Sarah's first attempt at calorie counting

Hiya,

A huge well done on your weigh in, that's a fab loss!! I hope that migraine has now passed for you too!! Keep up the good work hun and you will be even closer to target and to that 1st stone loss :) xx

Thanks Sarah. Not 100% today but much better than I was! :)

Had a fairly good day today, though I'm pretty tired. Going to a conference tomorrow so food is prob gonna be tricky. I'm going to bring a sandwich, tho might end up having to eat out if with others. Food went well today.

Monday:

Breakfast (154 cals)
Porridge with sugar
Tea with skimmed milk

Lunch (314 cals)
Sandwich with ham & light cheese spread
Muller light
Tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (545 cals)
Chicken curry with rice & salad (just had a tiny bit of the sauce and filled my plate with salad so it would be less cals)

Snacks (235 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
Cookies & cream kit Kat
Curly wurly

Total: 1248 cals

Last edited:
Great to see the salad with the curry - did you find it ok to eat together ? I found it strange at first but now really like it .:)

Great to see the salad with the curry - did you find it ok to eat together ? I found it strange at first but now really like it .:)

Thanks Systema, great tip from you!! :) I actually found it really tasty. Just picked out the chicken from the sauce so there was only a small bit of sauce on my plate (I make it with coconut milk so it usually has a lot of cals!). It was different but really good, minus the guilt and didn't feel so stuffed after either. Cheers!! :)

I have just eaten dhal and spinach with salad - one of my favourites - didn't want it to finish. :)

I've got a slimming world recipe for a lentil and spinach dhal somewhere that is lovely. ...I may need to dig it out. ...it makes 4 good size portions!

Tuesday:
Breakfast (154 cals)
Porridge with sugar
Tea with skimmed milk

Lunch (322 cals)
Sandwich with ham, lettuce & light cheese spread
Tea with skimmed milk
Cookies & cream kit kat

Dinner (528 cals)
Quorn peppered steak with salad and rice
Tea with skimmed milk
Curly wurly

Snacks (118 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
Cookies & cream kit kat

Total: 1122 cals

Didn't get a chance to post the past couple of days, I've been busy with work. Decided to work today to try and catch up on some stuff, and then will take Monday off. So I'm looking forward to getting finished up today for the weekend. I have been sticking to my calories, but had a sneak peak this morning and scales didn't look much different to last week. Hoping that I will have lost on Sunday!

Wednesday:

Breakfast (143 cals)
Porridge with sugar

Lunch (494 cals)
My usual ham sandwich
Fruit pot
Tea with skimmed milk
Kit kat
4 party rings

Dinner (398 cals)
Quorn chicken piri piri with rice and salad

Snacks (237 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
Kit kat
Curly wurly
Pepsi max

Total: 1272 cals

Thursday:

Breakfast (143 cals)
My usual ham sandwich
Fruit pot
Tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (530 cals)
Gnocchi & 2 quorn sausages (have never tried gnocchi before, thought it was horrible!)
Tea with skimmed milk
Kit kat

Snacks (296 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
Curly wurly
6 party rings. I hadn't planned on eating these, but for some reason I got really dizzy and weak before bed time and thought a sugar fix might help (it didn't)

Total: 1244 cals

Although I have been staying within my calories, I do think that I need to cut back on the amount of sugar I'm having. This weekend will probably be much the same seeing as though it is Easter, but after that I am going to try and limit my sugar intake. The following week, I have a week's holidays at home (can't wait!!). I don't think it's realistic to reduce my calories on holidays but I think when I get back I will reduce to 1200 calories a day.

Still not really sure what I'm going to have for lunch today. I was out of fruit and didn't bring sandwiches because I couldn't have ham today for Good Friday. Thought I would have a microwaveable quinoa pot that's in my drawer, but just realised that has chicken in it. Might have to do with rice cakes until I get home. Already feeling hungry!

Had a productive day yesterday. It was much easier to get stuff done at work since most people weren't around. Was so hungry by the time I got home, and had a headache for the eve. Had a lazy but nice eve. Got a few things done and then watched Masterchef and a movie. So delighted to be able to sleep in this morn (writing this in bed, and will probably go back to sleep for a while).

Friday:

Breakfast (154 cals)
Porridge with sugar
Tea with skimmed milk

Lunch (286 cals)
Cheesestring
Cadbury highlights
2 ricecakes
Pepsi Max
Snackajacks
(Most of this was after 5 when I got home and was too hungry to wait for dinner but too close to dinner to have anything proper)

Dinner (532 cals)
Fish cake
2 waffles
Salad
Kit Kat

Snacks (157 cals)
2 tea with skimmed milk
Kit Kat
1 party ring

Total: 1129 cals

Last edited:
Wasn't feeling great yesterday evening. Had a pain in my neck and shoulders which has developed into a migraine. Getting so sick of headaches and migraines lately!! Had a weird night's sleep, was dreaming all night and some of them were horrible dreams/nightmares.

Had a nice relaxing day though, and had a lovely dinner.

Saturday:

Breakfast (239 cals)
Crunchy nut cornflakes with skimmed milk
Tea with skimmed milk

Lunch (121 cals)
1 gluten free toast with light cheese spread
Tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (716 cals)
Chicken, bacon & mushroom pie with rice
Tea with skimmed milk
Kit Kat

Snacks (212 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
Curly wurly
3 party rings

Total: 1288 cals

Last edited:
Weigh in today. Down 1 1/4lbs to 11st 7 3/4lbs. Happy enough with that. Have decided I'm going to drop down to 1200 cals from today.

Last edited:
Had a nice day yesterday. My head and neck were still very sore in the morning, but the pain killers eventually kicked in. Didn't do much, just had a nice lazy day with my husband. It's our first Easter together since we got married and our first Easter living together. It was lovely to just get to chill out together for the weekend! :) He wanted beef and guinness pie for dinner. I didn't really feel like that so I made stuffed mushrooms for me.

Sunday:

Breakfast (217 cals)
Mini can coke
Porridge with sugar
Tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (737 cals)
2 flat mushrooms stuffed with rice, peppers, and diced rasher
2 waffles
Tea with skimmed milk and a caramel egg

Snacks (234 cals)
Easter egg. Was very proud of myself-weighed out the exact amount on the scales. The fact that it was guilt free made it taste even better! :) (Usually I'd inhale my Easter eggs!)
1 party ring
Tea with skimmed milk

Total: 1188 cals

I had thought I would wait until after my holidays and after Easter to drop to 1200 cals but I decided to stop making excuses and just go for it. I don't think it will be too big a deal because I have often stayed under 1200 anyway.

Last edited:
Ive reached a stone loss since january (just a couple of lbs away from a stone since i started calorie counting). I have a pair of black jeans that I bought for work before Christmas and have been wearing a lot. They have gotten ridiculously big on me, and are driving me mad falling down and look baggy and silly on me. Tried on some clothes yesterday that hadn't been fitting and they fit!! :) These are clothes that I bought when my other clothes weren't fitting so I still have a long way to go to target (want to lose another 2 1/2 stone), but still - it's a start and a step in the right direction. I do feel I'm in that annoying in between stage though where some clothes are too big and others are way too small, so hoping I can fit into more clothes soon! My husband also told me that I look like I've lost a lot which is really motivating! :)

Thanks SilverMoon! :) I think we all have to do what works best for us, and you are doing great on the 5:2! :)

Well done on the great weight loss. :party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

Many years ago I went to cash and carry and bought a full box of creme eggs (think there was 48 in the box) and I hid them under the bed and used to sneak into the bedroom to eat them. :eek:

Isn't it great when your clothes get too big and other people begin to notice, especially if you have not seen them for a while, when you are with someone all the time they tend not to notice so much but nice when they do.
I stuck to 1200 cals daily and managed to lose 2lbs a week, did 10.000 steps and 3 exercise classes a week.

Thanks a lot. Still a long way to go, but it's a good start! :) That was great going Systema. I definitely need to start adding exercise. I can't afford to join a gym at the moment, but I think I'm going to start doing an exercise DVD that I have. I probably will start that when I get back from holidays.

Haha, I could totally do that with caramel eggs, I absolutely love them! Secret eating has always been a big issue for me. Once, I ate all the bars from a selection box my mum had bought and stored away from Christmas. I had intended to throw the box away and replace with a new one but completely forgot. She brought it down on Christmas morning and was in a tizzy cause she thought the shop had given her a box with missing bars! Oops!! :)

Had a near binge moment today. Really glad I managed to avoid it. My husband was out and I was hungry waiting for dinner and had some of his minstrels that he had for easter. One quickly turned into four. I could have easily eaten the whole bag, but managed to stop myself and forced myself to add the minstrels to my food plan for the day (I had planned on just having a sneaky sweet that I wasn't going to count). I decided to have a more substantial dinner than I had planned because I think it was hunger that was the problem. I'm fine again now that the moment has passed!

Monday:

Breakfast (154 cals)
Porridge with sugar
Tea with skimmed milk

Lunch (163 cals)
- this was more snacking between a late breakfast & dinner, rather than lunch
4 minstrels
Chupa chup
Mini can of coke

Dinner (560 cals)
Quorn cottage pie with salad
Tea with skimmed milk
Kit kat

Snacks (324 cals)
2 tea with skimmed milk
Caramel egg
Kit kat

Total: 1201 cals

Foodwise, I'm looking forward to getting back to work & routine tomorrow. Find the weekends much harder when meals are at different times than usual, and then I tend to snack more.

Back