Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Hope you have a lovely afternoon honey! Was that a top or dress you were wearing in the fb pic? Turquoisey lace? I was liking the look of it! And you and Dave matched! xxx Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's a dress - £5 in the sale in primark. Love it when we match - we manage it quite a lot, usually totally by accident!xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Afternoon tea was amazing! Very un-SW-friendly but mum and dad loved it and I won't be eating anything else today so it's all good.

image-2466823779.jpg

image-1072975571.jpg

Planning two fast days (tue and thur) and running those days too.xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Looks delicious!! As do you and Dave! :)
Are you weighing this morning or just cracking straight on with another on plan day?
WELL DONE on the run!! That's flipping brilliant! So so impressed! As Lil says, you'll be doing marathons in no time...hehe or you could start to run alongside Dave when he goes out on his bike?!! Xxxx

Lol. Dave cycles about 18-20mph average so not sure I could keep up! He made me do A LOT of stretching yesterday and my legs actually feel fine today, which is good. Gonna get out for a quick run in the morning but may only have time for 3k depending on what time I get up. I figure anything is better than nothing though! Will have more time on Thursday when I'm WFH. Planning to go to Reigate tomorrow night to get my gait analysed and grab some new trainers. Do we reckon it's realistic to budget about £50?

I did brave the scales this morning and it's officially 10.6 - obviously the run and not eating anything but afternoon tea and a Muller Light balanced it all out! Only 2 more WIs to go but almost 3 weeks so I can sneak in a 3rd WI on the Saturday when we fly so that's 2lbs a week - with fast days I reckon that's do-able and actually we don't have anything else naughty in the diary now so hopefully it's all good. We are catching up with friends over the next few weekends but all at our house so we can make sure everything is SW friendly!

EE day today:
B - Muller Green Lemon (these are soooooooo good!) with strawbs
L - Tesco BNS salad
D - Out for dinner with the 'rents as it's their actual wedding anniversary today but keeping it low-key (and low syn for me!) at the Beefeater, so will be having paprika chicken with rice and a naked salad. Already looking forward to that!
Snacks - Alpen Light (1/2 HEXB) and still have my HEXA to play with so might have an Options for 2 syns tonight

How's everyone's week shaping up? I'm fasting tomorrow and Thursday if anyone wants to join me?

xxx

Do we reckon it's realistic to budget about £50?

I did brave the scales this morning and it's officially 10.6 How's everyone's week shaping up? I'm fasting tomorrow and Thursday if anyone wants to join me?

xxx

Morning :)

Not sure if £50 is realistic... do you have tiny feet?! Mine were around that but only because my feet are 2.5-3... the ladies versions of the same shoes were £120!! If you can get the gait done for free though and get advice with no obligation to buy... you could always come back and buy off the internet much cheaper.

All the stores stock current season styles only, the internet has previous seasons for nearly half the price a lot of places.

You could always buy them... go home, buy the same model cheaper elsewhere and then return them... :whistle:

Well done on the result!! Great that it balanced out in the end after all the fun/naughties you had. SW really is the dream!

I'm thinking of a fast day on Thurs... I probably should have done one today but had too many leftovers from dinner yesterday and would break my heart to waste them! xx

I'm a 5.5 and kids ones usually go up to that, so hopefully can get 'em for that. There are quite a few online but like you say, it's the advice I really need. The shop sounds really nice on their website so hopefully they'll understand. I just don't want to spend a tonne of money in case I don't stick at it! I have been known to spend a lot of money on a new hobby and get bored very quickly!

I was super pleased with the result on the scales this morning. Hopefully with a couple of cheeky fast days and an on-plan weekend, I can get a good result next week. We've got friends over on Friday night so need to work out a plan for that...I might see if I can WFH then I can do a big SW friendly roast - haven't had one for ages! Would give us leftovers for the weekend too - might do some Jamie's Korean fried rice as we haven't had it for a while and it's delish!

Definitely feeling in the zone and in control at the moment and really feeling like if I can keep up the running, it will be the extra push I need to get me happy for holiday.

xxx

Ooh how weird, I've just realised it was my 2 year SW birthday on Friday! The 2st I shifted at the beginning is basically still off, I've just spent the last year wrangling with the last half a stone!xxx

Happy birthday/anniversary!! You've done so well, just shows how well the plan works!

I reckon most people who maintain will always fluctuate around half a stone with keeping an eye on it, you have to live life too and with things like holidays and the stresses of house moves, it's bound to happen. The key is getting back on it again!

You're a true SW champ/pro/expert now Sarah! xx

Aw happy belated slimming world birthday! Fantastic to keep weigh off for so long! It's how you really know you've changed your habits for good! Well done chick! Also well done on the scales result! You deserved it all to balance out!

How my gosh, how fabulous did you afternoon tea look! YUM! That top layer! My goodness! Drool!! I hope your parents had a lovely special time! It's nice that you guys are doing something tonight even if it's just low key and chilled! Sounds like you have made a yummy choice for dins!

Running shoes are so expensive! I have New Balance ones that I got for my birthday last year after having my feet analysed! Think they were about €80?? Solid investment though! They were one of the cheaper pairs too but still up there! Definitely my most expensive footwear after my uggs! I think your beach bod will definitely thank you for the running! Even when I was just doing it for a little while ago, I felt my body was looking slightly improved so hoping to keep it up now by just saying 3 mornings a week and maybe a weekend day too so there's no pressure! I don't want to feel like it's something i've to do every day or i'd just feel too overwhelmed!

I hope you can work from home on friday! A roast is one of those things that looks like you've put loads of effort into (and it often is!) but it's also perfect for being on plan without it looking like you're trying to be too healthy!! x

Thanks girlies!

And you're so right about a roast, Tasha - maximum taste, minimal syns and always impressive on the table!

I'm gonna go for 3 runs a week too (Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday) but if I feel like I can manage another one, like if the weather is particularly nice one evening and Dave is going for a ride, then I will.

xxx

Hey beaut. Loving the motivation on your diary ATM! You will get back to target by your holiday! :D Super well done on the running as well. It seems to me that you may be more of a natural than you think xxxx

Aww thanks Jess! I honestly don't understand it though - you don't know how many times over the years I've tried to go running/jogging/walk-running/whatever and I've never ever been able to do more than a mile. My chest has felt like it was about to explode and I just couldn't do it. I tried every trick in the book but it just didn't work.

I really don't know what's different this time, but something must be. I've enjoyed both runs so far and really hope I continue to. Tash just said on her diary she wants to be able to do 5k in 30 mins and that's my target at the moment too. I'm not sure I'll get there by holiday - that's a bit flippin ambitious. But then, if you'd told me this time last week I'd run 5k on Sunday, I would have laughed in your face! So you never know!!

xxx

I think you can do it! It is my aim too! I'm really not a natural though but I might try it outside and see if I am better then than I am in the gym xxxx

Definitely try outside! I really don't like treadmills much at all - I find I get really bored! Really hoping it's reasonably dry tomorrow morning so I can get a quick 3/4km in before work.

So glad Dave made me do a tonne of stretching with him yesterday because my legs feel absolutely fine today. After Thursday they were really bad! I found a fab little 5 minute stretching video on youtube I worked through as well. The girl on there is super mega flexible (and I'm so not!) but I attempted all of her stretches and they obviously helped. Must make sure I've got time to do that tomorrow as well. Crikey, it's going to be a really early start! Alarm set for 5.45am I reckon. Boo!! xxx

Foodie update:
B - Muller Greek Lemon with strawbs
L - Tesco BNS salad (no dressing)
D - Paprika chicken with rice and salad (no dressing)
Snacks - Alpen Light (1/2 HEXB), few pistachios (1/2 HEXB), 2 Cheesestrings (HEXA) - yes, I am a child!

xxx

Happy Slimming World Birthday lovely!!! Food looking fab as ever today... and I'm so happy to see it's not just me that likes Cheesestrings, they are a secret favourite of mine :)
Only three weeks till Cancun??? I bet you can't wait and you will be looking fab fab fab!!!
You have such amazing willpower to go running! I tried the C25K last year but only completed a few weeks as I just couldn't get into it... I just don't think running is my thing! Hope you've had a greedy day xxx

Hope you had a lovely evening - seriously well done on the running, it happened to me too, have never been able to run and then last year I went for a walk, decided to run for a bit and ended up running the whole way! Thought it was a fluke so tried the next night and managed it again! Really must dust off my trainers xx

Happy Slimming World birthday!!!! :) xxxx

Thanks lovelies!

That's weird the same thing happened to you, Nat. It's fab!

Ended up with a migraine last night after dinner and head is still pounding this morning so didn't go for a run. Feel really disappointed but I got out of bed and felt like my head was going to explode so thought it was best to lay back down again. Still gonna get my trainers fitted tonight and might try a quick spin round the block.

Haven't had a migraine for ages, then get 2 in 2 days. It couldn't be the running could it? I've been drinking a tonne of water. Probably just coincidence. Annoying though.

Fast day today despite the evil headache:
WW lemon Greek style - 79
Strawbs - 32
Popcorn - 88
Omelette (1 egg/1 white) with tesco prawns - ~170
Creme egg mini cone - 70

It's gonna be a challenge today!xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aw Hun migraines are the most awful things :( don't worry too much if you can't manage a fast day, definitely just see how you go. Are you sleeping enough? Maybe you're just exhausted? xxxx.

Back