Sarah83's Food diary and ramblings...

I'm so pleased with my day yesterday - I didn't feel like I was depriving myself at all, all my meals filled me up and I only used 2 syns! My turkey burgers were gorgeous - I just mixed the turkey mince with garlic, spring onion, chilli, cumin and paprika. And topped with light cheese slices.
With the rest of the mince I made a chilli for tomorrow night's tea - packed full of veggies I think it'll be hard to find the meat in there!

Not sure if I'm snacking too much though? I guess I'll worry about that a couple of weeks down the line.

My porridge exploded in the microwave again today, does anyone have any tips to stop this happening? If not I guess I'll have to start doing it in the hob but seems like a silly way to make more washing up in the morning...

Maybe your microwave is on too much of a high setting? I used to have mine on max and I had the same problem every morning. Also stirring it halfway through helps :) x

Maybe your microwave is on too much of a high setting? I used to have mine on max and I had the same problem every morning. Also stirring it halfway through helps :) x

Oh I did stir it but I had it on max so I'll try it on 80% tomorrow and maybe for a bit shorter time - thank you! Xx

Hey, here to sub :) food is looking lovely in your pictures x

Thank you! I didn't realise how dark the pic of my burgers was though, oops! You can barely see them!

Not sure if dinner tonight may be slightly ruined though, recipe said it was supposed to take 15mins and it's already been on for over 45mins and the potatoes are nowhere near cooked. I guess I didn't cut them small enough. Hope it's still ok.

Honestly I'm not normally a disaster cook, just having a few dodgy days I think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Tracey, I do feel like I'm having a good week, just hope it pays off on the scales as I wasn't 100% on the weekend...

Well dinner was nice in the end, I ended up putting it in the oven to finish off. Not nice enough to make again though, maybe would have been nicer with real mince rather than quorn.

Well I finally did my ice bucket challenge tonight (I was nominated about a week ago), I look huge on the video but I guess that's just more motivation.

Anyway here's a pic of my dinner, sorry I'd already made a start when I took the pic!

Attachments

• image-2833942094.jpg
    image-2833942094.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 47
woohoo my porridge didn't explode this morning! Cooked it at 80% which obviously did the trick so thank you Kally for the suggestion.
I borrowed about 10 Slimming World books off my friend in work who goes to class, so I've pinched a load of recipes which I'll look to try next week, and I'm going to ask her to pick a couple up for me, the ones I really like.
I'll start meal planning for next week later with lots of new recipes!

Wednesday 3rd September - EE

Breakfast: 35g porridge (HEXB) & 200ml skimmed milk (part HEXA) with raspberries and blueberries

Lunch: Leftover Quorn and potato hash, green beans

Dinner: Turkey and veg chilli, rice, broccoli/cauliflower, cheese - 5 syns

Snacks: Milk in coffees (part HEXA), 2 apples, fruit salad: melon, strawbs, orange , nectarine, 2 ham slices and cottage cheese

Total Syns: 5

Last edited:
Well today was the closest I've been to caving in, I was starving when I finished work and could have eaten anything but I didn't give in and treated myself to 5 syns of cheese on my chilli!

Shattered today so an early night I think. The dummy fairy is visiting tomorrow to take away all of my daughters dummies in return for a brand new dolly, so I expect a few rough nights after that!

Anyway here is a photo of tonight's tea, very yummy

Attachments

• image-2058418175.jpg
    image-2058418175.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 40
Today feels like a naughty day but it really isn't (lack of chopping I think)! Perhaps a bit low on superfree but it's a green day so technically I don't have to have it.

Thursday 4th September - Green

Breakfast: porridge (HEXB1 and part HEXA1) blueberries

Lunch: 2 mugshots

Dinner: Jacket with beans, light cheese triangles (HEXA2) and RF cheddar (HEXB2)

Snacks: apple, fruit salad: orange, strawbs, melon, cottage cheese, HB egg, 2 gingernut biscuits (3.5syns)

Total syns: 3.5 syns

Well my first weigh in this morning and... 3.5lb off!!

I'm chuffed to bits with that! I had 4 100% days with minimal syns, then 3 not so good days when I probably went over with wine but then I didn't eat too badly on those days.

Here's to another great week!

Today I am working from home so I can actually get things done without office distraction. Plus I work in Cardiff and means I can get away from the NATO disruption we've had over the last couple of days. And I'll have plenty of exercise later as hubby is going out so I'm on nursery pick up duty, and as I don't drive it's a 45min walk each way, and up the top of a hill. So plenty of exercise today.

I'm also going to spend half an hour later meal planning for next week, using all the new recipes I've got from my friends books, ready for shopping tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great day xx

Last edited:
Friday 5th September - EE

Breakfast: Quorn sausages (the free ones), WM roll (HEXB) and brown sauce - 0.5syns

Lunch: Salad pot from Sainsburys, mostly free but there was some dressing on some of the salads, I avoided anything with mayo though. Maybe 5 syns

Dinner: Pitta with fries, salad and garlic mayo (aargh!)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), 3 pink wafer biccies (10/11?), bag of crisps (3.5) and wine...

Last edited:
Found you :)

Will read through tonight, need to take my kitten to the vets to get registered :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Found you :)

Will read through tonight, need to take my kitten to the vets to get registered :)

Ah how cute! We're looking to get a kitten after Christmas. We haven't had any pets since our cat passed away over a year ago, and I think our daughter is just about old enough for one now as she's really good with animals and loves cats!

Do you have any other pets?

Well I managed to blow it a bit yesterday. I was so shattered after the long walk to nursery and back that I couldn't be bothered to cook. That coupled with hubby on his way back at the right time meant I succumbed to a takeaway - I had a pitta bread with fries, salad and garlic mayo. I guess it could have been worse but certainly not great. Oh and I had a few glasses of wine too.

Back on it today - just managed to talk hubby out of a McDonald's breakfast, the cheek of it!

Plan today- weekly shopping trip to Aldi this morning then this afternoon we'll have a stroll into town, spend some time at the library before taking Bella for her second ever haircut, hope she behaves and sits still!

Same as me last night :O bacon and egg sandwiches and much more lol. It's learning to stay on plan after these hiccups though that lead to success... I'm straight back on plan today xx

Oh Sarah I had a bad day yesterday too, sounds like you weren't too bad though which is good!

I had a tough and depressing night at work on Thursday night and came home and just needed to have white baguette and crisps (big bag) but I actually managed to get back on track in the evening so pleased with that, need to be extra good now for the next few days :)

Like Lisa said these things happen and I'm guessing they always will but as long as you get straight back on track we should be ok :)

My weightloss diary
http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=342902

Thank you. I haven't felt in the zone at all the last couple of days, not sure why.
We decided to go to wetherspoons for lunch, I opted for the sweet chilli noodles with chicken which I know are low so I'm pleased with myself there.

Anyway here's my food for today:

Saturday 6th September - EE

Breakfast: boiled egg and WM roll in soldiers (HEXB) with flora lighter than lighter

Lunch: wetherspoons sweet chilli noodles with chicken

Dinner: sainsburys BGTY sausages with sautéed potatoes and broccoli

Yumyumyum

Tomorrow lunch is going to be a naughty choice as we're going to a food festival so I'll be having something there. But I'll make a syn free cottage pie for tea.

Oh I have had a naughty weekend.
Had a lovely day yesterday in the sunshine enjoying a food festival at a local outdoor museum, and the kids loved it. I didn't eat too badly, had 2 dinky donuts, and half a wild boar hot dog for lunch. Avoided the ice cream.

But then last night we ended up having a Chinese grrr. So I'm back on it with a vengeance today, I am feeling quite guilty for the weekend as I really didn't try as hard as I could, so I just need to practice excessive damage limitation for the rest of the week now...

Back to work today, salad for lunch!

Back