Sarah's Slimming World Diary!

Thanks for your replies!

Feeling quite a lot better today - still in a fair bit of pain but feeling a lot more energetic and lively.

Yesterday I managed to get some ice cream from the shop which was lovely! Sadly bf lives an hour and an half away so couldn't ask him to get me lollies!

Today I am going to eat properly - think my tonsils can handle it today! Going to try to make the syn free pancakes... Will see how they go?! I need some more cheese and eggs so will try to go for a walk to get those - will do me good to get out of the house.

B: pancakes (eggs & sweetener) (f), banana (sf), yoghurt (f)

L: omelettes with spinach and ham (f & sf), cheese if I can get to the shop (1/2 hex a), hifi bar (hex b), satsumas (sf)

D: prawns (f), sweet potato chips (f), mushrooms stuffed with leeks and onion (sf), cheese (1/2 hex a)

S: curly wurly (6)

Here's a photo - hope it works!

Attachments

• image-3301828076.jpg
    image-3301828076.jpg
    634.9 KB · Views: 98
After reading some things we all eat do anyone think some concoctions are very odd. We wouldnt even dream of eating them under normal circumstance but it seems we come up with different variations to take out the monotony of eating the same things. i.e. pea curry with baked beans in it...(I must try it tho... yoghurt with peanut butter- not sure about that one .) what other odd things have you eaten lately?

Glad you're feeling a bit better. It's tough to stick to when you're ill i think as all you want is the "bad" stuff so you've done brilliantly :)

Well luckily still felt in the zone with SW - didn't want to eat badly - just wanted to eat something! Though saying that, I think usually I might have thought I 'deserved' bad food after that!

Hi Sarah, I've just read all your diary. I'm in my first week to and loving it. Sorry that you have been ill and hope you're better now, despite that you have done really really well. Good luck for your weigh in!

Hi Sarah, I've just read all your diary. I'm in my first week to and loving it. Sorry that you have been ill and hope you're better now, despite that you have done really really well. Good luck for your weigh in!

Hi!

Thanks for reading my diary :)

I'm actually really enjoying it too. Changed my food for today as had a change of plan with uni and work because of my kidneys.

Had some low fat natural yoghurt and banana for breakfast. Then just had a late lunch of half a can of beans, 2 rashers of bacon and 2 eggs. Oh and 2 babaybels and 2 satsumas!

Full now and hopefully will stay that way until weigh in later on!

And the results are in........ I lost 5lbs! Yay!

Really pleased with that result. It was my first group session where I have been weighed in. Last week, when I signed up, they did the after session as an introduction to SW. This week she went round the room, congratulating everyone on their losses, asking about their week and their plans for the upcoming week.... individually! I was not expecting that!
Not sure what I thought about it. I liked it in a sense - got to pick up on tips of what to do and what not to do. However, I'm not sure that kind of thing is for me. I may stay sometimes and sometimes leave. It also meant I was out of the house for over 2 hours, purely for SW which is a lot of time when I have so much work to do for uni.

Anyway... today's food has been...

B: low fat yoghurt (f), sweetener (f), banana (sf)

L: 2 x bacon with fat cut off (f), 2 x eggs (f), half a can of beans (sf), 1 x slice toast (hex b), light spread (1 syn), 2 x babybel (hex a), 2 x satsumas (sf)

D: Egg fried rice - rice (f), quorn chicken pieces (f), mushrooms (sf), onions (sf), egg (f), Muller yoghurt (f), Curly Wurly (6 syns)

S: Swizzels Giant Double Lolly (6 syns)

Yummy day with an extra lolly treat as it is weigh in day!

Hello lovely!

Just wanted to say congrats on the 5lb loss :D You seem to have got the hang of it really quickly! I'm also a huge (literally :eek:) lover of peanut butter with anything. I've ordered some in my food shopping so I'm hoping to make use of that this week.

I don't know if you're into asian food much but there's a really good recipe for satay sauce that's 1 tbs peanut butter, 1tbs soy sauce, a little chilli powder and a pinch of five spice and a few tablespoons of water... mix it up and microwave for about 40 seconds and it's done! It's amazing with egg fried rice! And all free except for the PB :D

Good luck with the rest of the week! x

Hello lovely!

Just wanted to say congrats on the 5lb loss :D You seem to have got the hang of it really quickly! I'm also a huge (literally :eek:) lover of peanut butter with anything. I've ordered some in my food shopping so I'm hoping to make use of that this week.

I don't know if you're into asian food much but there's a really good recipe for satay sauce that's 1 tbs peanut butter, 1tbs soy sauce, a little chilli powder and a pinch of five spice and a few tablespoons of water... mix it up and microwave for about 40 seconds and it's done! It's amazing with egg fried rice! And all free except for the PB :D

Good luck with the rest of the week! x

Hi!

Thanks for the peanut butter idea - sounds amazing!

I'm not a massive spicy food kinda person - the idea of putting chilli powder in something scares me, but I will try it! Any way to get peanut butter in is fine with me! :)

Well done on your weightloss Sarah! Your doing fab!! Has that given you more motivation? It did with me!!
im going to try out your pancake recipe this morning for breakfast.
Good luck for the next week! :) x

Thanks! It has definitely given me more motivation - really helps to get a good weigh in! Knowing that I am only 2lb away from my half stone means I am more determined!

Let me know how the pancakes go - I found them delicious!

Hi everyone!

So I've had another good day really - bit tricky.

B: yoghurt (f), sweetener (f), banana (sf)

S: peanut hifi bar (hex b)

L: 2 x babybel (hex a), packet of Pombears (5 syns)

D: egg fried rice with quorn, vegetables & soya sauce (f, sf), yoghurt (f), lolly (6 syns)

S: curly wurly (6 syns)

So... as you can see, I had a good breakfast. However, I worked until 1 and didn't have time to eat anything. I then had a meeting until 3 and so didn't get to start eating lunch until then. Then I was so busy that I could only pick. I also had 2 satsumas and my mini omelettes with me. However, the omelettes had gotten all squished and looked horrible so I didn't have them. I literally didnt have time to peel the satsumas so couldnt have them either. I was starving!

Was hoping to go to Zumba tonight but I wasn't feeling amazing after my first full day back at uni and work since I have been ill and thought walking home and then back out again wasn't the best idea. Plus I have a deadline approaching so thought I should get started on the essay!

I had a lolly as my syns but decided to let myself have a curly wurly if I could get to 1000 words on my assignment which I did - so I'm having that! Means I am 1 syn over today, but I will be under tomorrow so I think that should be fine.

Tomorrow I have a similar plan, however I am having lunch at home so going to make sure I have a nice big lunch. I am going to Zumba in the evening which I am really looking forward to!

Thanks! It has definitely given me more motivation - really helps to get a good weigh in! Knowing that I am only 2lb away from my half stone means I am more determined!

Let me know how the pancakes go - I found them delicious!
The pancakes were yummy! I don't eat eggs so its a great way for me to get them in my diet. Might even make them again for breakfast :)
my leader said I should aim to lose the 2lb, then you get a sticker too! My weigh in is Thursday eve but I am looking forward to seeing how I've done already. And I think you deffo deserved that curly wurly, you sound like uve had such a hectic day! Xx

Back