Sarah's Slimming World Diary!

I found buying in bulk and freezing made things cheaper. SW doesn't have to be expensive but somehow we tend to make it be! Have you got a local market near you? They're good for the fruit and veg, especially if you get the veg at the end of the day when it's a little past it's best and only got a couple of days of life left in it, which is fine if you're going to bulk cook and freeze anyway. What about Iceland and using frozen meat too? They sell frozen chicken breasts a lot cheaper than fresh ones. As long as you take it out to defrost the night before then it's all ready for you to go and tastes fine. I'm not very good at remembering to defrost though!

I found buying in bulk and freezing made things cheaper. SW doesn't have to be expensive but somehow we tend to make it be! Have you got a local market near you? They're good for the fruit and veg, especially if you get the veg at the end of the day when it's a little past it's best and only got a couple of days of life left in it, which is fine if you're going to bulk cook and freeze anyway. What about Iceland and using frozen meat too? They sell frozen chicken breasts a lot cheaper than fresh ones. As long as you take it out to defrost the night before then it's all ready for you to go and tastes fine. I'm not very good at remembering to defrost though!

There isn't a local market and the fruit and veg shop has closed! So annoying! They used to have a fruit and veg stand at uni but haven't seen that in ages. I've just bought some chicken but might look at the Iceland stuff - I've got enough for a while at the mo.

So annoying having to be cheap!

Having a good day today!

Have eaten OK...

B: Muller (f), raspberries (sf) and blueberries (sf)
L: Mugshot (2 syns), 2 x Alpen Light (HExB), grapes (sf)
D: Egg fried rice (f & sf), lots of veg in there and WW sausages (1.5 syns), satay sauce (4 syns)

Means syns for today are currently at 7.5 and I plan to have a Curly Wurly. Will also have the last of my Hazlenut milk which is my HExA.

Also.... WI tonight and I lost 1lb which means I have lost 1 stone! So happy! That's all I wanted! Did make me think that in 2 weeks I've lost 1lb because of my messing about (though a fair bit couldn't be helped). I could have lost maybe 4lb in two weeks had I been on plan. Good motivation!

Started my dissertation properly tonight by sending out my questionnaire - scary but exciting! Already had loads of replies so hopefully I can get started properly soon!

Found out I am being paid almost £2 an hour more than I thought I was too - my contract came and the pay has gone up (I worked there last year too).

Happy day for me :)

Well done on reaching 1 stone!

What are you doing your dissertation on?

Well done on reaching 1 stone!

What are you doing your dissertation on?

Thanks!

Diss title is... "To what extent does YouTube influence teachers' practice in the primary classroom?" - link to my survey is on my Twitter if you fancy it! I only wanted 30 answer and have 50 already... Amazing! Going to try to get as many as poss now that I know people are willing!

Woohoo! Lots of good news today! Congrats on your first stone down!!! You definitely deserve that curly wurly tonight! And brill about your pay, nice to know your getting so much more :) really pleased for you, I was ecstatic last week when I got mine. It's a great feeling! Xx

Thanks! So so happy about it! I kinda wanted to stay at group so I could be congratulated - hehe! But... Still not thinking staying after is my kinda thing yet.

Not got a plan for tomorrow yet... Might try to make one...

B: yoghurt and berries
L: egg fried rice?
D: no idea

I'm going to Zumba tomorrow. Think might be an idea to have a bigger lunch as Zumba is at 7:30-8:30 so not ideal for tea. Really looking forward to it!

It's a deal... £4 for Tuesday, £6 for Tuesday and Thursday, if you pay on Tuesday - so I'm going to do that I think! Great motivation!

Sounds quite interesting. I've just won the battle to have it unfiltered at school! I'll take a look. Want me to share with friends too?

Pretty good day today.

Had work for a couple of hours and thn uni, then a meeting, then work again! Just home now.

B: muller and berries (f & sf), Alpen bar (1/2 HExB)
L: leftover egg fried rice and sausages (1 syn), Alpen bar (1/2 HExB), grapes (sf)
S: cupcake! Not sure on syns. Was amazing! We were all given one at work from the big boss - was a proper cupcake, individually made type thing. Wasn't turning it down!
D: not sure - something with chicken and potato I think.

Have yet to have my HExA. Will be doing an hour of Zumba so may get milk or cheese on the way back.

If you're not hungry, can't you just not have your HexA? I didn't always have them, didn't think you needed to. Do you?

Apparently you are meant to have both each day? That's what I've read a few times anyway. Quite enjoyed the cheese actually!

Today has been OK...

B: Muller yoghurt (f), raspberries and blueberries (sf), Alpen Light (1/2 HExB)
S: Alpen Light (1/2 HExB)
L: sweet potato (f), chicken mayo & cheese (f & HExA, 1 syn)
S: Hazelnut hot choc (2 syns), Strawberry fluff (2 syns)
D: chicken & mushroom pasta (f & sf), strawberry mousse (1 syn)

Syns for day 6 syns :)

Oh! I have read a few posts I am sure which say you are meant to as SW obviously plan them in to make sure you have all the correct nutrients. But I have yoghurt every day so surely that's enough calcium?

Hmmm, anyway... got my cheese now and happy to have that!

Have worked all night (whilst watching The Brits) so not fantastic quality work! Good day for food though. And I did write about 600 words and get a lot of other work done, along with working at my job for a few hours and a lecture - not too bad!

Bed now I think!

Nope you don't have to have them, they're completely optional. So if you're not hungry, no need to force them down. I often didn't have them.

I have done ZERO work all week. Oops!

When I was having pains in my belly my docs put me on very low fat diet incase it was my gallbladder, and cheese seemed to make it hurt, my leader said I don't need to eat them, there's a few people in group that don't eat one or the other ever. She said some people find they need them everyday to keep full and on plan. I try to eat them but if I don't I try not to feel bad about it anymore. You generally work them into your meals nicely Hun. X

Back