Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Morning everyone,
Hope you all had fab weekends - mine was a tale of two halves. Saturday was fab as hubby was working so I took our daughter to a St David's Day family fun day which she absolutely loved and had me running around after her the whole time (I might try and post a piccie of her later).

Sunday however this head cold hit a high with both me and hubby too exhausted to do anything. We managed shopping in the morning but didn't really have much energy for anything else to be honest. I managed to batch cook chicken in a sweet garlic sauce in the slow cooker which we'll have for tea tomorrow, and also cook some salmon up and make salads for lunches for the next two days but that's about it so we ended up having a Chinese last night. I didn't eat too much of it though as I found it a bit rich plus lost my appetite a bit.

So food looked like this:

Saturday (green):
Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: Wedges and spaghetti hoops
Dinner: Spaghetti with creamy pesto from the extra easy cookbook - delish!

Sunday (EE):
Breakfast: ham & cheese omelette
Lunch: a slice of cheese on toast
Dinner: Chinese: 2 chicken balls, 2 sesame prawn toast, a small portion of noodles and a few salt & pepper prawns

Monday 3rd March - EE

Breakfast: Banana and FF yog

Lunch: Salmon, new potatoes, green beans and salad

Dinner: 5 spice sticky gammon, pak choi and noodles - 0.5 syns (from the extra easy cookbook)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffee (HEXA), Alpen light (HEXB), satsumas, grapes, apple

Total syns: TBC

Last edited:
Thank you, I feel much better today. My head was swimming all day yesterday and I was so tired.
Today it's progressed to an annoying tickly cough but my head's clear and my nose has stopped streaming so that's better!

On the plus side, it looks as though my hubby has booked us a sneaky night away somewhere on Friday for my birthday which is quite exciting! No idea where, I'm guessing it's in Cardiff and it's definitely got a pool as he's told me to pack a swimming costume. So I've got no intention of being good on the weekend now as I will definitely be enjoying myself fully! How exciting!

Thank you. He has given a few more clues and I have a sneaky suspicion that we are going to stay at the hotel/manorhouse where we got married, so that'll be really lovely. I can't wait now, it's all very exciting!

Well today I think I am ODing on fruit teas. I have a really annoying tickly cough and feel the need to keep drinking constantly (even though it doesn't seem to be doing much). I had a delish salmon salad for lunch though with some leftover cooked new pots, green beans and peas, as well as a load of salad veg.

I'm very excited about my tea though - sticky 5 spice gammon from the extra easy cookbook (my friend brought it in and I pinched a few recipes!), she said it's really good so I hope it is!

Hope you're all having good days, I think I'm going to try and finish just after 4 so I can pop to Poundland before going home (sad I know!) but they do fab kids craft and colouring sets etc, plus lots of low syn choccies cheap as well! Plus it means I'm doing a bit of walking on top of my walk to and from town lunchtime x

Here's a pic of the sticky gammon. It was nice but was a bit over salty as the gammon I had in was smoked, I think unsmoked would have worked much better. Nice though

Attachments

• image-2504825470.jpg
    image-2504825470.jpg
    591.3 KB · Views: 27
And here's a pic of my little welsh flower from St David's Day!

Attachments

• image-3398947499.jpg
    image-3398947499.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 35
Awww, how adorable! :D Dinner looks great as well! Happy st davids day!!! When exactly is it? (I'm rubbish at dates, sorry...)

X

Haha don't worry it was Saturday - 1st March.
Today it's more like 'Happy Pancake Day' hmmm I'm going to struggle to resist those tonight!

Well another busy day in work today, I had some big projects I needed to finish last week so I'm busy catching up with everything else now! Still got this tickly cough but it's much better than it was.

Little madam decided to get up at 5am today though so I'm going to be propping my eyelids open by this afternoon I think... never mind at least it gave me time to straighten my hair properly - always look at the positive!

Hope you have a fab day xx

Tuesday 4th March - EE

Breakfast: FF yog and banana

Lunch: Salmon salad as yesterday

Dinner: Slow cooked sweet garlic chicken (1 syn), with hasselback potatoes and veggies

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), Alpen light (HEXB), fruit

Awww she is adorable. How sweet of your hubby, hope you have a great time, in sure you will. So thoughtful of him. :)

Food looks and sounds delish.

Have a good day xx

Thank you I'm really looking forward to it.

Well yesterday we ended up having pancakes for tea, oops! But i didn't have anything else so surely not so bad...
Today I've been good with nana brekkie, quorn chilli for lunch then my slow cooked garlic chicken (finally!) with rice for tea.

Now tomorrow is my bday so I'm not expecting to be good, going to nandos with the girls for lunch so I'll be good there, then hubby's cooking tea.

I may have blown it this week but I'm going to try a fishy week next week, plus I've given up chocolate and mon-thurs drinking for lent, hopefully help me shift some lbs! X

I'm going to try and be strong tomorrow and go for the butterflied chicken breast with just salad for a side so hopefully guilt free! However we'll see how strong I'm feeling tomorrow!x

Back