Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Morning everyone,

Well I am especially zombie like today. Daughter isn't well at all with a terrible nappy rash which kept her up pretty much all night. Hubby has an 8.30 docs appointment to see what it is. Poor thing, it was bothering her so much, so she went to bed 7-9.30, then got up for about 1.5hrs, went to bed again until 1.30, up again for an hour, and a really angry red rash had appeared. After much persuasion went back to sleep until 5. Needless to say I'm exhausted and with some busy meetings I'm not sure how I'll get on today. Looking forward to bedtime!

I just hope the doctor knows what it is and doesn't just say it's nappy rash because it's definitely bothering her more than that. Trouble is she's not quite old enough to explain how it hurts just to say that it hurts.

Oh well, means I'd better keep the coffee coming today!

Hope you all had better nights sleep than me lol!

Tuesday 18th March - EE

Breakfast: Beans on WM toast (HEXB)

Lunch: Couscous, roasted peppers and onion, ham - 0.5syns

Dinner: Slow cooked sweet garlic chicken (2 syns), with roasted new potatoes and veg

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), banana, apple, grapes, FF yog

Syns: 2.5 planned

Hey Hun. Well done on the loss that's fab! Sorry to hear about your little one. Hope she is better and the drs don't fib you off. Xx

Thanks girls. Doc has indeed given us mild steroid cream, the same one in fact we have for her eczema. Said it's just really bad nappy rash. Going to stay at home with her tomorrow if it's still bad but nappy off all day has helped massively.

Exhausted tonight though so I'm afraid we've succumbed to a takeaway. Nandos style Piri Piri chicken salad, with a few fries. So not too bad, no pitta or bun or anything.

Hope you've all had good days and thank you for your advice xx

Ah bless her, hopefully with no nappy on it will ease the rash a bit. I used to love watching my two toddling around with no nappies on.
I hope she has a better nights sleep tonight and hopefully you will feel better if you all get a good nights sleep.
As for the takeaway, I don't blame you for having it. Atleast you had a nice healthy one, so won't do you any damage :) xx

Morning everyone!
Well I'm home with little miss today, and the good news is she slept all night! She's still very red but doesn't seem to be sore anymore so that's great, nappy off day again and a good opportunity to get her using the potty a bit more :)

I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I'm up 1.5lbs :-( so I'm going to try really hard today and tomorrow.

I'm going to weigh on Friday morning as me and hubby have date night again Friday so we'll probably eat out x

The best thing I can advise for your wee one's nappy rash is egg white!

Just spread it on and let it go sticky then seal up her nappy...it puts a coating on the skin meaning her pee just slides off which gives the skin a chance to heal!

Honestly...it's brilliant! My little one only had nappy rash whenever teething but it was blisters and the poor soul couldn't even sit :(
I put it on at night and noticed a big different in the morning...it's brilliant!!x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for your advice xmisskx - I haven't heard of that one before but it makes sense!

Luckily miss is pretty much all better. The steroid cream, combined with 2 days nappy-free has calmed it right down. She's still slightly sore but only to touch so she's back in creche today.

Yesterday I was ok, but I think I had a bit too much cheese, and also I had 2 mini welshcakes naughty naughty.
Sticking to it 100% today - but I've got a long day with my Welsh class tonight so I'm hoping the coffee keeps me going!x

Thank you! I've had no phone call from creche so I'm guessing she's been fine today, I won't see her tonight though as I won't be home until 8 so will rely on hubby to fill me in on the details!

Thinking forward to next week before tomorrow's weigh in. I have a crazy stumble block weekend!
Friday we've got a date night so we're thinking of going to a local steakhouse I haven't tried, if we do I've had a look at the menu and I'm going to go for steak and coconut prawns, but opt for salad instead of chips, although the chips are supposed to be amazing so I will be pinching some of hubby's (whether he likes it or not!).

Then Saturday I'm meeting a friend and we're going to watch Wicked at the theatre in Cardiff. It will be a day of drink and food I'm afraid, with the matinee performance stuck in the middle! We're going to wetherspoons for lunch though so I'm going to have sweet chilli chicken noodles as I know they're low syn. Then dinner I have no idea where we're going...

So these are going to be my naughty days. I plan to cook a roast dinner on Sunday so will keep that as low syn as possible, then in the week I'm going to go for a strict plan of chopped fruit salad and yoghurt for brekkie, and salad of some sort for lunch, either carb free or with a few new potatoes.
Then tea's will be low syn stuff too.

I'm also going to try really hard to fit in some exercise too, not exactly sure how though as I'm travelling away for 3 out of the 5 days, but it looks like early starts and early-ish finishes so not so bad.

Hope you've all had fab days, roll on Friday (but not weigh in eek!)!

Thursday 20th March - Green

Breakfast: FF Yog and banana

Lunch: Couscous (0.5), roasted peppers and ham (HEXB1)

Dinner: Jacket potato, beans and cheese (HEXA1)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA2), Alpen light (HEXB2), apple, pear, mugshot

Total syns: 0.5

Well I'm feeling pretty miserable this morning as I've put on 1lb :-(

I've got my goals for next week (fruit for brekkie, salad for lunch), and I'm going to try really hard to somehow fit some exercise into my day. I think that must be the key.

On the plus side, it's date night tonight and I'm looking forward to a lovely girly day with my friend tomorrow as well as seeing Wicked which I've wanted to see for years! xx

Morning everyone!

Well I've had a super indulgent but fab weekend!

Had a lovely meal Friday night at a local steakhouse and I was good and went for salad instead of chips, but I did have breaded coconut prawns and peppercorn sauce with it!

Then Saturday I went to see Wicked on tour, and it was amazing! But I ate and drank soo much! On the plus side I tried Wetherspoons' chicken and vegetable piri piri skewers with rice and salad for lunch and I think they're pretty low syn. They were really nice so I'd definitely try them again.

Then yesterday we took our daughter to one of the cheapy weekend kids showings at the cinema (bargain £1 a ticket!) to see Frozen, which was fab!
I then cooked a healthyish roast dinner (apart from the home made yorkies!), but we finished the day with a Chinese badbadbad.

So needless to say I'm trying super hard from today. I'm also desperate to fit some exercise in...
So for starters I got off the lift early and walked the last floor, which I'll do all week then try and up it to 2 floors the week after etc. Plus I'll finish earlier and do a brisk walk home and hopefully fit in my Josie Gibson dvd when I get home too.
I really think exercise is the key, I don't do anything and I can really notice it when we go on a long walk or I have to run for the train etc. I need to get fitter!!!

Hope you all had great weekends, I will catch up with all your diaries later today x

Monday 24th March - EE

Breakfast: Fruit salad and FF Greek Yog

Lunch: Beef salad

Dinner: Roast chicken, savoury rice and salad, light salad cream - 2 syns

Snacks etc: Milk in coffee (part HEXA), Banana, apple, mango, ryvitas (HEXB) with 1 triangle Laughing Cow Light Blue (part HEXA)

Total Syns: 2

Exercise:
Walking up last flight of stairs in work x 2
Walking down 5 flights of stairs in work x 1
Brisk 20min lunchtime walk

Last edited:
Back