Sarah's SW Diary

Sarah I have found even with the pods self sabbotage is the hardest habit to break, but I think i've more or less cracked it but look how long its taken me :rolleyes: noticing that this is what you are doing is the first step. Next time, stop think, mull it all over, this way its easier and faster to squish it :D x :bighug:

I haven't really been on here much this week. I've been lurking around, but just haven't been posting. I've been pretty much on plan, apart from Friday night. Went out for dinner and decided I would have a night of what I fancied, so went for the 2 course for £10, veggie burger with chips and a choc brownie dessert. Turns out my body couldn't handle anything quite that naughty anymore, I felt poorly so had to come home early and was sick! Still, at least if I brought most of it back up again it can't have done too much damage, right? ;) Was quite glad to leave early in all honesty, it was a bit of an awkward night and I didn't really want to be out with a couple of the people who were there. I won't bore you with the details.

Aside from that the only naughtiness was when I got really hungry at work and had to have a kitkat (our vending machine is awful and has nothing remotely healthy in it and there's not enough time on our breaks to leave the department and get anything better). Hoping for a loss tomorrow evening, but we'll see.

I lost 1lb at WI last night :D I'm back on my losing streak now, and feel great. I've stopped worrying about it, I'm just following the plan and being relaxed, and it's working. Since my big thinking session and my post last week, everything seems to have just fallen into place, and it's fab. I'm able to follow plan and stick to it without having to write everything down, and I don't have to think about it all the time. I feel like a whole new person :D I'll still be lurking around on here and posting, but I won't be doing food diaries every day. Maybe just the odd one here and there when I need to check my syns. I've also decided that I'm going to start eating meat again. Think it might start with a chicken sandwich today, I'll see how I feel at lunch time.

I'm puppy-sitting today :D My Dad got a new puppy 3 weeks ago, he's a golden mountain dog (golden retriever x bernese mountain dog) and he's now 11 weeks old. He's lovely :D His name is Albert. We've just had a mad half-hour, now he's having a sleep so I'm catching up on here and then going to get some work done. Here's a pic of him at 8 weeks when he'd just come home, he's grown a bit already!

426867_3357287766607_1101372016_3404652_1849610580_n.jpg

Well, I haven't posted on here for 2 weeks, so here's a quick update...Last week I gained 2.5lb, and this week I lost it again :D

I started eating meat again, and I have to say I feel much better for it. It's funny, when I stopped eating it 4 years ago I felt better, but having started again I feel better. Obviously my body needed it again! There are so many things that I never missed when I didn't eat meat, but since starting again I keep thinking of things that I can have now and getting quite excited :giggle:

Anyway, I only popped on quickly to update statistics etc and have a tutorial in a bit and need to pop to town first, so I'm off again! xx

I put on 2lb last night. Hasn't been a brilliant week foodwise (McDonalds, 3 non-SW roast dinners, a whole Easter egg inc chocs that came with it and other snacky bits as well) so wasn't unexpected. Back on track today and also joined the gym this morning. I did an hour workout, followed by a swim, jacuzzi and steam room, planning another 2 gym sessions before WI next week, so those 2lb should be off again by then!

I'm back! Briefly anyway. Things have been a little bit crazy the past few weeks! Our roof leaked in our flat, lots of damage and we had to move out. I've been staying with the boy for a couple of weeks, and we've given our notice on the flat. I've asked for our rent back for the month as we haven't been able to live there. Anyway, long story short, after much consideration the boy and I have decided that I'm moving in permanently and we're living together! As yet we don't have internet at home yet (he hasn't been there long and hadn't got it sorted yet, typical boy :giggle:) I've just ordered virgin so should be connected at home next week as I need it for uni work. Anyway, at the moment I'm just at my Dad's using his connection to catch up on things so thought I'd pop in here and update!

Weight wise I've been up and down the last couple of weeks, but am back at my lowest and seem to be going down again now (weigh in tomorrow so we'll see!). I feel like I've lost, but I haven't been brilliant food-wise so we'll see. I've been walking to work and back when it's nice enough, which is 2 miles each way, so further that the little half mile each way from where our flat was. I've also joined the gym and got a personal trainer now too, as I'm determined to get to where I need t be, and I want to tone up everywhere. There was an offer on personal training sessions and it's much cheaper than I've ever seen anywhere else so I thought I'd give it all I've got.

How are you getting on? (anyone who reads this)

I should be back properly next week when virgin is connected. xx

Oh no, it definitely leaked. A lot. It's been an absolute nightmare, and I'm still having problems trying to sort things out with the landlord! It's all very stressful really.

Oh, I put 2.5lbs on at weigh in last night. I was absolutely mortified! Sat in on the new members talk and am taking things back to basics!

Luckily I managed to get everything out the way so nothing was damaged, apart from the flat itself of course.

Weight wise, I lost 3lb this week! So happy as I've been rubbish with food since Saturday, but I guess all the packing/moving/stress outweighed my rubbish diet! I'm now at my lowest since starting sw :)

Everything else is wonderful, I love living with the boy so much, it's great. Oh, and we're getting 2 kittens at the end of June. Proper internet was connected this morning so I'll update properly with pics of them tomorrow, and catch up with you all :) xxx

Well, I have stuck to plan today, which I'm really pleased about. I ended up swimming instead of doing a gym session though, as by the time I got to go I had a splitting headache and couldn't face the gym. I swam for half an hour and then went in the jacuzzi and the steam room, which was lovely :) I also did an hours housework earlier, surely scrubbing the bathroom and lugging the hoover count, right? ;)

Anyway, I've just finished my tea, the mushroom and lentil loaf was lovely! I'm just having a break between my dinner and my yogurt, as the evenings are my worst time of day for snacking and I figure that will break it up a bit and stop me picking!

I forgot to count the syn for the brown sauce on my breakfast, so todays total syns is 9 :) It's only early days but I'm pretty pleased with how it's going so far! :D

just randomly reading through, and i know it's a post from last year but this sounds nice, do you have a recipe? i love veggie food!:D thanks:D

just randomly reading through, and i know it's a post from last year but this sounds nice, do you have a recipe? i love veggie food!:D thanks:D

Mushroom & Lentil loaf (1 Healthy Extra A per portion)

125g dried green lentils
250g mushrooms sliced
1 onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 egg beaten
120g grated mature cheddar (90g to go in mix, 30g to sprinkle on top)
1 tsp of marmite
1 tsp of dried mustard powder
Pinch Mixed herbs
Salt & pepper to taste

Boil the lentils for 20ish mins & drain. Meanwhile fry the onion, mushrooms & garlic in fry light until cooked.
Mix everything up in a bowl (save 30g of the cheese for topping) Spray a loaf tin with fry light & pour the mixture in. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake in the oven for 30mins at 200.
Can be frozen.

Well, I'm on plan 100% so far this week. I managed to get away with my 3lb loss in spite of eating for England (I think all the moving must've burned off all the naughty foods I ate! Naughty foods include Italian meal out with work, Indian, Chinese buffet, chicken and mushroom slices, crisps, chocolate white bread and biscuits!). Decided I must get back on track though (I won't get away with it again!) and have been 100% since Wednesday and just had a session with my personal trainer.

Can't decide what to have for tea tonight, I'm thinking maybe a piece of fish, new potatoes and peas, but not sure yet. I think I'll have a wander to the shop in a min and se what takes my fancy!

Hehe, yes I do. He has such a personal trainer type name as well, it makes me giggle every time :giggle: I joined the gym and there was an offer on that was way cheaper than I've ever heard of anywhere else so I thought I'd go for it. I've paid for 10 sessions to get me into a routine, and I can definitely feel that it's made a difference!

Weigh in tonight and I put on 1lb :( I think it's just because I feel a bit bloated though, I weighed myself a couple of times in the week, and they both said I'd lost and I've stuck to plan almost 100% for the whole week. The only timy blip I've had was yesterday, which was some white tiger bread with real butter and peanut butter and a small bit of Easter egg. I don't really ever eat white bread any more and I think that's what's bloated me. I'm sticking with it still, I'm determined to be at target by my birthday1

I'll keep you posted on the hat front Jackie :giggle: xxx

I had a bit of a blowout on Thursday night, Frankie & Benny's style...me and the boy shared a starter of dough balls and dough sticks with cheesy dip, then I had lasagne and herby potatoes. It was yummy, but very naughty. We had to go out for dinner though, I'd been helping my old flatmate move all her stuff into her new place, while he'd been sorting out the plaster etc in the utility room where it got damp from the leaky boiler. When I got home there was plaster EVERYWHERE, and the first words that came out of his mouth were 'I've had a bit of a mishap'. Brilliant. Apparently when he de-plumbed the washing mashine to move it, the valve on the water pipe broke off in his hand and water started spraying out the pipe like a fountain! I wish I'd been here to see it :giggle: anyway, we had to have an emergency trip to B&Q when I got in to get a new valve so the water could be turned back on so I could have a bath, and by the time it was all sorted and everything was cleared up it was gone 8 o'clock and neither of us could be bothered to cook!

Been absolutely 100% since then though, and was good for the rest of Thursday (spent the whole day moving stuff so didn't have time to eat anything anyway!), and I did an hour in the gym yesterday, so hopefully it will be fine and I'll have a loss this week.

I'm currently avoiding essay writing. I spent most of yesterday evening doing the same thing. I've done 710 words of the 3000 that are required, and have until Wednesday to get it finished. The only problem is, the boy will be back in about an hour, and he's off work because of the Bank Holidays, so he'll be around and I won't want to be working! I probably should get it finished now, but I doubt I can bang out another 2300 words in under an hour, never mind the fact that I haven't got my references sorted yet. Oh well. I guess I'll have to get on with it tomorrow instead of helping him with the DIY he has planned :giggle: xx

Back