Sarah's Lose Weight and Get Fit Diary!

dress sizes are hit a miss, im 14 stone 9 and cant get in a 16 in a million years. got some tops and dresses in a 18 but my trousers are still about 2 inchs off getting in an 18

Have fun sarah x

Right I am back.

I spent Friday - Tuesday eating absolute rubbish. I mean, I had takeaway food, I had chocolate, I had so much alcohol - I mean absolutely stupid amounts, and I just ate like a pig. Somehow, I lost 2lbs..... I honestly have no idea!!

I feel very lucky to have lost that as I have eaten terribly and done no exercise. However, I have been feeling very run down.

My brother left at 3am this morning, along with 3 other boys, one of whom is a best friend of mine, and they are going to live in Australia for a year so I have taken this really badly. Maybe I lost my 2lbs in tears?!

I also have a sore throat - it feels exactly like the tonsilitus I had earlier in the year and I am hoping and praying this doesn't return.

I am not in the mood to diet, I feel like I have gone completely off track, and there is so much nice food in the house at the moment. However, I have had my usual bagel breakfast this morning and I will stay on track foodwise.

I won't be exercising today - my back is killing me plus I have no time to exercise at all - I have a lot of college work to do.

I am working about 12 hours days for the nxt 5 days and so will be on my feet for all of this time so that will be brilliant exercise and will hopefully get me back on track.

well done on your 2lb loss, i'm sure you will feel better about your brother and your best gone, give yourself a few weeks and you will used to it, well done on getting back on track hun, i missed you x

Well done on your 2lb loss :)

You have done really well to lose 2lb Sarah. Its so difficult to keep track when life gets difficult and you have to say goodbye to those that are close. Well done!!! Now you can focus on losing that weight for when you visit them in Oz.

x

Thanks guys.

Yep, I am determined to lose weight for Oz. Not even so much so that I look good on the beach, more so that I can surprise my brother!

Today...

B: bagel and spread (197)
L: wrap, skips and a ripple (494)
S: refresher ice lolly (47)

Not sure what to have for dinner. But, I have about 600 cals left so will have something nice.

Exercise: nothing. That is really bad but I have had so much work at the moment. I may go for a walk later if my friend can come with me (it will be dark)

Hi Sarah..

Wanted to say well done for losing 2lbs this week with everything you've had going on. Your gonna look fab on that beach in Oz!

Linz. x

things that have helped me

Hi Sarah, my experience is, having gone from 16.5 stone to 12.5; the thing most people struggle with is cravings and hunger, many say that diets dont work because its hard to stick to them...I realised my two enemies were salt and sugar, sugar levels feel low so you have a snack, crisps or a pie for instance, so your mouth is then full of salt, and watering, I would then grab a couple of choc bars to balance it out, but that type of food never satisfies, and your blood sugar lurches from one state to another constantly...UK and US food is dreadful.
Everything processed is stuffed with way too much salt, cheaper the meal, more salt and sugar content, good old baked beanz ,bread, tinned tomatoes,gravy,even cappucinos have a load of salt/ sugar when you dont expect it. The larger people I know, or see around also nearly always have a bottle of c#ca c#la attached to them.{never a bunch of grapes!)
Anyway, started to cut back on salt and noticed a Big change! Under my arms, my ankles, hands, face all began to look much thinner, must have been retaining water.
Also it has reduced my food cravings, if I do weaken to my old habits it ruins everything, the salty and sugary stuff just makes me want more and more, like a drug. Good food actually satisfies.
If you have a calorie target rather than just minimising your calorie intake( and getting hungry, back to pizza and icecream} that should help. You may find reducing your food intake by, say two biscuits a day stabilises your weight, reduce it by a further two slices of bread and butter, and you lose weight, that makes it sound achieveable!
My first post, so a bit of a ramble, I saw your post and thought your approach looked really positive and ready to go, hope this helps! Rick

things that have helped me

Hi Sarah, my experience is, having gone from 16.5 stone to 12.5; the thing most people struggle with is cravings and hunger, many say that diets dont work because its hard to stick to them...I realised my two enemies were salt and sugar, sugar levels feel low so you have a snack, crisps or a pie for instance, so your mouth is then full of salt, and watering, I would then grab a couple of choc bars to balance it out, but that type of food never satisfies, and your blood sugar lurches from one state to another constantly...UK and US food is dreadful.
Everything processed is stuffed with way too much salt, cheaper the meal, more salt and sugar content, good old baked beanz ,bread, tinned tomatoes,gravy,even cappucinos have a load of salt/ sugar when you dont expect it. The larger people I know, or see around also nearly always have a bottle of c#ca c#la attached to them.{never a bunch of grapes!)
Anyway, started to cut back on salt and noticed a Big change! Under my arms, my ankles, hands, face all began to look much thinner, must have been retaining water.
Also it has reduced my food cravings, if I do weaken to my old habits it ruins everything, the salty and sugary stuff just makes me want more and more, like a drug. Good food actually satisfies.
If you have a calorie target rather than just minimising your calorie intake( and getting hungry, back to pizza and icecream} that should help. You may find reducing your food intake by, say two biscuits a day stabilises your weight, reduce it by a further two slices of bread and butter, and you lose weight, that makes it sound achieveable!
My first post, so a bit of a ramble, I saw your post and thought your approach looked really positive and ready to go, hope this helps! Rick

B: none
L: wrap, 4 crackers and solero (447)
D: wrap, choccie bar (621)
S: nibbles (276)

Exercise - a long, and tiring ten hour waitressing shift

Been a silly day foodwise. So hard to know what to have when I am working.

Tomorrow I am working 9-2 so will have a bagel before work. I have a break from 2-5.30 and so not sure whether to have a lunch or a dinner! Haha

I would usually take a wrap to work with me but I think what I might do is have a baguette from work - tuna mayo or something, and have it at about 4ish as a lunch/dinner. My shift is another 10 hours so need something fairly substantial

I weighed in today and have lost 3.5 lbs since I last weighed in - which was Wednesday! Well pleased with that! Back on track!

That means I have now lost over 2 stone, over 10% of my body weightand am on my way...! :)

Nightmare day at work yesterday - another 10 hour shift, all on my feet, mainly walking around manically.

I have a 9.5 hour shift today, tomorrow and Monday too :(

well done on your loss so far hun!x

Back