Sarah's Diary - Total 41lb gone......59 to go!!

Sounds like you've a ver sensible and stick to-able diet plan here, well done on losing so much already! look forward to seeing how you do :)

WEEK 9 -

I got weighed today and i am 15st 1lb. I am really pleased with this as i came off my brief stint on CD and have been back on normal food for several days and its TOTM and iv still managed to keep ot to a loss :)

I reinstated my gym today and i am aiming to do a 2 hr cardio work out 3 x a week and swim a min of 20 lengths 2 x a week :) It may sound alot but i think its what i need to keep this weight dropping off :) Christmas party season is fast approaching!!! x

WHOOP WHOOP... just realised upon updating my ticker that iv reached my first goal of losing 1 whole stone :) What a great motivator!!!! It took me a little longer than id hoped, 9 weeks rather than 6 but hey ho, i did it :) x

WK 12....

Ok, so my weigh in didnt go as i hoped as i stayed the same but i think its due to the gym as my shape is definately changing, and im smaller than my last weigh in so im not disheartened at all. I spoke to one of the trainers at the gym and he thinks the same and has suggested i book in with him for an hour session to go over my goals ect and give my work outs an over haul so i get the most out of them as he feels what im doing and how im doing it is the long way round. He says i can get the same results by decreasing my time but increasing the intensity and that will prevent me from burning myself out :) sounds logical to me so iv got that in a weeks time and cant wait!! We are also going to add in some weight training. My next weigh in is 2nd Nov and hoping for a good loss, maybe 14st 10 lb would be good :)

Food wise, iv been good but did have my sons birthday and 2 meals out but i chose wisely and had a smaller portion if i thought it was high fat or high cals just to be sure.

I bought some jeans yesterday, sz 18 and fitted as they should so really pleased, now working on getting to a sz 16 :) and iv lost 1 cup sz off the girls lol which is a good thing!! Everything is going to plan......iv even got my sister to join the gym as she is so inspired by my achievements so thats good :) Gonna need a smaller work uniform real soon!!! :) x

Week 15......

Ok so had my week 15 weigh in and i didnt quite make the 14st 10lb mark as hoped but im not at all disappointed as i am happy with reaching 14st 12lb mark :) The last 3 weeks have been going well, been going to gym 3 times a week and im enjoying my new work out programme. My sister has also been coming with me and we have a great giggle :)

Iv been getting lots of comments and compliments on my weight loss now which has been lovely and im really starting to feel the changes in me :) My weight loss goal for my next weigh in on Wed 23rd Nov is to reach 14st 7lb :) It will take some work but as long as i know iv worked to get there then il be happy if i fall a little short but will be over the moon if i reach it :)

I have also just officially been diagnosed with PMT but for me it shows itself as migraines :( so i had a tough few days with a constant headache that developed into an awful migraine which needed hospital treatment as my usual medication failed to work :( I had a very painful injection but within 10 min, my migraine went so it was well worth it!! My GP has changed my meds again so fingers crossed they will work for me next time.

I will update in 3 weeks :) x

Hello Sarah.
How are you? I see your doing very well. Hope your ok xx

Hi,

Im still about :) Iv just had a few probs lately like major car issues so not been able to get to the gym for 3 weeks :( Food wise iv been really good still but weighloss wise i dont feel iv done too great :( I dont feel any slimmer but will find out soon as my car is now fixed and a belated weigh in is on the agenda :)

@Gemma - Yeah im ok thanks, still plodding along :) Iv not done as well as id of hoped over the last few months due to one thing or another but im still going :) How are u getting on? xx

Merry Christmas Every one :)

wk 15.....

I think its safe to say that i didnt quite make my 30lb christmas target, im at 21 lbs so 9 lbs off :( I am disappointed but I am very pleased that I have lost 21lbs, even though it has taken me a long time. but thats the point of my diet, I dont miss out on anything but still lose weight even if just a little. I will set a new target for Valentines Day so will update that later. I have not been to gym the last few weeks due to being so busy so once christmas is over I am back there :)

Hope everyone is doing well, I will be back later for a proper catch up :)

Thank you everyone who is supporting me, it means so much to me to have such great supoort!!! :)

xxx

UPDATE.......now christmas and new year has been and gone, I have had a little peek on my scales at the wknd at home and i gained about 3 or 4 lb over the festive season. Its not great news but it could of been alot worse!!

My new target is to be the same as my last official weigh in at my next official weigh in, therefore to lose the 4lb gain and be 14st 8 lb on 11th Jan. Iv been good so far so im hoping im half way there by now but iv not checked....next official weigh in is 11th Jan :)

Iv not been back to gym yet due to one thing or another but I am definately back on wednesday :) back to normality and focused and my Valentines day target is to be 195lbs x

Just had a look through your diary, it's do helpful to record all your feelings, not only got us readers, but for yourself too, it's fab how well you have done with your cc, so big congrats to u !!!

Hi,

Ah thank you :) It definately helps me stay more on track and to help others would be fab!! Iv took a slow approach to it but its taken years to gain so its noy going to go over night, but im happy to be heading in the right direction :) Since christmas iv had to re-focus which has been hard but i think im back there now :) I hope your plan is working out too :) x

WK 21/22 UPDATE....

I have still not got weighed for wk 21 and as my home scales are far from accurate, I will have to wait until this wednesday when I can get weighed at my gym.

I have decided to change what im eating slightly but still counting calories. I need some structure so as of today I am using pre-packed foods so therefore all calorie counted for me. Its not because I cant be bothered to count cals, but purely for the structure and clear boundries!! and as i work shifts, it will stop me skipping meals and then eating the wrong things which has been a nightmare the last few weeks!! I can easily have a main meal at work this way, with out using the free canteen!!

Typical day...

Breakfast - 50g special k honey clusters with 100ml semi skimmed milk = 250 cal / 3g fat

Snack - a small banana = 80 cal / .5g fat

Lunch - 400g tin veg soup with 1 small slice of granary bread and a small low fat yoghurt = 350 cal / 4.5g fat

Snack 2 - special k bar = 90 cal / 1.5g fat

Dinner - chicken and veg pasta bake ready meal with baby leaf salad and a muller light yoghurt = 432 cal / 3g fat

Snack 3 - mini bag pretzals = 100 cal / .7g fat

200 ml semi skimmed milk for tea = 100 cal / 3.6g fat

As you can see, Il not go hungry and this comes in at aprox 1400 cals and less than 17g of fat. And if i get peckish, there is fruit to snack on in moderation or one of my other snack foods.

My sister had concerns that its all processed, however i disagree. Ready meals have come a long way over recent years and the contents are no different to 'diet hampers' such as Diet Chef.....only alot less expensive!! 2 weeks shopping of just my diet food has cost me less than £50 at tesco!! This is based on what i bought....2 boxes of special k cereal, semi skimmed milk, 20 low fat yoghurts, 14 various tins of soup but not high cal/fat ones...i chose veg, minestrone ones, 14 low fat/low cal ready meals, some veg, salad and fruit, 3 boxes of 5 special k cereal bars and mini snack packs of pretzals and sml loaf of granary bread as didnt have the 100 cal rolls id usually get. So, a diet hamper put together by myself for under £25 a week!! :)

I cant wait to see the results :) and if its all good i may stick to this for another 2 weeks :)

Exercise wise....i am back at gym 3 times a week, however i am not liking the new programme my trainer gave me before christmas as i dont feel its enough of a work out so i will be adapting things this week and working out a bit longer and harder as well as increasing my general activity during the day so im hopeful for some good results :) xx

Todays menu....

B - 50g special k honey clusters with 200ml semi skimmed milk, some used for coffee - 295cal / 5.1g fat

L - 400g tin of minestrone soup with 1 small slice hovis granary with a low fat yoghurt - 310 cals / 3.5g fat

D - low fat chicken curry with rice with a mixed salad followed by a muller light yoghurt and a piece of fruit - 500 cals / 4.3g fat

Snacks - mini pack pretzals, special k bar and some fruit - 350cals / 2.5g fat.

This all comes to about 1450 cals and 16g fat. Yesterdays menu was good and i didnt get hungry at all until this morning when i woke, i was so ready for brakfast!! But thats a good thing :) x

Ok so i got weighed today and i still have 3lb of the christmas gain to lose, but i am 4lb down from the 7lb i gained in total so im glad its going in the right direction and im aiming to have that 3lb off by next week. I am going to weigh in weekly from here on rather than 3 weekly. I went to gym todsy too, did 1 hr and 20 min work out, feel great for it and im back there tmrw :)

i was looking at some 'fatter' pics last night of when i started my weightloss from my very heaviest of 18st and WOW!! I forgot how big i actually got after my pregnancy!! Maybe one day il get brave and add them on here as an album. i cant wait to see the difference in my next 3 stone losses :) xx

Update.......had a good week so far except for last 2 days not being well :( Was in hospital fri and sat on morphine due to severe migraine that wouldnt respond to my normal medication. So was an awful 2 days but feel almost back to my usual self this evening so thats great :)

My plans for this week is to start my training for a 5k run in spring as promised my son id do one with him. As i cant even run for a bus, its gonna be a challenge but im sure il give it my best shot. Im not quite ready to make a fool of myself in public just yet but i do have a treadmill so i will be starting the c25k (couch to 5 k) training on there :) It says it will have me ready in 8 weeks so wish me luck :) xx

Hope u feel better soon hun !! Sounds like you are still positive and doin well :)

C25K Challenge......A week later than planned, I finally started my C25K challenge :) Day one done with ease, and boy what a difference from when I attempted this a year ago!! I say attempted, I ran a total of about 40 seconds when I gave up as I have NEVER been a runner! My fitness and stamina has improved immensley! My recovery time was less than a minute, I had far less wobbly bits and my arms didnt touch my hips :D:D:D I am very pleased with myself and cant wait until Iv completed the 8 wks and run a whole 5k :D:D:D My only problem was the treadmill belt slipping so must investigate how to tighten that and then maybe Il run and let go of the rails!!!! ;););) And I need to regulate my breathing a bit better but I think that was more due to the fear of the belt slipping lol x

Back