Sarahkins weight loss diary

Sarahkins

Another newbie starting up her diary!! lol

So, the basics about me, I'm Sarah :wavey: I'm 21 (22 next weekend) and I've got 100+ lbs to lose. I haven't really set a specific goal or date to aim for yet because everything seems so far away and I wan't to be as realistic about this as possible. I've dieted many many times in the past but set unrealistic goals and then when I failed to meet them I'd give up and pile all my hard work back on in weight. BUT I'm more determined than ever now that this can and will work.

I've also suffered with depression for a number of years now but through the help of medication and cognitive-behavioural therapy I'm starting to make little breakthroughs. Although my therapy concentrates on other aspects of my life (which I shan't bore you all with here lol) it's also helped me look at my diet with more realistic eyes. I WILL slip up some days, I WILL have days where the chocolate has to be eaten, I WILL have days where I'm so fed up I'll order a takeaway, I WILL have days where I feel like a failure and I should give up, BUT I CAN WORK THROUGH THEM AND RECOVER. For me, the first step to making this journey start was accepting all that.

I started attending a weight loss clinic at my doctors because it was cheaper than any of the other groups like weight watchers or slimming world etc, and although we don't follow a particular set out diet like other groups it's been going really well so far! Since joining on 18th April I've lost 30lb :party0049:

My weigh in's with the group are on Wednesday's so I'll post them here each week to keep track of how I'm doing.

I'll probably end up posting in here more often than that just about how I'm generally feeling about my diet etc, but hey, that's what diaries are for right.

OH, also if anyone's looking for a diet buddy I'm always up for a chat, I've never had a diet buddy before so having people to talk to about this stuff would be great.

Take care all!! xXx

Hello and welcome aboard :)

You seem to have the right attitude and frame of mind, so you are half way there already! I can relate to much of what you say, but always believe in yourself..this is do-able..no matter how long it takes!

I too have a lot to lose, and keeping a diary on here was the best thing I've done. You will receive lots of support and advice, we all understand and are all in the same boat, with the same goal in mind :)

Keep posting, there is always someome around to chat to. we will ALL be your buddies. I am on here every day to chat and update my diary. If you ever want to chat off the forum , please feel free to pm me anytime, I am a good listener..and have tried and failed with weight loss for too many years, so I know its not always easy, and as you say, when you have bad days, and we all do! the best thing to do is get right back on the wagon the next day, and recover from it :)

I had my 'lightbulb' moment at valentines weekend...and THIS time i truly, will do it. So sick and tired of looking and feeling like i do, so for my health AND my looks...i'm determined that this time there will be NO giving up and giving in!!!

Stay strong, stay focused...you WILL do this ,and I, and everyone else will help you along the way :D

I look forward to chatting with you. :)

p.s Very well done on your weight loss so far, that is a great result. I am doing this myself, but i recently started weighing in with the nurse too, for added support and motivation!

Thanks RainbowRose for the welcome :D

:eat: Om Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom :eat:

Just had dinner and have to give myself a lil pat on that back because it really was lush lol

I made this kind of risotto thing but using pearl barley instead of rice, added some onion and mushrooms and juice of a lime and a lemon, which probably won't sound appealing to some people but I do have a weakness for really strong flavours, so meals covered in lime/lemon juice always go down well with me lol

Did have to give myself a lil ticking off too tho :nono: I got distracted on the computer during the day and so forgot to have lunch and ended up snacking on a couple of jammy dodgers instead, and although calorie wise it evens things out, jammy dodgers aren't the most nutritional thing in the world lol, but hey ho not the end of the world!

welcome to the boards sarahkins.

well done on your loss so far thats great!
Keep it up! look forward to reading more from you :)

Thanks Aaliyah :D

:bunnydance: [STRIKE]Friday, Friday, Gotta get down on Friday[/STRIKE]...NO MUST NOT SING THAT!! lol

Nothing spectacularly interesting to report for today :sigh:

Breakfast - Weetabix & skimmed milk - about 200 cal
Lunch - tin of baked beans & some brown sauce - about 340 cal
Dinner - Pearl barley risotto style thingymajig - about 400 cal
Treats - half a small glass of wine (70 cal), weight watchers ginger/lemon biscuits (85 cal), squidgy chocolate cake (tweaked from the lowcal recipe board - 53 cal)

Total calories - 1148

Exercise - about 2 miles cycling

Not a bad day I think, haven't felt hungry at all, haven't hit my 5 a day but honestly I rarely do, I tend to eat large quantities of the same veg instead of 5 different ones, but oh well! May go and relax in front of the tv for a bit and have a banana.

oooo have just got the minimins app working on my phone!! very swish ^.^

Morning All!! (ok maybe it's afternoon but I've just got dressed so shall keep telling myself it's still morning for a while)

Seeing as the weather isn't terrible today I'm determined to go for a cycle somewhere, not sure where yet though, am also going to try out a new app I downloaded on my phone the other day which is supposed to use your phones GPS to track how far you've cycled, which would be interesting if it works! Shall let you know about that later.

So I'm gonna get off the computer before I get distracted and run out of day to do things in, see ya later!

I wouldnt call the weather nice really here, its still all cloudy and windy but the rain has let off this afternoon so it wasnt too bad for cycling...

The GPS thingy on my phone seemed to work perfectly!! It mapped out the route I took and tells me that it was 4.64 miles ^.^ not too shabby a distance in my eyes and gives me a goal post to aim for and beat in the future :D

I am however starving but I havent had lunch yet so think thats what Im gonna head off and do now, byeee

Soooo sleeeepy :zz:

Just been for another bike ride! This time it came in on the gps as 4.76 miles, which is remarkably close to earliers bike ride even though I went somewhere completely different :confused:

Anyhoo, so that means today I've cycled a total of 9.4 miles :bunnydance: , hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow with the same motivation...I somehow doubt it though lol

Food for today:
Breakfast - Weetabix & skimmed milk - about 200 cal
Lunch - slice of bread, butter, ham, 2 small bananas - about 400 cal
Dinner - Pearl barley, mushrooms, peas, lemon - about 350 cal
Treats - half a small glass of wine (70 cal) chocolate mousse (155 cal) lemon mousse (90 cal)

Approximate total - 1265

Sleep now? Please?

Well its weigh in time in a few hours so Im starting to get a bit nervous =\

Adding to the usual weigh in worries I know we're getting a new set of scales this week so I know this weeks results wont be 100% reliable because it seems no one ever ways the same on two different sets of scales so I dont know how seriously to take it =\

Im also starting to get a little worked up because its my birthday at the weekend and I know my mums throwing a party and I know my mums cooking so I know next weeks weigh in is gonna get me down...blurrghhh completely feel like just giving up today

Good luck with your weight in aslong as the scales tell you its a loss then thats good enough dont worry to much a loss is better then a gain :)

As for your birthday weekend enjoy yourself and just try to stick to healthy options hun if you want that piece of cake ask yourself twice and then if you still want it have half its your birthday after all and its only one day :) Dont stress to much and dont give up we all have moments when we could quite easily give in but then most of us feel worst for doing so I for one wish that i hadnt given up all the times i have tried to lose weight as now instead of a stone to lose i have more then 10 but hey ho whats done is done and now its time to start again and stick to it we can do this :)

Good luck at weigh in just remember we can do this and just think next year when its your bday again you will look back and see how much you have losted since this one chin up hun xx

don't give up hun! im sure with all the cycling you've been doing you'll have a good wi.will keep my fingers crossed for you.

As for the weekend, just try and get back to it the next day. 1 day off plan wont hurt, just try to be extra good the rest of the week and it'll balance out :)

Thanks guys ^.^

The weigh in went well, another 2lbs down :D will update my ticker later

2lb is brilliant! Well done...

Here's to another great week... roll on WI next week for another successful result!

:D

Blurgghhhhh :booboo:

Two weeks after my last post and now I'm back on the wagon finally!! After my birthday everything went a bit pear shaped...well cake shaped, pizza shaped, take away shaped, basically every shape other than what it should have been :party0051:

After stepping on the scales at home last week I opted to chicken out of going to weigh in and went shopping to blow my birthday money instead, which although cheered me up for the day it didn't get me eating properly again straight away. Think it was Saturday or Sunday when it hit home that I couldn't let myself slip back to old ways and I HAD to go to weigh in this week whether it was going to be a huge gain or not, so I spent the next few days being extra extra extra good and managed to loose all the weight I'd put on over my bad week, so that on weigh in day I weighed the same as the last time I went.

Not gonna beat myself up about the last few weeks anymore, yes I slipped up, but I got myself back to where I was before and now I'm ready to keep on loosing more, roll on next WI!!!

Newest discovery and a new favourite - the 308 calorie ham & pineapple pizza

Warburtons Square Wrap - 159 calories
Salsa - 32
2 laughing cow deli light with blue cheese squares - 50 calories
5 slices wafer thin ham - 36 calories
Pineapple chunks - 31 calories

20110715130220.jpg

Loved this so much last night! The wraps look really big on your plate so I felt like I was having a big pizza all to myself :eating:

Finally a pizza I can make quickly without the guilt! :greenapple:

Back