Sarah's long road ahead

Today I dropped my eldest son off at school, my youngest at playgroup, and called into the pharmacy to pick up my weekly supply of Lipotrim and I'm just about to have my first shake.

I attempted this diet 2 years ago after 3 weeks I could fit into my wedding dress and so I stupidly stopped. This time round it's for a whole different reason. If I'm being honest it would be nice to look and feel good and be comfortable in my own skin but I've been overweight for so long I'm just used to the oversized tops and leggings and avoiding nights out like the plague! My priorities have changed over the years and I'm scared! Scared i won't see my grandchildren be born, scared of becoming diabetic and being controlled for the rest of my life by a disease, scared that my children will grow up and become embarrassed by there oversized mum, and I'm scared I'm missing out on their childhood, because I just don't have the energy to play with them.

I apologise if this post seems a little dark but I've never opened up fully to anybody about my fears, I have to get them out there so that if I ever have a moment of doubt as to why I'm doing this I can look back at this post.

On a lighter note, today is the start of something good! I can do this diet and I can lose weight and I'm going o nail it and never look back!!!!!

X Sarah X

Sarah, well done for taking the brave step to get your shakes and speak so openly on the forum. You've passed the first hurdle and if you really really want to you, will lose your weight and transform your life!! While some days will be hard you will see the weight falling off and a new you appearing!! If it gets hard come on the forum and talk to others, we all go through bad days.

My best advice would be keep focused on why you want to do this, drink lots and lots of water and take each day as it comes. Don't forget you've already taken the most difficult step! Good luck and well done so far - keep in touch xxx

Thank you so much BabyA, it's so nice to find a forum full of people in the same boat as me. I'm sure this is going to be my lifeline when I need some inspiration xx

The forum's fantastic.... You can talk to others who know exactly what you're going through and we all help and support each other - just keep with it and once you pass day 5 it gets much easier xxx

Welcome!

Thats an amazing start and a perfect reason to do this diet. There is so much support and help on this forum, it was my lifeline when I first started (and still is from time to time!!)

Only other advice is drink loads of water :)

Good luck and cant wait to see your results! Xx

Good luck hon:) The biggest job is to start doing something - at first comes mind, after action. If you decided in your head it means you are ready for this. if you are ready it means you sucseed:girlpower:Be strong hon and take one day at the time. Di

Thank you Kayroo and JustDi I'm so overwhelmed with the support on here already. My mind is set I AM DOING THIS! I'm on my 3rd bottle of water today and I'm planning to have my second shake around 3ish. I find that I boredom eat when my sons are in bed, so the plan is to have my final shake about 7:30 so that the hunger pangs are kept at bay.

X Sarah X

Second shake has just gone down nicely I don't mind the strawberry ones. I'm finding myself stopping little habits as the day goes on, not because I'm hungry but because it was the norm for me to do these such things usually. So far I've stopped myself pinching food off my youngest's plate and stopping myself from eating a couple of cheeky roast potatoes as they cool on the side. It's funny because you don't actually realise you are doing it at the time but I guess all these little things add up! Waters going down nicely and I'm getting regular exercise with the toilet trips!!!
Day 1 isn't going too bad!
X Sarah X

I'm nearing the end of day 1 and I haven't done bad at all! I've drank around 3 litres of water and had my 3 shakes I even managed to do a food shop and I haven't cheated. There was points in the day when I did feel sorry for myself (smelling tea, and the time I'd usually go to the cupboard for my crisps) but I looked at my BMI on my weight card and remembered why I was doing this. I'm wishing the rest of the week away so that I can begin to feel normal going into next week!

X Sarah X

I've not started lipotrim yet, but getting myself mentally prepared (going away next week to) but I'm finding already playing Around on this site takes up time, and your mind off snacking :p

I had to mentally prepare myself for around 2 weeks, I go away 10th August and I'm not sure what in going to do yet. I'd like to say I'm going to carry on with lipotrim but I'm not going to out tat pressure on myself. You are doing the right thing preparing yourself, and this forum is brilliant.

X Sarah X

Yeah, I think preparation is the key lol. Yeah do what you feel best for you. Loving the site now I'm figuring out how to actually work it lol.

Day 2 and I'm struggling! I've drank plenty of water through the day yet my stomach rumbles this afternoon set off all sorts of food related thoughts in my head. First of all I was thinking to myself why am I suffering like this I can just join a slimming club, then I was thinking so what if I cheat I can start again tomorrow, and I even thought about forgetting about the whole weight loss until after the summer. Im not going to mention the imaginary meals I was eating in my head - it was torture! I actually surprised myself that I didn't surrender to my thoughts and reach for the bacon frazzles in the cupboard (boy do they smell good when you have an empty stomach). For every 10 thoughts I had about giving up 1 thought would pop up BMI and that was enough for me to stop torturing myself for another half hour. If I had the energy I would of kept busy with the ironing or hoovering the stairs but I found it tough walking to get my eldest from school. That's another reason I'm not caving in I can't put myself through these first few days again, I seem to be snappy and agitated which is just not me and I am so weak.

For now I'm mentally preparing myself for more of the same tomorrow and hoping that by the end of the weekend I'm on the other side "food, what food ?"

X Sarah X

Ahh you've done so well not giving in though!
All the hard work will be so worth it in the end. I keep thinking to myself I could go back slimming world but I would get quicker results doing Lipotrim:)

I'm thinking the same lol. I'm putting myself through this torture so that I gain a little confidence for when I'm away in 5 weeks time! If I can get into a size 18 maxi dress it will all be worth it lol xx

Tell me about it lol! I'm sick of looking for clothes online and thinking, 'if i was a lot smaller i could pull that off...but I'm not ... Nexxxxxt!'

Haha every summer I think, right I'm getting into some nice dresses this year and I end up spending the whole time in white linen pants and an oversized top. Then it gets to winter and I think, right I'm losing weight so I can buy some nice jeans and be able to fit my legs into a lovely pair of knee high boots and I spend the while time in leggings and uggs! I saw on another post you are going to Cornwall, same here :) xx

Hi Sarah,

Like you I got scared....I'm 5ft 7in and at my starting weight of 18st 10lbs at 37 years old....I was morbidly obese, along with depressed, ashamed ect.....not a good place to be!
Today is my weigh in day and I hit my 3 stone weight loss....I can't tell you how amazing I feel, I ran my first time 5k on Sunday and am running an 8k Sunday coming.
Its week 8 for me and yes I've had some really tough days along my journey but it has made me realise I am a hell of a lot tougher than I think.....my two pieces of advice to you are stay active ....housework...ironing...prepping tomorrows (family) dinner all kept me busy and not thinking of food...also if you feel up to it , exercise, anything!!...when your sons in bed pop on an exercise video, thinking of food at the start drove me crazy so keeping busy kept me sane...it help with your losses. Best of luck and keep your mind on why you are doing this ...for yourself, for your health and for that happy in your own skin feeling. Good Luck and beset wishes xxx

Haha every summer I think, right I'm getting into some nice dresses this year and I end up spending the whole time in white linen pants and an oversized top. Then it gets to winter and I think, right I'm losing weight so I can buy some nice jeans and be able to fit my legs into a lovely pair of knee high boots and I spend the while time in leggings and uggs! I saw on another post you are going to Cornwall, same here :) xx

Wow that's identical to me, but I don't think I can listen to my mum moan about me living in my leggings once more haha. She goes on at me to treat myself to some new clothes, but I find anything over a size 16 to be so expensive!!! And I am really fussy...I wouldn't be fussy if I was a size 12/14 lol!

yeah going Newquay for a week and a bit, so using that as my last supper haha. Where abouts is Cornwall are you staying?x

Back