Sarahosaurus Exante Diary

@Magickxx How much so you pay if you don’t mind me asking. My weekly shop for 2 adults and 2 kids comes to about £80/90. Exante costs me £22 for one week. My weekly food shop this week came to £70. So total about £92. So I haven’t saved. Spent about the same, slightly more.

So when I saw Cambridge I think it said £2.50 per meal. Which is over £50 for the week. Does that seem about right?

Last edited:
Thats great, keep at it! I'm on day 8 now and don't really feel hungry hungry, just head hungry and cravings. I try to weigh at home but my scales are doolally (even after new batteries) and will literally jump around by up to a stone depending on the exact point they are on the floor, so basically pointless, but I had my week 1 weigh in last night and have lost 10lbs! Looks like you are on track for a similar number, we just have to remember that it wont be long before this becomes habit as opposed to something to get used to. We just have to stick at it! We are worth the effort

Thats great, keep at it! I'm on day 8 now and don't really feel hungry hungry, just head hungry and cravings. I try to weigh at home but my scales are doolally (even after new batteries) and will literally jump around by up to a stone depending on the exact point they are on the floor, so basically pointless, but I had my week 1 weigh in last night and have lost 10lbs! Looks like you are on track for a similar number, we just have to remember that it wont be long before this becomes habit as opposed to something to get used to. We just have to stick at it! We are worth the effort
Thanks. Great first week loss.
I used to have some scales like that, I could lose 4 lbs just by leaning forward lols binned them. Got some new ones and they seem pretty accurate.

@Magickxx How much so you pay if you don’t mind me asking. My weekly shop for 2 adults and 2 kids comes to about £80/90. Exante costs me £22 for one week. Me weekly food shop this week came to £70. So I haven’t saved. Spent about the same, slightly more.

So when I saw Cambridge I think it said £2.50 per meal. Which is over £50 for the week. Does that seem about right?

Each consultant sets their own prices so it varies but this week i have found what i like and have a ready made shake for breakfast (in the car on the way to work) and a normal shake for lunch and dinner. It costs me around £44 a week.

Our weekly shop is around £45 for hubby and I and our daughter so it effectively has doubled our food costs, but hubby is vaguely trying to do a keto type diet and has bulk bought protein bars from amazon so overall we are spending somewhere in the region of £80 per week atm for Cambridge, hubbys bars/shakes and daughters meals and lunch box bits.

To make life easier for us whilst on a diet we have pre-prepared our daughters meals as soon as we got home from shopping. It would be too much of a challenge to make a fresh dinner every day so have tried to remove temptation and make our lives easier. She wrote a 'menu' of her favourite dinners and we have basically bought 2/3 weeks worth and got it ready to cook. She asked for meatballs so we bought a ready balled tray of 12 from Morrisons, put them in a bowl with the chopped tomatoes, passata and herbs then portioned out four 3 meatball servings so in the morning she decides what she would like for dinner and we get a portion out of the freezer to defrost for the evening.

It has worked out much cheaper than i thought as it goes so far and takes away any temptation to nibble as there are no extras to worry about.

Did the same but pre-cooked and froze portions of sausage casserole etc

So cost around £80 last week but realistically other than some fresh fruit, etc for her lunchbox and cat food we wont need standard supermarket shopping for at least 2 weeks, maybe 3.

Expensive to start but doable for us, know it would be different if we had more children or if she was a bottomless pit of a teenager. Thankfully she in only 8 so we have that bit yet to come!

@Magickxx Thats cheaper than I thought. As your paying for the weekly weigh in and support. I feel a weekly weigh in could keep me on track. However hopefully I can stick to plan without.....hopefully.
My kids are expensive. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, grapes, raspberries, bananas and apples, sometimes melon. It all gets eaten but it’s so expensive. They both love salmon and fish. I sometimes wish they just ate nuggets and chips, it would be cheaper but I’m happy they love nutritious food. So we spend a lot but we don’t eat out too often....probably equals out.

My daughter loves all that too but it ends up being wasted half the time so she gets to choose 2 fruits for the week. although we love slicing melon and freezing it. Great alternative to ice pops and so refreshing munching on frozen melon, nom!

Roast dinners are the favourite in our house with sprouts all year round! There is a car boot local to us that has a meat man where we save a lot of money, basically a wholesale butcher on wheels. We go every couple of months and buy all of our meat. Our last run we got 7 small gammon joints, 30 chicken portions (some in a bbq marinade, yum!) and 15 sirloin steaks for £30. Hard to plan as it depends on what deals he is doing on the day but that would be a good 2 months worth of meat for us.

Dont know where you are but might be worth looking to see if there is someone similar in your area? Absolute bargain

Also....I don’t think this diet is for me. All I’m thinking about is food and I’m desperate to eat. Not breaking the diet while I’m doing so well. So i’ll plod on, as I only just got 2 weeks worth. So hopefully in 2 weeks i’ll have adjusted.

You can flavour things up with herbs and spices to a degree so that might help! I found that having the meals made me want to eat more so swapped them all for shakes. For some reason knowing I can only drink is helping so I can put a complete blanket no on food.

You're doing so well so fingers crossed that your body (and mind is the battle for me!) Will have adjusted by then

Hungry day for me today though yet feel bloated from water....urgh

Thanks guys! Offline for the weekend as we are staying at my father in laws. To clear the house and find some bits for the funeral. They live in a village with no WiFi and no 3G, just a landline lol!! Like the 90s!

So....I’m still 100% on plan. But I feel shocking. Just constantly starving. I think I’m too active. So I’ve added a 200 calorie meal. A meal with little to no carbs. It helps but I’m still hungry. Maybe it’s in my head and I’m only hungry because I want real food?

I cannot talk! I was definitely more hungry last week and lost the man who was my dad for the last 38 years on Thursday. He was my FIL and I have taking his loss so badly so today whilst working at home I have been busy crying and when not crying stuffing my face. I have stopped now and will not do it again.
Hunger can be physical or emotional...apparently if it is physical it should pass in about 15 mins Sarah!
You are doing very well, drink water as you may be thirsty...I have never believed that but think of the exercise you will get having to go for a wee all the time! Take care hun.xxx

I cannot talk! I was definitely more hungry last week and lost the man who was my dad for the last 38 years on Thursday. He was my FIL and I have taking his loss so badly so today whilst working at home I have been busy crying and when not crying stuffing my face. I have stopped now and will not do it again.
Hunger can be physical or emotional...apparently if it is physical it should pass in about 15 mins Sarah!
You are doing very well, drink water as you may be thirsty...I have never believed that but think of the exercise you will get having to go for a wee all the time! Take care hun.xxx
Thanks. I hope your okay. So difficult losing someone. My father in laws funeral is tomorrow. He had Parkinson’s disease and really suffered badly towards the end. Was a different man. Still hard to lose them. Hard for my husband as he’s lost both parents in the past 5 years and has other family. Just me and the kids now.

I’m down another 7lbs. Making is 18lbs loss total in 12 days. Can you believe if. That’s with a 200 calorie meal each day too.

Wow Sarah, you're doing fab! Well done.

Week 1 - 11lbs
Week 2 (+200 calorie meal) - 9lbs
Total 20lbs

I have ordered more packs but I’m going to increase the 200calorie low calorie meal to 400 calories as I’m still
Constantly hungry.

Back