Sarah83's Food diary and ramblings...

Monday 8th Sept - Red

Breakfast: Porridge (HEXB1 & part HEXA1) and blueberries

Lunch: ham salad, EL mayo - 1 syn, tiny bit of sweetcorn - 1 syn

Dinner: beef burgers, WM roll (HEXB2), cheese slices (HEXA2), ketchup - 1 syn, broccoli

Snacks: Milk in coffees (part HEXA1), apple, fruit salad: melon, strawbs, orange, blueberries, seafood sticks

Total syns: 3

Hi Sarah,

Looks like you had a fab day yesterday with lots of super free foods! I've never done a red day, ever, I'm just not that into meat but then saying that looking at it it's not that different to some of my extra easy days anyway so I maybe I could do it, I don't snack quite so much now - I think that's what use to put me off cause I wouldn't want to snack on meat but if you snack on fruit that I suppose it would work, must be good for weightloss!

I started my exercise yesterday, need to keep it up now, how about you?

Hope you have another great day :)

My weightloss diary http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=342902

Hi Sarah, Looks like you had a fab day yesterday with lots of super free foods! I've never done a red day, ever, I'm just not that into meat but then saying that looking at it it's not that different to some of my extra easy days anyway so I maybe I could do it, I don't snack quite so much now - I think that's what use to put me off cause I wouldn't want to snack on meat but if you snack on fruit that I suppose it would work, must be good for weightloss! I started my exercise yesterday, need to keep it up now, how about you? Hope you have another great day :) My weightloss diary http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=342902

Hi Tracey,

I find red days give really good losses, I tend not to stick to them for long because they're so expensive! So I'm trying one a week at the mo.
I'm different though - I love snacking on meat - ham slices, seafood sticks, bits of cooked chicken. But you can still snack on super free and things like eggs.

I'm also trying to fit in 1 or 2 meat-free green days after watching and reading a few things about diet I do believe eating less meat is better for your health (and definitely your wallet!) so I'm going to try and mix it up!

I didn't get much exercise yesterday - I have started walking up 2 flights of stairs in the office in the morning and I had a lunchtime half hour walk as well as a brisk 15min walk home too followed by lots of housework!

We've got a lady from an animal charity visiting Weds night to do a home check as we want to look into adopting 2 kittens. So I've been attempting to make the house look a lot less of a tip and the chaos of toys than it currently is...

Tuesday 9th September - EE

Breakfast: Porridge (HEXB & part HEXA), blueberries

Lunch: Ham salad, EL mayo - 1 syn

Dinner: Salt and chilli chicken (1 syn for cornflour), veggie noodles, pak choi

Snacks etc: Milk in coffee (part HEXA), apple, fruit salad: melon, blueberries, strawbs, orange. HB eggs

Total syns: 2

Last edited:
Urgh I am tired today. Little miss woke up at 4.30 and ended up in our bed, I didn't get much sleep after that. Hopefully the coffee will keep me going today.

Here's my plan:

Wednesday 10th September - Green

Breakfast: Porridge (HEXB1 & part HEXA1), raspberries

Lunch: Leftover veggie noodles

Dinner: jacket potato with beans and sausages (4 syns) and sautéed onion and mushroom, and cheese (HEXB2)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (part HEXA1), apple, berries, nectarine, carrot sticks, FF yog

Total syns: 4

Last edited:
Yesterday's food:

Thursday 11th September - Green

Breakfast: Magic porridge (HEXB1) & blueberries

Lunch: Pasta, EL mayo - 1 syn, salad veg, FF cottage cheese

Dinner: Mushroom risotto (1.5syn & HEXB2), green beans

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), apple, carrot sticks

Total syns: 2.5

Oooh weigh in morning, and the verdict is: - 1.5lbs!
I'm pleased with that as I was particularly bad last weekend but it took 4 very good days to pull it back!

Thinking about my challenges for the week ahead... The weekend should be fine - I will try and have 100% meals, but drink some wine and maybe have some cheeky snacks, particularly as I have a bit of a baking bug at the mo.
My main challenge will be Monday/Tuesday as I'm away in York for work (on my own). So I'll have an evening meal in the hotel which I can't guarantee will be good (or that I'll be able to resist a dessert!), a hotel breakfast (I'll try very hard to keep that SW friendly) and a buffet lunch on the Tuesday. Coupled with having to wait until about 10pm Tuesday for my tea and resisting anything offered on the train trolley.

Does anyone have any good ideas for snacks I can take with me to eat while I'm travelling (that's quite a weak point for me), that I don't necessarily need to keep chilled and doesn't use a HEX?

Congrats on the loss! How about some egg wraps? I got the recipe from another food diary http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/343268-everydays-sw-day-take-two.html but they are really yummy with ham or the free quorn sausages. I guess you could try lots of free things inside? x

Thank you :)

Those egg wraps look delish, I'd never think of doing a cold omelette. I think I'll make one for travelling to York on the Monday afternoon, but I guess it wouldn't keep for a day for the trip home.
I think I'll be sneaky at the hotel on Tuesday morning and grab some free foods (fruit, yoghurts etc) to have on the train home. Only because I won't be back til 10 - I'll be starving and susceptible susceptible to temptation...

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday 12th September - EE

Breakfast: WM roll and Linda McCartney sausages

Lunch: Mugshot

Dinner: takeaway chicken shish kebab with salad and 3 onion rings and a few of hubby's chips

Snacks etc: twix, wine

Saturday 13th September - EE

Breakfast: egg wrap with ham

Lunch: McDonalds Happy meal - cheeseburger and fries

Dinner: slow cooked 5 spice pork with steamed pak choi

Snacks etc: wine, Freddo

Sunday 14th September - EE

Breakfast: FF yoghurt, banana

Lunch: Fish goujons (HEXB for breadcrumbs), roasted new potatoes, green beans

Dinner: Sausages (1 syn), mash, green beans, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, gravy

Snacks etc: raspberries with a scoop of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, wine

I've just posted my food for the weekend, not great but not as bad as last weekend. My daughter was really poorly on Friday so I did lots of rushing around, to crèche and back and to the docs so it was definitely a grab and go day.

Saturday we picked up our adopted kittens, who are completely mad! And it was all a bit of a rush hence the McDonald's lunch, no excuse really but I did go for a better (smaller) choice than I would have done otherwise.

Today's highlight was lunch: homemade cod goujons with breadcrumbs from my HEXB bread, yum!

My lunch :)

Attachments

• image-3340153775.jpg
    image-3340153775.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 37
Next couple of days are going to be a bit washy washy as I'm just travelling to York for an overnight stay and a training course tomorrow.
I've prepared ahead for lunch today, and scanned the room service menu for the hotel (I don't do solo restaurant eating), and managed to devise a SW friendly hotel brekkie. I won't have any control over my buffet lunch tomorrow as likely to be sandwiches and crisps.

Anyway here's today:

Monday 15th Sept - Red

Breakfast: Porridge (HEXB&A), blueberries

Lunch: ham salad, EL mayo, M&S chilli prawns and a sweet chilli dip

Dinner: in hotel - Caesar salad with king prawns, fruit salad and Greek yoghurt.

Snacks: TBC

Our new arrivals :)

Attachments

• image-2542757384.jpg
    image-2542757384.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 37
Hi Sarah83,

It's my first time on MiniMins and your post has leapt out at me. I, like you, have done SW several times in the past, but am really determined to give it a good crack this time, and decided that having casually following this site, I'd sign up myself and create a profile/get posting. Will be following your journey as I tentatively start mine!

Sophie x

Awww they're so cute :) How old are they?

They're little monkeys! We had them from a charity who found them abandoned in an empty flat, the vet thinks they are about 5 and 6 months old respectively, so they're not brother or sister, but may as we'll be as they're inseparable.

Back