Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Today's food:

Monday 31st March - success express

Breakfast: strawberries and grapes, FF Greek yoghurt

Lunch: salad (2/3) and chicken (1/3)

Dinner: balsamic beef, carrot and mushroom casserole, roasted new pots (1/3), carrots and tinned tomatoes (2/3) - 1 syn

Snacks: milk in coffees (HEXA) apple, pear, alpen light (HEXB), HB egg, slice of cake - 10 syns (I'm also deliberately not having my second HEXB to try and counteract the cake)

Total syns: 11

Tonight's success express dinner, but of a weird combo but I was a bit short of super free veg!

Attachments

• image-2669191998.jpg
    image-2669191998.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 40
I haven't had tinned tomatoes in ages, they were yum and so cheap! Hubby doesn't like them so he had extra casserole and potatoes and I did him a pile of peas with the carrots

Kids films are the best. I love despicable me. Keep going on the stairs Sarah, it all helps and will help with your fitness. I work at a special school so it is all level so no opportunity for any sort of exercise at work. I am a lazy so and so anyway and would probably keel over if I had to climb more than 12 steps!

That's the thing - I have stairs available so I have no excuse really!

I love despicable me as well but I preferred the first one - I think the second one had too much hype and I was expecting too much. I'll have to watch it again to make a better decision!

Yes it was lovely and sweet with balsamic, and passata, I'll definitely make it again.

Here's the recipe, I substituted the brown sugar with sweetener, but added cornflour hence the syns. Not worth it though a a needed a lot more to thicken which I wasn't willing to spend the syns on!

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/balsamic-braised-beef

Morning everyone! Well I'm quite pleased with my success express day yesterday. It was a bit tricky as it was quite unplanned so I probably didn't have all the veg in that I should have.

I've got a bit of a dilemma for tea tonight though... I have a gammon joint which I roasted on Sunday so I want to do something with that, but I also have a bag of stir fried veg. Has anyone ever tried making a stir fry with gammon as the meat?
I'm a bit dubious so I was thinking I might make a load of egg fried rice, with gammon chunks, peas, sweetcorn, spring onions and mushrooms. I would have this as my 1/3 then have stir fried veg on the side as my 2/3 but I'm not sure it will stretch that far as it's only a small bag between 2 of us. So I may also have some frozen cauli/broccoli with it too.

I've got a busy catch-up day in work today. I've already done my first walk up the stairs, and I'll have another lunchtime walk too.
Hopefully I'll get away early so I walk home too.

Now to start munching my fruit and yoghurt for brekkie...

Good morning hun,
That looks lovely. I don't eat ham but could do it without. Yum yum.
I'm not sure stir fry would go with it though, could you not freeze the stir fry and have it another day?
Well done on your first lot of steps. I've also just done my first lot of crunches and sit ups.
Hope you have a nice easy day at work and get to finish early.xx

Can you freeze stir fry? I've never tried.
Maybe it will keep until tomorrow, I need a quick dinner tomorrow as I won't be back from London until 8ish so stir fry would be good, with some prawns and maybe some rice or noodles.

Tuesday 1st April - Success Express

Breakfast: Strawberries, grapes and FF Greek yog

Lunch: Salad (2/3) and chicken (1/3)

Dinner: Cheese, potato and ham bake (HEXA1) (1/3) served with some sort of veg (to be decided dependng on what's in Tesco!) (2/3)

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA2), Alpen light (half HEXB1), 1 triangle chicken and stuffing sandwich on WM from buffet (half HEXB1 & 5 syns for chicken and stuffing), HEXB2 TBC

Total syns: 5 so far

Well I had a lovely brisk walk around Cardiff lunchtime, followed by a walk up the 2 flights of stairs. I managed to pick up a load of cute Easter bits in Poundland, and I popped into the market for my superfree veg - I picked up a swede, a bunch of carrots, a couple of leeks and a huge cauliflower (all for less than £4).
So I may have changed my mind again about tea... I think I'm going to make a take on corned beef hash with the gammon - so it'll be sliced leeks, cubed par-boiled potatoes, chunks of ham, fried in my HEXB of olive oil.
Then I've decided I really fancy cauliflower cheese so I'm going to have a go at making that using a slimming world recipe I found which uses eggs and cottage cheese, with my HEXA of cheese on top. I might do some swede and carrot mash to up my superfree and do enough of both for tomorrow's dinner too (stir fry veg will have to last yet another day!).

Can you tell my chicken salad for lunch really didn't fill me up if I'm getting excited about dinner already...

Well I did end up having a lovely dinner. I made a hash with fried potatoes, leeks, garlic and chunks of gammon at the end, using my HEXB of olive oil. Then I made a swede and carrot mash, and a cauliflower cheese bake out of a slimming world book - it used cottage cheese and eggs as the 'sauce' and HEXA of cheese on the top. It wasn't quite cauliflower cheese but it saved an awful lot of syns x

Back