Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Dinner last night was amaze! I was so full!

Happy Friday's ladies - hope you all have lovely weekends planned?

Ours is going to be super chilled - need to make sure I'm all set to go back to work properly on Monday.

EE day planned again today:
B - Muller Greek with a fruit salad (mango, rasps and strawbs)
L - something with lentils as I have some to use up! Cheerios (HEXB)
D - random picky dinner to use up the sweetcorn salsa I made yesterday - cold meats, gherkins, HEXA cheese, maybe a small jacket spud if I'm super peckish
Snacks - banana, 2 custard creams (6)

xxx

Hello sweetheart :)

Awful to hear that you've been ill and are still not 100%. As you say make sure you get lots of rest and I'm sure that you will feel much better for next week.
Also great to see that you're on plan - you are so looking for a loss this week! You know how to do it so just keep at it!

xxxx

Thanks gorgeous - welcome back and well done on your 10.3 WI! I'm hoping for 10.8 again this Monday (having gone backwards last week!). Only 5 weeks until my friend's hen and starting to freak out a little that I was looking like I could get into the 9s and now there is just no chance. Still aiming for around the 10st mark - might need some fast days to help but trying to give those a rest until I'm properly better as I think my body needs proper fuel xxx

Just keep at it sweetheart :) and how did you make the fish cakes? xxxx

Ended up making some Thai salmon fishcakes with tinned salmon for lunch (1 syn sweet chilli sauce) - oh the yums!!! xx

Ooh they sound nice, you have some lovely food xx

Hey Jess, they were super easy fish cakes - tin of salmon, clove of garlic, grated ginger, half a chilli, handful of fresh coriander and a small potato microwaved and skin removed. Blitzed it all in the food processor then formed into cakes and dry fried for a few mins on each side. Yum.

We decided to go and see the inbetweeners last night so Dave treated us to dinner in Nando's. 6 syns for butterfly chicken, spicy rice and corn. Used my hexa for halloumi. Then we grabbed a cuppa in Starbucks and I picked up a 6 syn bag of popcorn - was delish. So still within syns. Picky bits from yesterday will make up tonight's tea instead.

Looking forward to having my hair cut today then probably heading over to see my Nan. Super chilled, definitely.

Hope everyone has lovely weekends planned xxx

They sound super yummy Sarah :)! Might try making some of them this weekend :)

Nandos sounded good last night! xxxx

After a bit of an off plan weekend, I managed by some miracle to WI at 10.9. 3lbs off this week. Whoop!

Feeling weird this morning - bit of a poorly tummy. Dreading going back to work, strangely, like that feeling of going back to school after the summer holidays? Not sure why but it's making me feel sick.

Not sure what food is planned beyond a big fruit salad for breakfast and leftover pulled pork and veggies for tea, but will update later.

Hope you gorgeous ones all had super weekends xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yay well done on the superb loss - just needed your body to catch up with you :)

I totally understand that feeling. I think it's when you don't feel 100% and worry about how you'll feel and you put pressure on yourself to stay feeling well. If you feel ill still they will understand so don't worry :)

xxxx

Thanks Jess. It's driving me mad now - I just want to feel like me again. And every time I think I do, I go and do something simple like wash and blow dry my hair and I'm knackered and I realise I'm not that well after all!

I've come into work and my boss already thinks I should take some more time off. I was awake most of the night worrying about and dreaming about work, so I just don't think I could have called in sick again today. I at least needed to try. Might work from home this afternoon and for a few days this week if my diary allows.

Really not feeling like eating at all today, so might end up with a morning of drinking lots of water but, the plan is:
B - Muller Greek with fruit salad
L - tbc - something low syn from little Tesco downstairs!
D - Some kind of leftovers concoction!

xx

Oh huni I hate to hear you still not 100%.
Our bodies are funny things aren't they. Sounds like back to work fear, which I think it a little natural after not feeling well and having some time off. How are you feeling now?
Well done on your loss gorgeous, you never know those 9s could still be in sight in 5 weeks...but priority is getting yourself back to full strength. And listen to your boss...if they are suggesting more rest then take it, as will just take you longer in the long run to get back to 100%!
Xxxx

Thanks lovely one. I definitely had back to work fear - I spotted something on Friday that the team should have been picking up and hadn't, so think I was panicking about that. All seems OK today though. We have our team meeting at 11am and might head off to work from home after that...depends how I feel. It's such a funny illness - when I'm laying on the sofa at home, I feel totally fine, and that makes me feel like a fraud for not being at work. But as soon as I have a shower, dry my hair, put my face on and come to work, I'm flippin' shattered and everything feels like such an enormous effort. Bit worried having too much time off might count against me at appriasal time too...I got an amazing rating at mid-years and am desperate to keep that up 'til bonus time!

You're right though...I do need to listen to my body (and my boss!) and not do too much. I'm too much like my mum - I feel lazy laying around and like I should be fighting it off and being stronger. Silly really, but that's how I'm wired!

Just been talking to a couple of the senior managers at work who both had glandular fever in their early thirties so they can totally sympathise. They ended up having 6 weeks off so it seems like I'm doing well to even be back doing some half days!

xxx

Thanks lovely one. I definitely had back to work fear - I spotted something on Friday that the team should have been picking up and hadn't, so think I was panicking about that. All seems OK today though. We have our team meeting at 11am and might head off to work from home after that...depends how I feel. It's such a funny illness - when I'm laying on the sofa at home, I feel totally fine, and that makes me feel like a fraud for not being at work. But as soon as I have a shower, dry my hair, put my face on and come to work, I'm flippin' shattered and everything feels like such an enormous effort. Bit worried having too much time off might count against me at appriasal time too...I got an amazing rating at mid-years and am desperate to keep that up 'til bonus time!

You're right though...I do need to listen to my body (and my boss!) and not do too much. I'm too much like my mum - I feel lazy laying around and like I should be fighting it off and being stronger. Silly really, but that's how I'm wired!

Just been talking to a couple of the senior managers at work who both had glandular fever in their early thirties so they can totally sympathise. They ended up having 6 weeks off so it seems like I'm doing well to even be back doing some half days!

xxx

I'm exactly the same, I totally relate to everything above.

I'm back today too and now that I'm here, I really don't think I should be. I can get by but I'm struggling.

I worry stuff will be missed, I worry too much time off looks bad for something so subjective as vertigo and I feel like a lazy lump lying around at home.

So frustrating! x

Yep, that's exactly it, hun.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great still. Can you do a half day or slide off a bit early? Thinking of you, lovely girl xxx

Well done on the loss Sarah! Amazing considering how I'll you've been. I just want to give you all a massive hug. You wee poorly things. Really hope you're feeling healthier soon! Don't push yourself too much though because it won't make getting better any easier. Lots of love xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aww thanks Tash <3

I've just eaten a very thin slice of rainbow cake - one of the guys at work baked it and it's amazing! Am on a bit of a sugar high now, so dreading the come down! lol. Way too many syns, but am hoping if I skip lunch, the calories will kinda balance out!

xx

Did you need to go home hun? You okay?

Snap on cake ;) xxxx

Morning ladies,

I feel like such a whinge-monster at the moment so will keep things short today!

Foodage planned so far is:
B - Muller Greek (1/2) with strawbs and rasps
L - Ainsley Couscous (1/2)
D - TBC - something with the rest of the leftover pork

xxx

Back