another sausage dinner for my lunch today!

I'm in Hereford for an all day meeting today, I just hope the rain stops as it's about a 15min walk from the station and I got soaked just walking from the car to the train this morning. What a horrible day, I'm starting to wonder if this rain will ever stop!

Tuesday 11th Feb - EE

Breakfast: FF yog and banana

Lunch: Sainsburys BGTY sausages (1 syn), mashed swede and carrots, green beans, gravy (1 syn)

Dinner: Salt and pepper chicken (from recipe on here), with stir fried veg and noodles

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees and a babybell light (HEXA), Alpen lights (HEXB)

Syns: 2

Last edited:
Urgh, yeah hate it when the weather's like this!

Just disovered those BGTY sausages, so great for the syns! Nowhere near me seems to sell the free LM ones so now given up looking for them!

Much planned for your long weekend? Only 3 days to go :)

X

Oh no, hope it does stop. It's been bad here too. Starting to go sunny but cold with it. We had snow earlier.

Good sounds yummy. I made the salt and pepper chicken not long ago, really enjoyed it. Xx

Hello!!

Food looks lovely! Weather appalling here as well but I do live in Scarborough and really should expect this!! ;)

Hope it all improves for you though- I just got soaked so I know how you feel!

Ruth
Xx

Hi,

Well I never made it to Hereford. Flooding meant we got as far as Newport then had to come back again! Still we diverted our meeting to one of our other Cardiff offices so I still managed to get loads done being away from my normal office.

Luckily I've managed to dodge the rain for the rest of the day too, just a bit of drizzle walking home (after a trip to M&S for their £20 Valentines meal deal!!)

Luckily I was home early though. I did think about doing my Josie workout but my feet are killing me from a bit too much walking in uncomfy boots, so instead I prepped all the veg for tea so all I've got to do is stir fry it all!

I'm expecting big things from the salt and pepper chicken, hope it's as good as I hope!

Waiting now til hubby and daughter get home, for me to persuade her she really should have a bath tonight after last nights tantrum and refusal (we don't bath her every night as she suffers quite badly from eczema).

Then tonight will consist I think of watching last nights walking dead, and a nice soak in the bath.

Back