Sarah's diary

Littlesquidger

Hello everyone

I'm new to all of this and am starting lighter life total on Monday.

It's all happened very quickly, I contacted my LLC on Friday and she happened to have a group starting on Monday so no time to think about it I am just launching straight into it.

I have tried lighter life before, around 5 years ago but my head was in the wrong place, I didn't buy into the counselling and focused on what I was missing out on not what I would gain.

I have tried every which way since then to lose weight and I am still here, almost the same weight that I was 5 years ago.

I am more positive now, more willing to make a commitment to the process and I feel stronger.

So I look forward to getting to know all of you in the coming months :)

Sarah x

Hi Sarah. Good luck with your journey. I'm fairly new here too but everyone is so nice and suportive and with everones diarys you will find an answer to any problem somewhere.
I think getting straight into it will be good. I looked into LL and started 2 weeks later. Good job wasn't any longer as I was eating like I don't know what. Making sure I wasn't missing out on any food and I put on another 6lbs!! Gutted and very disapointed in myself.
Were all here if you ever need us. Enjoy your weekend :)

Thanks for the message Joy! You will have the 6lb off in no time I am sure. I agree it's a good thing I am starting soon, I am trying not to go crazy this weekend though as getting through the first few days when I am at work is going to be tough I want to speed the process up by cutting out carbs this weekend so I started today.

This seems like a great forum and I love th iPhone app!

Hi Sarah:welcome: . I started 3 weeks ago and also within a couple of days of contacting my LLC so not much time for prepartion. My advice is to "say goodbye" in moderation to your favorite things this weekend and then just go for it! Low carbing in advance is excellent and you might even miss out on the first week headaches if you're lucky. Good luck in your first week, D xx

Welcome :)
And good luck with your journey.
We're all here if you need us xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well so far so good, I am on day 5 now. I had my pop in on Thursday and I had lost 7lbs!!! I couldn't believe it.

I met with my counsellor and she didn't have a group to put me into straight away but said I could start anyway and just have pop ins once a week. I came away feeling a bit disapointed, it was the group element and the counselling that I really needed, otherwise I may aswell just do cambridge. I almost didn't go ahead but when i got home I looked up other counselorrs and found one 10 minutes from where I work. I called her the next day and she had a group starting Thursday that I could fit into. Yay! So I went along and just had a better feeling from this counsellor she seemed so much more professional. So I am happy with my counsellor and my group are great.

I think I got into ketosis quite quickly I didn't have that fuzzy head feeling.

I am really trying to focus on the positives and not think about the food I am not eating etc. I have cleared my social diary for the next few weekends and am just going to keep busy by going to the gym and non food based things with friends like the cinema and bingo (guilty pleasure!)

I am going on holiday in 6 weeks that is my only stumbling block but I will think about how to deal with that a bit nearer the time, I would like to say I will stay on LLT but I need to get my head around how it will work, mainly because the friend I am going with is very food for pleasure orientated!

Sorry for such a long post, feel like I have more to say but will cut it short.

Right I'm going to the gym, I haven't been since I started LL. I really hope I have enough energy to do my usual workout but we shall see... I have a one on one with a personal trainer so I hope he doesn't push me too hard.

well done xx

Thanks!

Have just been to my second gym session this weekend and I can honestly say I was able to do my full regular workout and I even followed it up with 50 lengths of the pool. One good thing about not cooking or eating is I have lots of extra time, and the pool cleared out at half twelve as everyone went to eat their lunch!

My OH came home from holiday yesterday and i asked him not to have any snack food in the house (he normally has biscuits and crisps) he was fine with it, very supportive. It might even help him to lose a few pounds.

I'm writing this from the changing room at the gym so better get on. A spicy curry soup awaits me at home!

Sarah

Don't overdo it with with the gym if you're on total Hun. It will slow your loss right down! :(

It will! Trust me! I did the same thing as you. WENT for it in the gym and the effect was opposite.
It's because while on vlcd your body sets itself into a starvation mode and the very few calories it gets is not enough to sustain both bodily functions AND intense exercise. Your body will think it's in danger and will try preserving energy by storing the calories. As a result you will start losing weight a lot slower.
Just do your swimming etc for now and skip the high intensity exercise. You can resume it when you move onto rtm.
:)

Ok thanks for the advice :-( I am worried about losing my muscle tone, could I go in the gym and just do core work and resistance training but skip the cardio? Maybe go to pilates and body balance classes? I don't think they will burn too many calories will they? X

Do small weights and low impact classes and you will be fine! A few months of less intensity won't make too much damage to your muscles. In fact if you continue doing massive cardio and resistance sessions while on abstinence your body will eventually start 'eating' into your muscle to survive! Don't want to scare you or anything but I know from experience that it's better to lay off a little while on LLT.
I've stopped now and just stick to moderate weight training twice a week :)
Once on rtm you can resume with the ass kicking exercise :)
You sound like a gym junkie like me so I know how weird it can feel not to be able to do much but just keep telling yourself it's only for a few months :)
Good luck!

Brilliant thanks pinkie! I think I will be ok with the weights, it's the same calorie burn as spending 45 minutes cooking lol! Good activity replacement :) great link x

Good advice mags, that's a good point about the muscle wasting. It's only for 3 or 4 months (hopefully) so I'll take it easy, it's so exciting to think what my body will be capable of when it's not carrying around a spare 6 stone :)

Brilliant thanks pinkie! I think I will be ok with the weights, it's the same calorie burn as spending 45 minutes cooking lol! Good activity replacement :) great link x
No probs hunny... good luck... :)

xx

OMG where do you get your energy from? I am on day 4 and have just enough energy to do housework. My body feels heavy, even hoovering earlier exhausted me! Just reading your exercise regime makes me want to curl up on the sofa with my duvet.. !

I was told that you do lose muscle but it is relative to your body weight. For example when you are 20 stones in weight, you need more muscle to carry you than when you are say 9 stone. That made sense to me...

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey motherof2...

Some people get a real surge of energy when it Ketosis, which you may not have had yet if you're on day 4... :)

Personally, it didn't happen to me, and 11 weeks in, I'm still knackered just climbing a few stairs... but I think I am in the minority! Just hang in there, it should happen to you any day now! ;)

Regarding the muscle loss, on this diet you are meant to bypass the muscle loss and just lose fat... although the scientific reason for this is not something I know about! Lol... But sure someone will be along to fill in the blanks... :D

xx

Back