Sarah83's Food diary and ramblings...

Hi Sarah, enjoyed ready your diary. You have some great ideas, subscribed to your thread. I only started 3 weeks ago and need all the inspiration I can get, so thanks for sharing.

I'm subscribing to this Sarah! Sounds like we're very similar with our slimming habits - I like the diet to fit in with my lifestyle too, not the other way around! But some of your menus look yummy so I'm hoping to get inspiration from you! :)

Hi! Yes I totally agree with you. I had this discussion with some of the girls in work who do SW - what's the point in dieting and being miserable, never going out and never treating yourself. I think you've just got to accept that life gets in the way sometimes, and adapt to make SW fit into your life even if it means you lose a bit slower.

Then again I really should have said no to the 2 glasses of wine last night after I'd already had a treat of a piece of birthday cake in work... feeling slightly guilty for blowing the syns midweek. Must try harder today :)

Hi Sarah, enjoyed ready your diary. You have some great ideas, subscribed to your thread. I only started 3 weeks ago and need all the inspiration I can get, so thanks for sharing.

Thanks Soooze! How have you done in your first 3 weeks? Do you do SW from home or go to a class?

I do like trying lots of new recipes, last night I made singapore noodles from the Family Feasts on a Budget book. It was delish! Although I made way too much so leftovers for lunch today, when I had originally planned on having a green day. Never mind! Tonight I'm doing a yummy looking 'Cheesy Mushroom Pasta' from the All in One SW cookbook. Looking forward to that.

I think this week I am subconsciously filling all our meals with chilli, garlic, turmeric and lots of 'good for you' things to try and prevent myself catching the horrible cold which is going round the office...

Yesterday I failed miserably. I am not holding out much hope at all for weigh in tomorrow...

Wednesday 24th September - EE

Breakfast: porridge
Lunch: leftover Singapore noodles
Dinner: pizza and garlic bread :-(
Snacks: Apple, carrot sticks, mango, wine :-(

That pesky wine!! It's evil on purpose I'm sure of it.

My motto is "there's no point in being skinny if you haven't got any friends to enjoy it with!" if I get to target by my target date it would have taken me four years. But in these four years I've made more friends, done more things than I thought I ever could do and my confidence has come on in leaps and bounds. It's about your mental well-being as well as your body!

Hi Sarah sorry for delay in reply. I'm doing SW from home and lost 10.5lb, I weigh on Tuesdays. Fell off plan the last few days so I must make more effort to come on here and read threads for inspiration to keep my motivation up. Hoping I can be really good all week as I'm off on holiday the week after and that will not be eating (or drinking) to SW plan!!!

Well, how did your weigh in go? Hope you're still keeping on :)

Hi, sorry I've been very absent!

Well somehow miraculously I managed to lose 1.5lb last week! No idea how, I didn't deserve it at all but I'll take it anyway!

Now the weekend hasn't been great... Mainly due to a very rare night out after work on Friday...

Friday:
Breakfast: porridge
Snack: small slice of choc cake
Lunch: boots shapers chicken noodle salad
Tea: lots and lots of wine followed by a pizza

Saturday:
Lunch: feta and olive salad and a few chippy chips (hangover got the better of me)
Snack: half a cheese toastie, a few fries at soft play
Tea: sea bream, new potatoes, cabbage, profiteroles!

Sunday:
Out for Lunch: Leek and goats cheese croquette, roast lamb, apple crumble
Tea: WM toast and 'fried' eggs

So I'm hoping for damage limitation again by sticking to mainly red days with success express elements (i.e. 2/3 superfree and only superfree snacks) in the hope that I stay the same next week! Here's hoping! Then we're off on our holibobs on Sunday so my next challenge will be to get straight back on it when we get back!

Hope you're all ok, I'm having a travelling day today on my way to Milton Keynes so will have a little nose at everyone's diaries later on.

Hi all,

I've just returned from holiday - 2 days at Peppa Pig World and 4 at Butlins to celebrate my daughters 3rd birthday. It wasn't exactly a relaxing holiday rushing around watching shows, going on rides etc, but she had a great time!
Anyway with an all-you-can-eat buffet morning and evening I managed over 2 weeks to put on a whopping 4lbs!

Back to reality with a bang today - early start, dark morning, back on the wagon!
I'd love to lose 2lbs this week so we'll see how I go.

Travelling day today for a meeting in Birmingham, so I'm prepared with pack-up brekkie, and casserole out the freezer for tea. Lunch will be bought so I will hope for somewhere that has good choices.

Hope everyone is ok, I'm sure I'll get through everyone's diaries over the next few days!

Monday 13th October - EE

Breakfast: Magic porridge with FF blackcurrant yog and frozen fruit (HEXB)

Lunch: Pret a Manger soup: healthy chicken, broccoli and brown rice. I would think it was all free ingredients as there was no mention of oil.

Dinner: Beef casserole (1 syn), fry light roasties, carrots, cabbage

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA), mango, strawberries, 2 quorn fillets and sweet chilli sauce - 1syn, birthday cake slither - 5 syns

Total syns: TBC

Last edited:
Dinner

Attachments

• image-4161027480.jpg
    image-4161027480.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 31
What's magic porridge please? :)

It's the same as 'overnight oats'.

You mix your HEXB 35g of porridge with whatever yoghurt you like and fruit, and leave in a tub overnight for brekkie.

Very yummy, I'm currently using Yeo Valley 0% blackcurrant yoghurt and frozen raspberries.
Good if you don't want to use your HEXA on milk at brekkie x

Back