Sarah's Journey into a bikini...

me too hun....everyone has their down days...when im hungry im trying to drink water and fill myself up that way...going to go to a big supermarket with the other half gets home to try and find some more foods that i am allowed to spice up my meals..will let you know what i find..going on holiday in june so i have an incentive to lose weight and feel great (hopefully)..have a nice weekend =)
what are your plans?

Hi Sarah! I know just how you feel. I have been married to a Turkish man for 31 years! I married young! I couldn't settle in Turkey-everything you say rings true for me. The longest I have been out there was 10 weeks and that was fine because it was summer. Istanbul is so depressing in the winter I find. We are settled here in England now but my husband has never lost his roots and would love to return. I will not. Sounds harsh but I have too settled a life here now. My husband's family were not religious and welcomed me so that part was easy but I always knew that I would be unhappy there. Having said that I know of women who love it out there. Once you master the language things get better. I am fascinated by your life out there so sorry for hijacking you dieting diary! I am due in Istanbul probably some time in April!x

me too hun....everyone has their down days...when im hungry im trying to drink water and fill myself up that way...going to go to a big supermarket with the other half gets home to try and find some more foods that i am allowed to spice up my meals..will let you know what i find..going on holiday in june so i have an incentive to lose weight and feel great (hopefully)..have a nice weekend =)
what are your plans?

I'm hoping to get to tesco when my hubby finishes work too, if its too late then will have to wait till tomorrow..thats as exciting as my weekend get..although i actually do find going hopping exciting now as i love looking for the healthy foods, mad isnt it!! My parent are supposed to be visiting me next month maybe so want to lose abit more by then, then i have a concert in june and i go home for a visit in july, so all great incentives to really stick to this now!!

Hi Sarah! I know just how you feel. I have been married to a Turkish man for 31 years! I married young! I couldn't settle in Turkey-everything you say rings true for me. The longest I have been out there was 10 weeks and that was fine because it was summer. Istanbul is so depressing in the winter I find. We are settled here in England now but my husband has never lost his roots and would love to return. I will not. Sounds harsh but I have too settled a life here now. My husband's family were not religious and welcomed me so that part was easy but I always knew that I would be unhappy there. Having said that I know of women who love it out there. Once you master the language things get better. I am fascinated by your life out there so sorry for hijacking you dieting diary! I am due in Istanbul probably some time in April!x

Hey Sarah...the language is proving to be extremely difficulto to master although i am slowly getting used to it...the whole lifestyle out here is different, but it is also one of the things that attracted me here in the firsst place, i used to rep in marmaris until my boyfriend took me away to istanbul and i have settled down...its very different and it challenges me every day! i miss all of the home comforts especially now im dieting, the lowest fat cheese i found contained 9g (which is mental). İ am not unhappy here now but life can be hard especially with the lack of friends :( but i love my life with my boyfriend and couldnt be anywhere he is not =)

I'm hoping to get to tesco when my hubby finishes work too, if its too late then will have to wait till tomorrow..thats as exciting as my weekend get..although i actually do find going hopping exciting now as i love looking for the healthy foods, mad isnt it!! My parent are supposed to be visiting me next month maybe so want to lose abit more by then, then i have a concert in june and i go home for a visit in july, so all great incentives to really stick to this now!!

i have just been to the super market and didnt really find anything healthy except for sweet chilli sauce which was in the 5g limit..couldnt find any cheese or low fat mayo which is gonna make things hard but im sure i can think of something...
keep at it! have you noticed much difference already?

i have just been to the super market and didnt really find anything healthy except for sweet chilli sauce which was in the 5g limit..couldnt find any cheese or low fat mayo which is gonna make things hard but im sure i can think of something...
keep at it! have you noticed much difference already?

Do you mean with the weight loss? i dont notice it buy my hubby does and my best friend does. i think we dont see it ourselves, we dont believe in ourselves enough sometimes i think thats the problem!! Can you get stuff delivered to you that is with in the limit??

Good luck with the shopping. I did find that the large supermarkets such as Carfour have quite a good selection of lower fat options. It does have to be a very large one though! The one I went to was in Kadikoy and the staff got around on roller blades as it was so vast! Still you will manage I'm sure by adapting etc. Good luck. At least when the weather gets warmer you wont have such a desire to eat. I find the humidity just makes you want to drink and eat less. Here's hoping anyway!x

Hey Anika..I'm in Bristol..Where are you?? :)

Ohh..originally I'm from California..but living in Bristol. :)

Haha..working on moving back home at the moment..applying for hubby's visa...and trying to loose the weight before I go back.. ;)

hey everyone...had a lazy day yesterday so i couldnt get on to do my diary:

Here goes
Special K and skimmed milk
2 Bananas
Rasberry Yoghurt
Sweet chilli chicken with lettuce and onion on a brown finger roll for dinner.

İ think i should cut out the bread as İ dont feel like İm losing any weight...will try it today and see how İ feel =)

Today so far İ have eaten
Special K and skimmed milk
Chocolate mousse
Two rice crackers with 2 slices of chicken roll type thing
Nectarine

Going to have spinach and yoghurt for my dinner and see...getting close to my first weigh in and İ want to have a good weight loss..was also good this morning and exercised so feeling extra motivated

How is everyones day?

Back